Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 26, 2020, 12:43:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189917 Posts in 10984 Topics by 18460 Members
Latest Member: Wrayman114
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Savage XR Videos
| | |-+  Beheflying in XR 1.1
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beheflying in XR 1.1  (Read 3270 times)
Nanaa
Newerth Donator

View Profile WWW
« on: November 15, 2014, 05:47:35 pm »

Blade made an interesting finding and I tested it out aswell. Daemon's balancing change is actually genious!

« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 06:00:13 pm by Nanaa » Logged
jazzking
Melee enthusiast
Newerth Shoutcaster

Duels Duels Duels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 09:09:37 am »

Nice find!  Cheesy
That speed almost looks like spectating!

Nanaa
Newerth Donator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 11:41:52 am »

That speed almost looks like spectating!

Yeah.

But tbh I think this is a bit overpowered. We should either rollback or do further changes.
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 12:38:48 pm »

It'a a bit OP therefore nobody's using it. Just like with offensive behe demo'ing.

How many savs would even make it all the way to a behe, in shipshape condition, and get a proper behe fly on top of the healing spire or w/e, to call it OP...

Stringer
The guy who doesn't know anything
Newerth Council

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 12:56:37 pm »

But tbh I think this is a bit overpowered. We should either rollback or do further changes.

Actually it offers an additional tactical choice: you can take sav instead of lego hoping for a good behejump.

Effectively, you're trading some of your combat effectiveness (melee damage, melee range and health) in order to gain in another area - a chance to circumvent a defending behe.

Choices like that are good for gameplay.

OP is when something gives you a big advantage without providing an equally big drawback.
In this case, the drawback is adequate.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 01:00:05 pm by Stringer » Logged

Be wise
Nanaa
Newerth Donator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 01:06:34 pm »

Actually it offers an additional tactical choice: you can take sav instead of lego hoping for a good behejump.

Effectively, you're trading some of your combat effectiveness (melee damage, melee range and health) in order to gain in another area - a chance to circumvent a defending behe.

Choices like that are good for gameplay.

OP is when something gives you a big advantage without providing an equally big drawback.
In this case, the drawback is adequate.

I totally agree.

However my concern is that if someone wants to exploit, it's easier than ever before. Although good opportunities can be rare.
Ophelia
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 01:55:19 pm »

Blade needs to learn how to die more on an empty server.  Wink

Great find. I like the fact behe trains are a lot less unstoppable with demos now. Was that Blade ontop of the tree at the end? Was that Grapes flag? Lolol. Very cool!  Afro

Now all we need is a elf princess unit. ;x
Nanaa
Newerth Donator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2014, 02:14:52 pm »

Great find. I like the fact behe trains are a lot less unstoppable with demos now. Was that Blade ontop of the tree at the end? Was that Grapes flag? Lolol. Very cool!  Afro

Nah. 1st clip is from him. 2nd and 3rd clips are my tests on a private server. I secretly infiltrated Grape's clan Smiley
Ophelia
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2014, 11:07:05 pm »

Great find. I like the fact behe trains are a lot less unstoppable with demos now. Was that Blade ontop of the tree at the end? Was that Grapes flag? Lolol. Very cool!  Afro

Nah. 1st clip is from him. 2nd and 3rd clips are my tests on a private server. I secretly infiltrated Grape's clan Smiley

Lolol! Nothing like power mining and looking at a pic of Grape and Nibbles. The fact you snuck into it would prob. make grape proud and deem you worthy to have it anyways. Lol  Evil
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: