Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 17, 2021, 08:19:22 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190122 Posts in 11015 Topics by 18626 Members
Latest Member: RabbitWhite
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Savage 3 confirmed
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Savage 3 confirmed  (Read 108349 times)
APirateHat
XR Advertiser

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2015, 07:05:35 am »

Edit: Anyone have a link to a particularly exciting NSL match, preferably with Lucky commentating? The folks at S2 might be interested.

The one video I've thought was pretty good and have shared with Reddit a couple of times is this one.

This NDC 5 Grand Final video might be related to your post as well.

meankitty

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2015, 02:47:48 pm »

I've beaten some of the best S2 players in duels blind. (on stream  Cool

No offense to Savage2 gamers but I can spam rock paper scissor elsewhere.

Here's hoping!
You guys in savage xr are so out- dated
S2 melee is not  rock paper scissors since 2009

I don't get what's so sophisticated about S2's melee system. As a noob in savage 1 I got scores like 3-30. As a noob in Savage 2 however I got scores like 15-15 or even 20-10 (with just mainly spamming).

Any videos to show how Savage 2's melee in evolved since 2009? I think I played it in 2012 for about 10 matches.

http://www.twitch.tv/savage2meankitty2/v/18092933 look for my fights versus Added
martyrsdeath

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2015, 12:47:31 am »

God damn I miss Savage 2 Sad
happy
Oschore Breeder

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2015, 02:41:18 pm »

The leap/block-system is a must for me, too. It's true that it's much harder to learn than the Sav2 melee but once you've mastered it, you'll gain more reward.

I love Sav1 because of it's unique melee-system and it's asymmetric game play. To me, Sav2 looks like a mere human vs human game with better graphics, a third melee option and a very limited tech tree.

I suggest S2Games hires one or two of the xr-dev team as consultant. Each of them should have a solid understanding of the newerth community, possible gameplay changes, etc.

Let's add depth again and go back to entropy/strata/fire vs. mag/elec/chem!  Smiley
Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2015, 02:43:46 pm »

I suggest S2Games hires one or two of the xr-dev team as consultant. Each of them should have a solid understanding of the newerth community, possible gameplay changes, etc.

Fucking bullshit. If you go that way Savage 3 will fail even before it's released.

/no offense

Bullet
Python enthusiast
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2015, 03:00:57 pm »

Fucking bullshit.

Would you like to add anything constructive to your opinion... ?  Smiley

On topic- The commander seat is tricky to have in a game, there's no doubt that it can ruin many games but also make other games great and be very skillrewarding. Would a good solution to this be Stats-requirements to take commander seat?

In example; to be elected on server A you need to have atleast 15 commanded matches and minimum 5 wins.

This will ofc. have a chain effect, skilled  field players will try playing on servers with good commanders. This can in a way make a gap between "pro-servers" vs newbiefriendly servers.  Since savage is allready brutal to newbies, no matter if you play savage 1 or 2, this seems like a fair compromise which can keep the commanding in savage still fun.

Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2015, 03:11:19 pm »

Fucking bullshit.

Would you like to add anything constructive to your opinion... ?  Smiley

I just have a very bad opinion on many XR developers (especially the ones who aren't here anymore).
Only XR devs who did a good work so far imho:

- Daemon
- Hakugei
- Case
- DJ
- biggeruniverse
- Notausgang
- Senthryl
- Mefix
- SKOPE
- VaultDweller
- OzzO
- K'Jell (<-- fucking sexy beast btw)

Most of them are either inactive, have no idea how to properly play Savage (yes Mefix, you!) or lost interest in savage.
The whole idea of asking XR devs is: "Fcking bullshit" Smiley

happy
Oschore Breeder

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2015, 03:53:59 pm »

Most of them are either inactive, have no idea how to properly play Savage (yes Mefix, you!) or lost interest in savage.

Why is that? You were listing quite some devs who did a good job even in your opinion. Why not ask some of them? They should have experience. It wouldn't hurt I believe.
Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: October 03, 2015, 04:06:44 pm »

Why is that? You were listing quite some devs who did a good job even in your opinion. Why not ask some of them? They should have experience. It wouldn't hurt I believe.

Because all of the players listed are veterans, means playing for a long time and probably have a real life nowadays. And good luck reaching them.

Ale

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 03, 2015, 09:31:18 pm »

I think it has been pointed out alot before but let me do it one more time to emphasize its urgency:

1st Be careful with the melee system. I donīt know wether it was an accident or on purpose, but the melee system in savage 1 is perfect. I could do this forever. Trying to increase its complexity in savage 2 did not work well in my eyes and was one of the major reasons the savage 1 player base did not migrate to its successor. This does not mean that you should not change it or make a new one, but what ever you do, look at what you did in savage 1, try to find out why people are still playing this and BE CAREFUL with whatever you throw at us as the new melee system.

2nd Commanding is awesome in Savage 1. As a commander you have countless possibilities to play a map. You can rush, turtle, go for the long game or push from the very first second. There are many ways to decide a match as a commander and even after 12 years, new ways are still emerging. Please keep it that way (or make it even better)!
AdmiralXiggy

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2015, 02:01:36 am »

http://www.twitch.tv/savage2meankitty2/v/18092933?t=20m32s

watch video learn something
Ale

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2015, 12:24:47 pm »

What I don't like about savage 1, is the impact commander has on outcome of the game.
(..)
However, commanders inequality can pretty much define match outcome. While true for pubs too (bad comm can easily ruin a pub match), it is especially noticeable in competitive games - clanwars nowadays are pretty much "better commander wins", with rest of the team having a much weaker influence on the game, despite them being many and commander being just one guy.

Somehow it always seems a bit unbalanced for one guy out of 30 to have that big influence.

Sorry but I have to disagree with that:

1st of all, reducing the impact has on the game could make commanding less fun and reduce the amount of players willing to take over this job (which has been a pain in Savage 1 ever since).

Additionally I'm not sure what makes you think that field players have such little influence on the outcome of a match. A single Predator successfully saccing a shield (using sacrifice and going through the enemy base to destroy their shield tower) or a human successfully killing that Predator can change everything. A sneaker trying to secretly build a forward outpost can be just as game changing as the commander who told him to do so. I think there was even an example in the last NSL where you stopped a whole sacwave (group of sacrificing beasts) single-handedly. Did that not have any influence on the game?

I actually always loved Savage for  the impact single players can have on a match and it never came to me that commanders are overpowered. Ofcourse a team strongly depends on its commanders skill but a genius commander is nothing without a good team. I've seen teams making up for the mistakes their commander made and winning matches against all odds as well as commanders doing the same for their team.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 12:28:36 pm by Ale » Logged
APirateHat
XR Advertiser

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2015, 01:29:15 pm »

A lot of good points overall in this discussion and agree with a lot of it. Every piece of Savage has made the game what it is today and I really doubt a sequel could really get everything right because there are so many nuances that just aren't that noticable.

I actually always loved Savage for  the impact single players can have on a match...

This is what I love as well. Sometimes when I play I don't concentrate on killing but instead on building and getting redstone. One player that go and distance mine can really have an impact to be able to afford that one garr or sub that's needed for a final push.

Stringer
The guy who doesn't know anything
Newerth Council

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 04, 2015, 02:02:35 pm »

stopped a whole sacwave (group of sacrificing beasts) single-handedly. Did that not have any influence on the game?
For the sake of not flaming, I'll keep it short:
They were half-dead from previous fighting, I just finished them off.
New wave of nomads was already on it's way, so if I wasn't in that game at all, beasts would still die before reaching anything.
Scavs were forced to do an up-hill sac against dischargers in an open area where they could easily be shot from a distance.
If field teams were reversed, but commanders the same, result would be exactly same - beast do slow tech, fail openspace uphill sac and lose.
Outcome of that specific match was decided before it even started, when commanders decided on their tactics. Field players were just playing out assigned roles in the theatre.

Additionally I'm not sure what makes you think that field players have such little influence on the outcome of a match
Experience of playing one NSL without a commander, where team with, among others, Shag, Astronis and myself in it lost every match.
And then playing next two tournaments, demo cup and next NSL, winning one and finishing close to top of the ladder in second one with pretty much same team, all because we managed to recruit a decent comm.
Just 1 guy - and whole tournament changes for whole clan.

Be wise
Ale

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 04, 2015, 04:08:38 pm »

If the impact on the outcome of a match in Savage 1 was a thing, Iīd cut it in 3 pieces and give 1 third to the commander and the other two to the team. Yes indeed the commander influences the game more than a single field player but I think itīs fair the way it is considering the responsibility he takes.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: