Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 26, 2020, 02:10:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189917 Posts in 10984 Topics by 18460 Members
Latest Member: Wrayman114
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Other S2G Games
| |-+  Savage Resurrection
| | |-+  General Discussion
| | | |-+  first impressions
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: first impressions  (Read 2262 times)
born_to_be_noobish
Smile clan superadmin
Newerth Donator

Found joy in getting owned

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2016, 06:58:43 am »

it's a mix of different and the same. The general gameplay feels the same, there are differences and they'll matter a lot to someone who's more skilled at it than me. Not that excited about the graphics, it feels darker and greyer and less obvious what i'm aiming at in the distance, but maybe that's just me having lost all of my aiming skill.

Teams of 12 is a bit weird, and the servers arent always full either so it's something like 6v6-10v10. I still have fond memories of the 32-32 matches.

There's less scouting. Your choices matter more because there's a lot less chance of a teammate doing what you're not doing. Incidently, this makes the competitive 7v7 that they mentioned an interesting format. I think we all agree that 32v32 isnt feasible for clans. I dont remember what the number of players were back when I did a clan battle that one time. 10 or less? I havent been active here for a quite a while so I dont know what formats you got going on here.

All in all, i have high hopes for it and I hope it takes off and that we redo the good old days.

twincannon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 08:22:07 pm »

Finally got a chance to play after a crunchy work week. Holy shit, I'm so impressed guys. When I saw this was a thing I got super excited and purchased it immediately (and I'm basically the stingiest gamer ever these days). Reading about how the development was a bit like HoN where it was "make savage 1 and then iterate" I got even more excited. Then when I actually played it... omg. Nostalgia goggles are in full effect lol

Feel like I've made a huge mistake not playing XR all these past years instead of other games Tongue

Anyway of course the game is in EA and has bugs, crashes etc. I'm not sure if there's some public bug tracking or anything, I've been working with UE4 for the past couple years and I'd gladly offer any QA services I can to the project if so. (also please, please Epic, get hot on mod tools so the community can actually make maps etc for your games... -_-)

Aside that just, wow. Great job S2!

I guess as far as first impressions go my only real nitpick so far is some of the building/environment prop collision is kind of bad when trying to shoot precision guns through gaps lol

Also I was a bit disheartened by the 12v12 thing as well, but in practice it seems totally fine
Seghi
Play4fun

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 12:12:24 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbVG01_S94U

Here you go! Smiley) Sounds good as well haha

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: