Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 14, 2020, 03:01:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190016 Posts in 11005 Topics by 18524 Members
Latest Member: h1ppy
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  General Savage XR Discussion
| | |-+  A DREAM OF SAVAGE AND ITS DEMISE
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A DREAM OF SAVAGE AND ITS DEMISE  (Read 2314 times)
Tjens
I make maps and stuff
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

GIFMEISTER

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2016, 09:25:56 am »

This night I dreamed of Savage

Peacefull music was to be heard in the background as my dream unfolded.

It all began when my dream started with a post by Deamon, proclaiming it would be his last. The post revealed Deamons last Savage project ever: a skin mod for a scavanger. When I saw the words my dream took took me over a hill of grass, revealing an empty meadow with hills and trees looking down upon it's green fields. When I saw the meadow I realised Savage had breathed it's last breath; Deamon had stopped development and Groentjuh had stopped hosting it's magnificent servers.

Yet, as a parting gift the development team left us with a world of Savage as it was meant to be; instead of endless battles repeating itself into oblivion we were given virgin lands as far as the eye could see, open and breathtaking, ready to be explored. As I ventured further into the meadow with it's green fields of grass and it's blue-white skies and trees magnificent, I was saddened by Savage's demise and it's decent into endless repeating of it's past mistakes. But at the same time I was struck by the beauty of the lands left behind, it's memories woven into every moment and every grain of sand as I roamed over the grassy fields.

Suddenly, after floating around in these fields and meadows and amidst it's mountains I saw another soul walking around, lost, bewildered that it was all over - these years of fast pased relaxation and amusement. I approached and saw another, and another, and another, untill I noticed there were countless of people, all in beast skin - walking around aimlessly, not sure what to do with their newly found freedom.

Then, something perculiar happend. People started banding together, getting close in large groups they were being drawn to one another as there was noone to fight anymore. They slowly became conscious about their new situation, and with this newly found conciousness they rejoiced - reveled and started jumping, partying together and spreading love and fun, being kids and fully grown adults in this newly found world of peace. And thus we all found peace and comfort in knowing the world of Savage will end, but it's players and memories will always be in our hearts.

Savage has been my escape from reality for years and years, and it's people have accomponied me in this journey through all this time, and even while you are all complete strangers I would like to thank every one of you for the time and the commitment you've given to the game and to an extend, me and all the other players. Now Savage is turning into something from old times past I will always remember the game as an always reachable retreat from reality, and it's been an awesome experience through and throughout.

Spoiler (Mouse-Over to read)
No I'm not going to die, just bored at work. THANK YOU!!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 11:34:30 am by Tjens » Logged

Rio D'Oro
Newerth Donator

NIGHTMARE Clan leader & MPUK stacker @_@

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 12:07:00 pm »

Smitten
Shagroth
no u
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 01:41:17 pm »

Dramatic Tjens.

I have to agree on most of this, there are some people in this game I will not forget, there are some I don't want to remember but still will. And there is phoe who is like the old man on the bus who used to be quiet but is now screaming loudly about politics, being so weird its impossible to forget.

But I don't think its over yet  Humans Vs Beast

DUEL FOR BAN TJENS LITTLE BITCH

Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 02:00:36 pm »

Once again Tjens amazed me with his writing skills.

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 06:46:21 pm »

Once again Tjens amazed me with his writing skills.

Says Daemon a lot. Must be really good.

biggeruniverse
Disrespectful Newerth Coder and Occasional Admin

Savage Days

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2016, 09:45:47 pm »

So true man. Savage will always be that place in my memories.  Cry

https://twitter.com/SavageRebirth
Quote from: Helios
You mean an already 7 yr old game is going to die eventually?  G
Necrophiliac
XR Map Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2016, 10:42:44 pm »

The game is  not even dead yet you pussies! Leave the tears for when it's on the decline. I still need to pester the S2 developers on Skype so we can get XR on steam.
 Human Bow Human Bow Human Bow

-D3aTh-
Ehmmmm....
Newerth Donator

Hey

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2016, 10:59:32 pm »

Tjens, you are the men!
Big s/o to the community which gave/gives me tons of fun and enjoyment. <33
Captain Kenway

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 10:25:59 am »

Good read, love it!
And no, will not uninstall savage, ever Cheesy

Sail under the free Black Flag
Or die a slave you maggots

arrrr
HARRRRRRR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBMVZdE97l0&index=22&
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2016, 01:40:00 pm »

and with this newly found conciousness they rejoiced - reveled and started jumping, partying together and spreading love and fun, being kids and fully grown adults in this newly found world of peace.

Was it an all-male spreading of love?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: