Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 07, 2019, 09:13:46 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189884 Posts in 10983 Topics by 18424 Members
Latest Member: ehohdfhdoo
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Re-balancing Suggestions
| | |-+  Heavy Transport and Conflux
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Heavy Transport and Conflux  (Read 1479 times)
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« on: April 04, 2017, 07:37:10 am »

The re-balancing suggestion: show health on heavy transport and conflux (like siege units and buildings)
1. The precise change you wanna see done, including exact values and item/unit names etc.
When mouseover heavy transport or conflux, they show reamining health for enemies, and friendlies.

2. What triggered it (what is the CAUSE that made you think of something to eliminate that cause)
I shot multiple summ shots at a heavy transport, but had no idea how close i was to killing it or not. What struck me was that for me, as an enemy player - the heavy transport is not a unit, but a building (just moving). The overall aspects of the transport got more in commong with a garr/sub than with a regular unit.

3. The predicted overall effect of your change (its PURPOSE).
Making it harder to protect the heavy transports and confluxes,

The impact on the game:
4. What will become harder (or easier) to do, and for whom (units, teams etc).
Hard to say, its been out for a few hours.. I guess, if multiple confluxes or heavy transports move together, it can be hard to know for the enemy to find out which one is most damamged, and which one isnt.

5. Will it make the game harder or easier for newbies (vs. veterans), and why.
No thoughts on this.

The ripple effect
6. Subsequent changes needed to tone down (compensate for) the effects of this change.
None.
7. Other changes, which the current suggestion would benefit from or depends on (so it can work properly).
- None that comes to my mind atm.

Raise the price of transporter to 200 stone, limit it to 2 instead of 3.

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 07:41:29 am »

@Necro: I am not saying they don't need to be tweaked/fixed/balanced, but it's been half a day since their introduction and people are always spamming new things in the beginning. We should give it a little while, and see how they really do. If we encounter situations where the game would have been changed for the better by the simple thing that the stone cost is 200 instead of 100, then why not change it.

@Bullet: Sounds reasonable. Right now, only siege units' health bars can be made visible but if your idea gains momentum, i'm sure it can be adjusted.

They're not buildings, though Smiley.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: