Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 15, 2019, 09:29:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189902 Posts in 11001 Topics by 18343 Members
Latest Member: JamesMop
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  General Savage XR Discussion
| | |-+  It's time for a big patch - XR 1.3!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: It's time for a big patch - XR 1.3!  (Read 36354 times)
balatkit

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 11, 2017, 04:43:26 pm »

Have you heard of a bug (I know it works for Scavenger, didn't test as Nomad) when auto-repair/mine animations (which is called by "R" -- auto-mine/repair button -- by default) won't work at times when you are mining/repairing (instead, there's attack animations, and when you click attack button there is repair animations)?
Nanaa
Newerth Donator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: February 11, 2017, 05:03:49 pm »

The chat has a bug where icon's path is shown instead of the icon (see chatbug.png). Smiley is transformed into its path "^icon ../smiles/1^" and I guess the chat doens't check the path got a lenght and thus can't properly make a line break. So the string is cut off when the character limit hits.

Team selection screen's chat works as it should (see chatbug2.png)

Additional info:
Smileys can also cause that words at the end of sentences are not shown.

Resolution: 1920x1080
Hud skin: Smoke

* chatbug.png (164.79 KB, 559x168 - viewed 95 times.)

* chatbug2.png (246.21 KB, 909x393 - viewed 93 times.)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 05:17:55 pm by Nanaa » Logged
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 11, 2017, 05:43:23 pm »

seems i commented the wrong thread -,-
No worries, I read both anyway. Afro
Crashday
XR Coder

soundcloud.com/bernhardfritz

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 11, 2017, 07:03:59 pm »

there seems to be a bug regarding swapping items in loadout screen when having low gold.

e.g.: Let's say i have 100 gold left and rabid (250$) + frenzy (800$) equipped. team gold is 0$ / blocked by comm.
it is not possible to swap rabid with let's say something from equal value like carni (250$). i have to explicitly sell rabid before buying carni.

its a minor issue i guess Smiley

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 12, 2017, 12:01:52 am »

Mobile spawn point!

* shot00005.jpg (904.36 KB, 1920x1200 - viewed 109 times.)

Grapists

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 12, 2017, 08:12:44 am »

@Daemon Is the cave just a prop or something you can build out of terrain in the map editor to be more customizable?

Also let djinghis join the newerth high council. #FreeDjinghis #CounselorInghis
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 12, 2017, 09:25:42 am »

@Daemon Is the cave just a prop or something you can build out of terrain in the map editor to be more customizable?

It's the 1st of many modular cave segments, to be used by map makers as soon as we figure out the lighting issues.

Also let djinghis join the newerth high council. #FreeDjinghis #CounselorInghis

Nothing high about it. It's for trustworthy people thou. Why would you even obsess over djinghis?

SavageBeard
XR Map Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 12, 2017, 09:53:36 am »

Mobile spawn point!

Cool stuff, is it buildable or a prop? Can change hands? How to prevent humans just hiding it in their base?
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 12, 2017, 10:37:54 am »

Will post soon, we need figure out all the details and make it work.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 10:56:22 am by Daemon » Logged

Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: February 12, 2017, 11:51:49 am »

The only thing i really liked about Savage 2 were the mobile spawn points. So this is pretty much amazing, even if not useful nowadays as not any big maps are being played anymore.

SavageBeard
XR Map Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 12, 2017, 01:02:49 pm »

Crash, i need help with getting caves to work! Smiley They get all sorts of weird lighting because the game was designed to be outdoors Smiley.

At least rain droplets don't penetrate the cave walls Smiley.

Since you're on the mission to create caves and stuff,

Any chance to create some more objects that can be used like Grimm's walls? Specifically I'm thinking of large boulders (some which are quite big, that the team can kill to expand their base for example), also trees and other types of props.

Or even adjust the editor so that each object can be assigned HP and so on, so that the map maker can chose which objects to make destructible and with which amount of HP.

Also I have found the amount of different ladders to be very lacking. Most of them don't scale well at all, you have to use many different ones, and most are used as an incline. It would be nice to have some sort of ladder prop which is almost vertical, and quite small (just a rope of some sorts?) that you can scale to a decent height if you want without it looking wonky.

On an unrelated note I also want to bring another suggestion (which I posted somewhere way back, can't remember where), and that is a slight balance change to allow units to carry more redstone (100 or 150).

And the more controversial suggestion that siege units hitting regular units should stun them (for 2-3 secs) instead of inflicting damage.  Afro
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 12, 2017, 01:23:58 pm »

Post in the re-balancing section for gameplay changes, i really can't keep track of everything. Plus, we need to see discussions and arguments brought to the table to make us resonate with one's proposals.

http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/topic,17471.0.html

Making anything a grimm wall in the editor is a a grim feat. So someone, you maybe, better put a list together of exactly what should be new grimm-like props: appearance, size, HP, etc.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 01:25:41 pm by Daemon » Logged

SavageBeard
XR Map Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 12, 2017, 03:01:31 pm »

Post in the re-balancing section for gameplay changes, i really can't keep track of everything. Plus, we need to see discussions and arguments brought to the table to make us resonate with one's proposals.

http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/topic,17471.0.html

Making anything a grimm wall in the editor is a a grim feat. So someone, you maybe, better put a list together of exactly what should be new grimm-like props: appearance, size, HP, etc.

Ah, apprently I had already put my suggestion in that thread

I have made a map with some props I want to see destructible and their approx. size. Would be nice to have some new boulder though, since that one is getting quite overused.

Also would like to see some mashed up props exist as a unified destructible like the one scene to the left in the map, in this case it can be walked across from one side but not the other.

* xr_destructible.s2z (7.95 KB - downloaded 58 times.)
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 12, 2017, 05:45:11 pm »

[Stuff about more walls, more trees, more props, and more ladders]
We'll be adding more props in general, but the more specific wishes people list, the more likely variety will be added.
At the same time, it's still at Daemon's own discretion since he needs to not only add them, but also actually make/adjust them.

Or even adjust the editor so that each object can be assigned HP and so on, so that the map maker can chose which objects to make destructible and with which amount of HP.
This is unfeasible as the editor does not work like that.
Since it's just a map editor, you only use the existing defitions to make your map and not actually creating your own objects.
What a mapper can do, however, is add a startup script to objedit the object definitions on load.
Marbello
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 12, 2017, 06:47:41 pm »

This, also the server file from our download section! I just have to download hundreds of new MB's due to a fresh install Sad

« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 06:52:08 pm by Marbello » Logged

More meaning!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: