After more than 7 years of unchanged Savage gameplay on the brink of turning dull, XR 1.1 was the patch that added those changes
that were suggested and debated by the community, reviewed, tweaked and ultimately accepted or rejected by a group of 5 Newerth admins.
Along with those changes, as expected by everybody with at least a vestige of intelligence left, comes the need to tweak, after mass testing. There's also the occasional 'it-wasn't-implemented-properly' situation, so yeah... These are the changes that made it to Standard gameplay. List will be kept up to date.
* Healing tech research costs and duration decreased: buildings, units, abilities, items cost and build time down by 50%.
* Monastery/Sanctuary can be built first, they now do not require Arsenal/Nexus in order to be unlocked.
* Rupture improved: 50% increase in ammo, damage rounded to 90 (compared to tempest's 170), +10% larger splash damage area, 10% bonus damage to all enemies in the area it hits, for each enemy it touches and up to 3 enemies per shot (1=100%, 2=120%, 3=130%).
* Mana Crystal, while still slowly recharging mana when carried, became a consumable. It can be thrown like disruptors, it breaks on impact and produces 3 pickable mana crystal goodies (45 mana refill).
* Sensors are now stackable, max 2 in a single slot. Total team sensors changed from 15 to 16.
* Players carrying Ammo Pack now refill ammo over the 50% limit when picking up ammo boxes.
* Sprinting costs 20% less stamina, for all the foot units of both races.
* Sixth Sense now highlights low HP enemies close by, that are less than 1 melee hit away from death, in addition to revealing enemies just like before.
* Shamans have a 2nd melee combo hit, making them a little more combat worthy.
* Chaplains' potions now increase the mana regeneration rate for friendly units (other chaps).
* Two new buildings have been added (Outpost and Burrow) that act as one-way doors or field resupply stations.
* Chaplains and Shamans get the 5th slot open for the aquisition of normal items (not weapons).
* 2 new types of goodie drops from killed units: 10% HP for humans, and 20% Stamina for beasts.
* Sacrifice is removed upon entering a spawnpoint. Can't change unit and spawn with sac still on anymore.
* Behemoth hitting a democharge now causes it to explode instantly.
* Behemoth's ability to capture flags has been removed, aligning them with the other siege units.
* Level 7+ legionnaires can now block a behemoth and be left with ~20% HP.
* Blocking a behemoth and surviving has a downside: the lego's speed is reduced by 20% for 3 seconds.
* Nomad's invulnerability after ejecting from a siege unit is removed.
* Ejecting from a siege unit (cata/balli) drops gold for the other team (or the last attacker).
* The gold income siege units receive for hitting buildings has been doubled.
* Siege units killing foot soldiers does not produce goodiebag drops any longer.
* Ballista has been given Sprint, with 50% of the stamina of a non-siege unit.
* Workers' behavior has been changed so that they ignore attacks if they have a valid order active.
In the following post i will begin with the issues that i've noticed or have been reported or suggested to me since the release of XR 1.1. This is the correct thread everyone can continue reporting such issues or suggest further changes and tweaks.
But before posting anything, pause and think about these aspects:1. REPLYING TO ANYTHING IS FORBIDDEN.
This thread is strictly used as a suggestions collector. The coherent ones will be posted as independent topics where discussions can and will occur.2. EVERYTHING MUST BE PUT INTO CONTEXT.
We're trying to re-balance the re-balancing, so make sure your suggestions take into account the full picture, especially after the new changes.3. THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOUR INDIVIDUAL STYLES.
If i even smell you're posting something so that if implemented, will help you frag more, i will delete it and you can call "bloody murder!" for all i care.4. NOT EVERY SUGGESTION WILL MAKE IT.
This time there's no set template but make sure you explain your reasons and suggestion properly if you want it to become a topic.5. BUFFING AN ITEM/UNIT MEANS BUFFING A TEAM.
Changing anything for the sake of "making it more usable" will also impact how its team will perform overall. So use small steps, tiny increments, and COMPENSATIONS.
These are the conditions. Posting here implies you agreed with them.