Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 19, 2021, 05:41:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190061 Posts in 11009 Topics by 18568 Members
Latest Member: Aeron67
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  General Savage XR Discussion
| | |-+  IGNORE or UNIGNORE Phoe
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGNORE or UNIGNORE Phoe  (Read 6409 times)
phoenix-3000

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2015, 03:12:41 pm »

Hello,
I actually think, my calls for group actions (teamwork for SHIELD, GATE, ATTACK) can be boring after a while. It is for, in the game when I play,  I search to speak only to the beginners (I regret we cannot have a specific chat command for that as ChatBeginners).
we can still be understood that actions grouped under the orders of a commander or an officer, Knuppel, are the foundation of the virtual battle for such a simplified game as SAVAGE.

It drastically increases interest in the game.

We can only regret that not enough players know how to use all of the interesting possibilities of SAVAGE, and prefer play lonely.

I never prevent veteran players using IGNORE  permanently (in autoexec.bat or in  custom.cfg or see under in the Hakugei post for a better solution). If of course, he wants to give up all hope of his team winning  by remaining deaf to my pleas for help for GATES and SHIELD, or contre_attacks against Massive attack or Rushs.

But that's a matter of conscience.

REMARK : I think I work for Savage and not against Savage. All the players who are not glad must learn How to use the family IGNORE command.

In game, I NEVER CHANGED MY NAME to give a such opportunity to the players

« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 11:56:02 am by phoenix-3000 » Logged

The spirit of the law is more important than the letter of the law.
L'esprit de la loi, est plus important que la lettre de la loi
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 03:57:05 pm »

put IGNORE in autoexec.bat(until the next dowload) or worse in custom.cfg(definitively).
Don't mess up those files like this. Huh Please use the in-game commands to handle ignoring instead.

Temporary:
/ignore name
/ignorenum clientindex

Permanent:
/g_ignore name
/g_ignore_guid guid

Check:
/ignorelist
/g_ignorelist
/g_ignorelistfull

Phoe, there are actual reasons why people do not like your spam. Please accept this as positive criticism to improve your demeanor so that no one has to ignore you in the future.
  • Your color coding is all wrong. There is no sensible system behind it, and at times your choices even clash with one another. Your colors hurt the eyes and mind.
  • Your texts are too long. Simplify what you have to say, especially in the heat of the battle. No one wants to sit around reading extended explanations that could be shortened into concise and clear orders/suggestions when they could be playing instead.
  • Your English is a real pain. Your grammar, sentence structure, and general use of certain vocabulary is horrible at times.
  • At times, I have the feeling that the things you say don't even remotely reflect on what really happened in the game. Sometimes I doubt you even participated in it in the first place, considering what you're saying.
  • Keep your statements as optional. You say it's mainly for newer players, but the way you present it makes it feel as if you're forcing it upon everyone.

To sum up: Use your colors more sensibly. Shorten your texts. Improve your English. Get better at Savage.

I like that you try to help, but unfortunately you're having the opposite effect right now.
So work on the above points to ensure you actually do help.
I hope this helps you personally, Phoe.
(I would appreciate if someone could translate it to Phoe in French... Sad)
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 04:23:56 pm »

I think Phoe's English has already improved a lot and i do not agree with Clemens' statement that Phoe's English sounds horrible!

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 04:27:13 pm »

True enough, it could be worse.
And I agree with your point, I do recall it used to be worse. Grin
So just continue improving.
Simplifying your texts or picking simpler vocabulary will help solve that problem as well.
Zorn
XR Mapper

And who are YOU?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 04:49:10 pm »

The community of Savage is international. That is great. And there is no rule that players must speak perfect english. So we can't expect, that every1 is writing english with the correct vocabulary. Eg.: Myself. I've learned english in school. But that was long time ago and I didn't use to speak or write english.

It's just kinda sad to say things like

Your English is a real pain. Your grammar, sentence structure, and general use of certain vocabulary is horrible at times.

I know what you want to say Hakugei, but hey... we all try to speak to each other - and that is what counts. There are just worse things that happen in savage, then people who don't speak english in an absolute correct manner. Isn't it?

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says: 'I'm possible'!"
Audrey Hepburn

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 05:35:50 pm »

Many players do not have good English and many players could certainly improve their English, but they are all within acceptable levels. Even Phoe is within acceptable levels for normal situations.

However, Phoe actively desires to communicate in significant amounts and spams the chat with a lot of text (=not normal situations), and thus does have be adequate if he wishes not to annoy people. Nothing sad about it; just the truth.
The more you wish to talk, the better you should be at it.

we all try to speak to each other - and that is what counts. There are just worse things that happen in savage, then people who don't speak english in an absolute correct manner. Isn't it?
As I said, I like the fact that he's trying to work on teamplay and help, hence I gave him this critique that he may see to improving himself to increase his success rate. This shows that I care and am willing to help him. Alternatively, I could instead sugar-coat my way around him and add him to the ignore list, don't you think? A lot easier.

I believe he certainly knows that people do not like his spam, as indicated by this thread he started that revolves around himself, his motives, and the option to add him to the ignore list. I am not under the impression that he started this thread to complain about his haters, but rather to reach out to others. Hence, my extended hand reaching back towards him in return. Do you think differently?
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2015, 06:06:20 pm »

FYI, too much pretentious English hurts the brain as well Smiley.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 06:31:33 pm by Daemon » Logged

jazzking
Melee enthusiast
Newerth Shoutcaster

Duels Duels Duels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2015, 06:21:26 pm »

Personally I like reading all the kinds of english people write. Different mistakes arise because of the writer's primary language, and I guess it's funny sometimes. Tinki wrote this on the WW forum:
stop to lie, in what way should I bet fast=
and quite slow because of inactivity
Many languages would use the infinitive "to lie" but you're supposed to use the present participle "lying". "In what way" is probably a literal translation from German.

At any rate, I think Phoe needs to be taken less seriously. He has a sense of humour underneath all those colours.

Angelique
Savage Girl

Fierce, violent, and uncontrolled..

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2015, 08:51:57 pm »

Soyez qui vous etes. Ne changez jamais pour personne.  Sensor

phoenix-3000

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2015, 07:57:15 am »

deleted see under
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 08:34:34 am by phoenix-3000 » Logged

phoenix-3000

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2015, 08:28:22 am »

Hello Savage community
(google translation)

I am obliged and it is with pleasure, consider what is said on this Forum. This is quite in the spirit of "team behavior" I am trying with great difficulty, awkwardly imposed in this forum and in the game at all those who like more or less, come together to spend good times "under controlled adrenaline."

Hakugei I am grateful to him, gave me a number of "corrective" tracks to follow:
Some are too difficult to follow others, are all at my fingertips made,.
1) Today, thanks to my own software, I proceeded to the single-colorization most of my texts "immersive" (near 3500).
2) Tomorrow I would proceed to a selection of texts immersive "hot"
- Or to eliminate them, even if somewhere delete "battle noises" hurts.
- Either to shorten.

If I may say so, I will suggest that Hakugei think about a solution for some commands Emergency "pass" even to those who use IGNORE. After the rush, shoot the "Shield" is the easiest way to defeat humans, unfortunately many players either because they ignore me (or they do not have the team spirit) do not listen (and I know why!)
Yet humans have rarely survived Gate offside and have never survived the loss of Shields. A good scout work is the right solution, but it is still necessary that there be ears to listen

Bonjour à la communauté Savage.

Je suis obligé et c'est avec plaisir, de tenir compte de ce qui se dit sur ce Forum. C'est tout à fait dans l'esprit "d'équipe"  que je tente avec de grandes difficultés, d'imposer maladroitement dans ce forum et dans le jeu, à tout ceux qui aiment peu ou prou, se retrouver ensemble pour passer de bons moments "sous adrénaline contrôlé".

Hakugei, je lui en suis gré,  m'a donné un certain nombre de pistes "correctrices" à suivre :
Certaines sont trop difficiles à suivre d'autres, sont tout-à-fait à ma portée,.
1) Aujourd'hui, grâce à un logiciel de mon cru, j'ai procédé à la mono-colorisation de la plupart de mes textes "immersifs" (prés de 3500).
2) Demain je procéderais à une sélection des textes immersifs "chauds",  
- soit pour les éliminer, même si quelque-part supprimer les "bruits de bataille" me fait mal.
- soit pour les raccourcir.

Si je peux me le permettre, je suggérerai bien que Hakugei  réfléchisse à une solution, pour que certaines commandes d'Urgence "passent" même à ceux qui m'ignorent. Après le rush, abattre le "Shield" est la solution la plus facile pour vaincre les humains, malheureusement beaucoup de joueurs soit parce qu'ils m'ignorent (soit ils n'ont pas l'esprit d'équipe) n'écoutent pas, (et je sais pourquoi !)
Pourtant les humains ont rarement survécu à un Gate "hors-jeu" et n'ont jamais survécu à la perte des Shields. Un bon travail de scout est la bonne solution, mais encore faut-il qu'il y ait des oreilles à l'écoute

« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 12:02:20 pm by phoenix-3000 » Logged

Haika
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2015, 09:57:41 am »

Phoe

i never ignored you and i appreciate your mumbles and thank you for all tha laughs you have given me.
thing to mention is that few players play savage as a competitive game and is more casual to it.
What about joining a clan in the nsl? you have never been in any nsl and most likley this is gonna be the last one(or most likley not as they keep comming Azn) and finally all these accurate observations and your dedication can finally be recieved by players in a competitive scene Smiley

keep it up Phoe, not all r haters  Afro
Zorn
XR Mapper

And who are YOU?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2015, 12:18:59 pm »

Many players do not have good English and many players could certainly improve their English, but they are all within acceptable levels. Even Phoe is within acceptable levels for normal situations.

However, Phoe actively desires to communicate in significant amounts and spams the chat with a lot of text (=not normal situations), and thus does have be adequate if he wishes not to annoy people. Nothing sad about it; just the truth.
The more you wish to talk, the better you should be at it.

we all try to speak to each other - and that is what counts. There are just worse things that happen in savage, then people who don't speak english in an absolute correct manner. Isn't it?
As I said, I like the fact that he's trying to work on teamplay and help, hence I gave him this critique that he may see to improving himself to increase his success rate. This shows that I care and am willing to help him. Alternatively, I could instead sugar-coat my way around him and add him to the ignore list, don't you think? A lot easier.

I believe he certainly knows that people do not like his spam, as indicated by this thread he started that revolves around himself, his motives, and the option to add him to the ignore list. I am not under the impression that he started this thread to complain about his haters, but rather to reach out to others. Hence, my extended hand reaching back towards him in return. Do you think differently?

Afro

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says: 'I'm possible'!"
Audrey Hepburn

Angelique
Savage Girl

Fierce, violent, and uncontrolled..

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2015, 12:51:56 pm »

Phoe  Sensor

Exprimez vos messages avec des couleurs qui se connectent avec le contexte de ce message .

Search google for one as this that suits you and your cause, oui?

jazzking
Melee enthusiast
Newerth Shoutcaster

Duels Duels Duels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2015, 07:36:17 pm »

Phoe,
Avant d'en supprimer une grande partie, peux-tu mettre en ligne les 3500 messages pour la postérité?

Phoe,
Before deleting many of your messages, can you put online the 3500 messages for posterity?

Hakugei,
Is there any way to disable colors in the chat box? This might enable players to be less distracted by Phoe's literature without entirely ignoring him.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: