Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 14, 2020, 05:58:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190005 Posts in 11003 Topics by 18519 Members
Latest Member: xcen27
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Newerth Hosted Competitions
| |-+  Other Competitions
| | |-+  PuG Cup
| | | |-+  Team Threads 2016 (Moderator: Telvek)
| | | | |-+  Team Ale
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Team Ale  (Read 4452 times)
Telvek

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2016, 09:12:38 pm »

Ale
_K_
luc

Shagroth
$lizeR
Enes
Sasori
Nonserviam
Soulphoenix
Od1um
Konigin der Nacht
Vectile
TRA [whisky]
KoKo
Grapist

Sajmon
coincoinmiaou
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 10:45:22 pm by Telvek » Logged

Ale

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 09:54:06 pm »

Dope lineup!
KoKo_xr

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 06:33:59 pm »

Afro
$lizeR

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 07:44:25 pm »

i like! Smiley
Ale

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 08:43:13 pm »

Ok guys we need:

A name
A clan (icon)
TeamSpeak (even if you dont have a mic)
and a way to communicate.

So lets get together oin facebook, WhatsApp, tinder? Whatever you prefer.

As a humble proposition I suggest the clan name #AleNation  Cheesy   Cool
Ale

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 11:54:04 am »

This is our forum:

http://alenation.forumieren.com/

Please register.
coincoinmiaou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 02:26:46 pm »

hope i can join this noob team #shag
Tzvi

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2016, 11:33:58 pm »

Hi,
So few things from this fiasco:
1) I still didn't get why Ale couldn't participate (computer broke)? so how did he connect for few minutes at least?
2) It seems petty not to play over uphill leap.. and Slizer not to play because Shagroth doesn't play.. and Enes/Vectile/SoulPhoenix doesn't play because they just never here..
3) If next week one of the three (Shag/Slizer/Ale) decide not to show i'm quitting the Pug since even with full line-up (minus Enes) we are one of the weakest teams and playing lvl2 tech vs lvl3 tech is just a pain.
4) We were about 8 players on field but only like 4 or 5 in team-speak.. so again.. we cannot play with only half team listening..
5) I'm sure no one in our team enjoyed that match, so maybe we should decide where this team is standing and remove ourselves from the cup if we see we cannot get a normal/functioning team together.

Regards,
TRA
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 12:03:50 am by Tzvi » Logged
Telvek

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2016, 12:03:33 am »

Hi,
So few things from this fiasco:
1) I still didn't get why Ale couldn't participate (computer broke)? so how did he connected for few minutes at least?
2) It seems petty not to play over uphill leap.. and Slizer not to play because Shagroth doesn't play.. and Enes doesn't play because he's just never here..
3) If next week one of the three (Shag/Slizer/Ale) decide not to show i'm quitting the Pug since even with full line-up (minus Enes) we are one of the weakest teams.
4) We were about 8 players on field but only like 4 or 5 in team-speak.. so again.. we cannot play with only half team listening..
5) I'm sure no one in our team enjoyed that match, so maybe we should decide where this team is standing and remove ourselves from the cup if we see we cannot get a normal/functioning team together.

Regards,
TRA

1) Ale messaged me in the morning and said that his PC crashed, so he cannot command us. Subsequently I wrote _K_ a mail if he could command (backup comm).

2) I explained Groentjuh the server settings a few weeks ago, I am also disappointed that uphille leap is still disabled. However I cannot understand why some players cancel the entire cup... Maybe messaging Enes would help.

3-5 ) I dont like such an attitude. You know how pug cups are, you know there are better and worse players, with more and less dedication. All these things may unfortunately happen, but In my opinion its simply weak and cowardly to give up after the very first match. If you dont like the situation change it, dont run away. This message is not only relevant to you, it is for everybody that wants to leave the competition. Of course you guys can leave right now, but I don't want to see you again signing up for a competition, such a behaviour is simply not trustworthy.

Just look at me, I didnt win a single match last pug cup...Come on guys^^

Tzvi

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2016, 12:29:10 am »

1) Ale messaged me in the morning and said that his PC crashed, so he cannot command us. Subsequently I wrote _K_ a mail if he could command (backup comm).

2) I explained Groentjuh the server settings a few weeks ago, I am also disappointed that uphille leap is still disabled. However I cannot understand why some players cancel the entire cup... Maybe messaging Enes would help.

3-5 ) I dont like such an attitude. You know how pug cups are, you know there are better and worse players, with more and less dedication. All these things may unfortunately happen, but In my opinion its simply weak and cowardly to give up after the very first match. If you dont like the situation change it, dont run away. This message is not only relevant to you, it is for everybody that wants to leave the competition. Of course you guys can leave right now, but I don't want to see you again signing up for a competition, such a behaviour is simply not trustworthy.

Few things I want to comment here:

1) OK, I wish Ale would write that in his forum so I would know what happened before "competition-time" but that's ok.
2) I don't know Enes/Vectile/SoulPheonix.. it seems those who can message them don't want to participate themselves due to that uphill thingy. And as we both are disappointed I find no pleasure in playing against strong teams with me and the remaining semi-pro players that are left.
3-5) I don't know how pug cups are. I know I asked Ale not to elect me in the first place to his team because I preferred any of the other comms much more.. and still I stayed. He missed the match and I had to play with an even less capable comm yet I stayed. but playing again without our pro players or without our semi-capable comm is too much for me. I know KoKo feels the same.
If you decide to disqualify me for that then I expect you disqualify Trig, Shag and Slizer from future cups as well.
And how about those players that sign-up but never show a sign? like Enes/Vectile/SoulPhoenix.. isn't that worth disqualification? I am not expecting everyone to come to every match but these guys are not even in pub.. they just signed up and left Savage for now so they skew the balance made by the pug/script.

I am not looking to win, I am looking for a fair chance.. and I cannot get it with all top 4 players not playing.
Also I cannot do anything to change it as Shag and Slizer don't work for me..
If main team players are not willing to give it a chance I see no reason why I should suffer another fiasco game like this.

regarding last match: I've been to some very "thin-chance" clan wars like EoN vs -KS- yet it was always under the boundary of a "competitive match" where both teams top rosters tried their best and the comm communicated his tactic before the match and during. While this.. It wasn't competitive.. I mean it wasn't close to what a pug should look like (dividing the pros between the teams rather than most of them stacked in 1-2 teams).
It was just a free win for ES's team which didn't even look for a fair match.. they just wanted the W whether we show up with 2 players or with Phoe in command.
It was just pathetic... one team (us) can barely communicate in English (with half team not in teamspeak), has no clear tactic, has no top-notch players, have no pro comm.
The other team is communicating well, came with almost full roster having the best comm in Savage..

For me.. no fun.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 12:43:30 am by Tzvi » Logged
Telvek

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2016, 01:44:06 am »

About inactive players: Either you message them on newerth or you ask active players with many contacts if they know thos inactive players ( I have contact to all three btw)

The main comms cannot simply select their players, the script created them. So it was just random you have been moved to Ales team. As I said it was just an unlucky case that Ale crashed, may happen. About the guys that do not show up on purpose,i already talked about that.

I didnt even disqualify known Trolls/Exploiters, don't worry very much has to happen that I disqualify somebody. Not showing up due to inactivity is one thing but its a huge difference to not showing up although you are online.

SOMA

If you can't convince them, confuse them!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2016, 07:16:31 am »

In my opinion its just a bad luck for ale team in first match and you guys dont have to be disappointed. I think if this case happen in mid of pug cup you could never complain about it.
Last pug cup I was in ale team and he didnt mess a single match.
Still too early to complain about team activity and ofc u still have chance to enjoy or to get good place.

Shagroth
no u
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2016, 07:22:50 am »

Only reason I joined this competition was because of some special rules which I liked, else I have no interest in playing.
I'll play when uphill leap is enabled if I am able.
And if matches are allowed to be played without following the server settings, why do you even have them there?

Game is just for fun now as the competitive scene is more or less gone and without uphill leap or similar settings to pub games(which is the settings we are used to) aren't used then its simply no fun to play.

Grapists

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2016, 08:46:45 am »

Telvek sucks Smiley
Tzvi

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2016, 10:08:50 am »

In my opinion its just a bad luck for ale team in first match and you guys dont have to be disappointed. I think if this case happen in mid of pug cup you could never complain about it.
Last pug cup I was in ale team and he didnt mess a single match.
Still too early to complain about team activity and ofc u still have chance to enjoy or to get good place.

You should really re-asses the definition of luck in your vocabulary.
Except Ale all the other players didn't show with no relation to luck and this is exactly why the team's future is dire.

I see 2 paths possible -
1) Telvek/Groenth will make sure server settings are changed with uphill leap and 20sec respawn.
Ale - contact Enes/SoulPhineox/Vectile to see if we can just replace them for coincoinmau/lololol/gs and/or other replacement players.

2) We can remove ourselves from Pug if match1 scenario will re-occur next week as well.

Regards,
TRA
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: