Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 24, 2019, 09:36:59 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189665 Posts in 10986 Topics by 18250 Members
Latest Member: rugtabazf
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Mapping & Modding Forum
| | |-+  RMod
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: RMod  (Read 1664 times)
Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« on: September 19, 2015, 02:44:10 am »

Hi there,

I've been searching the complete forums for the RMod (or the remainings of it). Why is it nowhere to be found anymore?

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 09:38:39 am »

RMod is full of hacks. Speed hax, netcode hax, "melee fix" hax, insta-heal, insta-reloc and so on and so forth. Therefore the thread has been moved to admin area. But anyway, because of the hack detection that will crash your client as soon as you run XR, it doesn't work anymore. For years before removing it (about the time it stopped working) we asked whoever wanted the GUI changes to strip everything away but nobody bothered, not only because it doesn't look THAT good that it makes it worth the time to thoroughly clean up a very convoluted script, but things like loadout spawn map, minimal HUDs or horizontal HP/STAM bars are already in XR.

Stringer
The guy who doesn't know anything
Newerth Council

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 05:23:09 pm »

not only because it doesn't look THAT good
Some features, like spawn map, were implemented in a more useful, albeit less pretty way in RMod than in XR.

thoroughly clean up a very convoluted script
This, however, is a real problem. RMod code is a mess to say the least, I actuallly tried to clean up, but ended up just ripping media (images of HP bars, etc) and ideas and implementing whatever I liked anew by myself. It was easier than cleaning up RMod.

And before you ask, my mod is for my own use only. It lacks any GUI settings and is hardcoded to suit my playstyle.

Be wise
Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 12:53:53 am »

Thanks for the answer.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: