Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2021, 03:40:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190083 Posts in 11010 Topics by 18595 Members
Latest Member: Windwalker1218
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Newerth Hosted Competitions
| |-+  Newerth Savage League (NSL)
| | |-+  INFO: NSL6 Shoutcasting
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: INFO: NSL6 Shoutcasting  (Read 48350 times)
H3027
Newerth PR Manager
Legendary Member

View Profile WWW
« on: January 27, 2015, 12:09:09 am »

NSL6 Shoutcasting/Production Team

There are 4 different positions
(you can also sign up for more than one):

Shoutcaster, Co-Shoutcaster, Producer, Allrounder

Signing up as Shoutcaster, Co-Shoutcaster and Allrounder requires a voice sample (quality check).
Record and attach your voice file to a newerth forum post here and let us know in which positions you are interested.

NSL6 shoutcasting team

Shoutcasters: Lucky, Marchrisker, Haika, Aneurysm, -Lion-, EnglishSlug, The Leader
Co-Shoutcasters: Moxy, jazzking, Arjey, Haika
Producers: jazzking, Marchrisker
Allrounders: jazzking, Marchrisker, Tjens

Replay Server Admin: Groentjuh
Shoutcast Publisher: H3027

NSL6 Server Demos and Schedule

Once you're part of the NSL6 shoutcast team, read the instructions below and sign up for shoutcasting, co-shoutcasting or producing. If you're a shoutcaster that doesn't mind casting with a Co-Shoutcaster, set your match status to yellow, so Co-Shoutcaster can contact you. If you're looking for a Producer, set your match status to orange. After booking a match make sure to add a shoutcasting date or your booking will eventually expire.: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_lhe13qiUxQJWEvVmNYYxlNn6ciafsoFmWFxCMibgUU/edit#gid=0

Team members can find the Replay Server password here:
http://www.newerth.com/?id=donations

Open the console and type tryconnect 176.9.76.197:11441 to connect to the Demo Replay Server, then enter the server password to join.

NSL6 Shoutcasting Tutorials

There are basically 2 ways to create shoutcasts: the easiest and fastest way is when the guy that shoutcasts also records everything live as he does it (with a Co-Shoutcaster in Teamspeak). This would be the glorious Allrounder. Alternatively up to 3 different people can work on a shoutcast: a shoutcaster and a Co-Shoutcaster record voice files and send it then to a producer.

Allrounder

As an Allrounder you will do everything on your own: shoutcasting and producing. Being an Allrounder is more than twice as fast and also much easier as you neither need to record demos nor voice files, nor do an audio sync. You record the shoutcast and your voice live with FRAPS in one step and produce it with the NSL6 template.

Upload your finished shoutcasts to mega.co.nz or google drive and send the download link to H3027. Shoucasts without youtube description (info.txt available for download here.) won't be accepted.

Download the NSL6 Shoutcast Template for Sony Vegas Pro 10 (or newer) here.
Download the NSL6 Shoutcast Template for Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014 (or newer) here.
Download the info.txt (match info, players etc) here.

Tips on how to improve your shoutcasting camera work are available here (also read the youtube description).

If you want to replay and shoutcast the server demos on your own PC, watch this tutorial as well.
The NSL6 Replay Server is available here (Windows).

Shoutcaster

As a Shoutcaster you will join Groentjuh's replay server or download the server demo and replay it on your PC. You will move around the map, switch between players/comms perspectives and commentate that NSL6 match while recording your voice and Savage demo. You can shoutcast alone or with a Co-Shoutcaster. Once finished, send all files and match info to the producer. An example of the info.txt (match info, players etc) is available here.

Tips on how to improve your shoutcasting camera work are available here (also read the youtube description).

If you want to replay and shoutcast the server demos on your own PC, watch this tutorial as well.
The NSL6 Replay Server is available here (Windows).

Co-Shoutcaster

As a Co-Shoutcaster you will join Groentjuh's replay server and commentate a NSL6 match together with the Shoutcaster while recording your voice. Once finished, send your voice files to the producer (unless you work with an Allrounder, then you won't need to record/send anything yourself).

Producer

As a Producer you will receive voice files and Savage demos from the Shoutcaster/Co-Shoucaster, record a video, add match overlays, edit and export the video.

Upload your finished shoutcasts to mega.co.nz or google drive and send the download link to H3027. Shoucasts without youtube description (info.txt available for download here.) won't be accepted.

Download the NSL6 Shoutcast Template for Sony Vegas Pro 10 (or newer) here.
Download the NSL6 Shoutcast Template for Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014 (or newer) here.
Download the info.txt (match info, players etc) here.

Also check out the Allrounder Tutorial above to see how to produce Shoutcasts using the newest template.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 08:27:56 pm by H3027 » Logged

First Witch: When shall we three meet again / In thunder, lightning, or in rain?
Second Witch: When the hurlyburly's done, / When the battle's lost and won.
-LioN-
Newerth Shoutcaster
XR Mapper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 05:46:44 am »

Awesome thanks!

Moxy
Newerth Donator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 01:17:38 pm »

I'm up to being a co - caster, preferable with an all rounder but doesn't have to be.

-LioN-
Newerth Shoutcaster
XR Mapper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 01:26:09 pm »

I'll be doing it alone.

Moxy
Newerth Donator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 01:29:02 pm »

well we at least need to coordinate which ones we are doing cause if marchrisker allows me to co cast on Thursday then we need to know which ones you've done and you know which ones we've done.

jazzking
Melee enthusiast
Newerth Shoutcaster

Duels Duels Duels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 09:18:21 pm »

Made a quick spreadsheet so we can sign up and organize shoutcasters.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_lhe13qiUxQJWEvVmNYYxlNn6ciafsoFmWFxCMibgUU/edit#gid=0

-LioN-
Newerth Shoutcaster
XR Mapper

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 05:47:46 am »

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_lhe13qiUxQJWEvVmNYYxlNn6ciafsoFmWFxCMibgUU/edit#gid=0
That's good jazzking!
I never know when I will have time to do that so I can't book actual times, I'll have to do that when I get the chance.
One more thing, we haven't got the server password yet and for some reason Groent doesn't reply to PMs that I send him...

Haika
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 07:18:47 am »

That's good jazzking!
I never know when I will have time to do that so I can't book actual times, I'll have to do that when I get the chance.
One more thing, we haven't got the server password yet and for some reason Groent doesn't reply to PMs that I send him...

donate 1$and you have it Smiley
Moxy
Newerth Donator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 10:54:42 am »

Well done jazz!!!

-LioN-
Newerth Shoutcaster
XR Mapper

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 12:56:35 pm »

That's good jazzking!

donate 1$and you have it Smiley
I would since it's a tiny ammount.
I'm not old enough for a credit card. Not to mention that I'm doing a favor to savage more than getting a privlege.

Moxy
Newerth Donator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2015, 01:36:32 pm »

Not to mention that I'm doing a favor to savage more than getting a privlege.

Kinda the reason why I haven't donated yet to get the pwd.

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2015, 03:12:27 pm »

You are donator, Moxy. You must have donated at some point.

Moxy
Newerth Donator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2015, 03:26:31 pm »

well yeah I did but it seems not to recognize it cause there's no pwd for the replay server

-LioN-
Newerth Shoutcaster
XR Mapper

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2015, 03:53:46 pm »

Do we even know who is responsible of the password?
Is it Groentjuh? If so then it's fucked because for some reason he never answers my PMs.

Zyxoma
Newerth Shoutcaster

Orange EyE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2015, 04:37:50 pm »

I'm up to being a co - caster, preferable with an all rounder but doesn't have to be.

we can do it sometime, but first i would like to do it myself just to get the hang of it again Tongue

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: