Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 28, 2020, 05:26:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190053 Posts in 11007 Topics by 18542 Members
Latest Member: bennevisderking
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Server Forum
| | |-+  Lazy Ref.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lazy Ref.  (Read 5879 times)
Ophelia
« on: July 10, 2014, 02:20:50 pm »

He lost it once - and really has no business having it again.

Myself, GR, Element, Lanky, Bigger and Evilsizer were having fun with him. (Teasing him)
- but he muted us - and eventually kicked Element for doing NOTHING different then ANY OF us did.
(Mind you he didn't kick anyone but him, but we were ALL to blame if that was the case)

He threatened Lanky (another ref) - then actually did kick Element.

His defense he says "I didn't break any rules"

Well - quite frankly neither did ANY Of us, because anything I (and everyone else did) to Lazy, I in fact did to Slash (and I also do it to Bree, Aidz, DS, etc..) earlier yesterday in good fun. (Mute vote on ref, knowing they can stop/unmute)

With this formal complaint I would also like to request that ANY further players who are granted 'ref' status actually be old enough to comprehend the mindset of the grown-ups. 
This kid (Lazy) really has no business being up so late past his bedtime with the power to completely fuck the server up. Which in this case, he did.

Slash if you need more proof, check logs - was last game of the evening.
Gridfon
Righteous Scarecrow
Newerth Council

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 03:45:36 pm »

Myself, GR, Element, Lanky, Bigger and Evilsizer were having fun with him. (Teasing him)
anything I (and everyone else did) to Lazy, I in fact did to Slash (and I also do it to Bree, Aidz, DS, etc..) earlier yesterday in good fun. (Mute vote on ref, knowing they can stop/unmute)
I would also like to request that ANY further players who are granted 'ref' status actually be old enough to comprehend the mindset of the grown-ups. 

I never understood why spamming mute votes is considered to be fun. What's even more tricky is why six (perhaps, self-proclaimed) grown-ups have to get together and do that to annoy a single (presumably) kid. Especially if one of you is a ref, and another thinks that he's too mature to be a ref.

Not that I know, but I would assume that the correct behavior from a ref in this situation is to warn -> mute -> kick (if reconnected) anyone who is too obsessed with trolling. I see that he did the second step (mute) and "eventually" also the third step (kick). Nothing else is clear.
Ophelia
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 03:53:04 pm »

To clarify - we had Lanky (Not Lazy) being active ref for HOURS Prior to Lazy showing up.

The second he showed up he started throwing his weight around - telling us not to cuss, posing threats to kick us if we didn't comply. Saying sny remarks after mute like 'would you rather kick?'

Needless to say - we fed him far more then he signed up for - as we basically mocked his attitude.

Unlike GG server - the USA side of the community is painfully tiny. HAS BEEN for YEARS..
 We all know each other very well -including ALL the refs. The mute votes - are to entertain
the /ref actions to stop - perhaps mute back - as it's just all in good fun. Never anything meant
to harm or even force displeasing. I personally do it constantly to refs and ONLY refs as I KNOW
they can unmute themselves / or stop vote.

The fact is - he has already lost Ref once due to his own actions - and even though there was a point
we short of told him to chill and stop - he refused to lighten up and continued to throw his Ref. weight
around until we complied  - which obv. never happened cause we all left after Lazy kicked eLe.

EDIT:  For the record - the MUTE That Lazy Accepted I put up BEFORE he kicked eLement / Which if you check the logs (Slash) you can see there was nearly half a dozen mute votes put on him to just shut him up. None of those stuck either.
+ LANKY - even warned him many times as this was all going on - and as you can see Lazy told Lanky he would kick him if he could. (In screenshot)

« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 03:57:26 pm by Angelique » Logged
eLeMenT
Former Staff Member

Hummmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 08:22:21 pm »

I never understood why spamming mute votes is considered to be fun. What's even more tricky is why six (perhaps, self-proclaimed) grown-ups have to get together and do that to annoy a single (presumably) kid. Especially if one of you is a ref, and another thinks that he's too mature to be a ref.

Not that I know, but I would assume that the correct behavior from a ref in this situation is to warn -> mute -> kick (if reconnected) anyone who is too obsessed with trolling. I see that he did the second step (mute) and "eventually" also the third step (kick). Nothing else is clear.

Gridfon, what you need to understand here is that the US server is a much more tightly knit community than the EU one. Everyone knows everyone, and it's a place where we can all get away from the formalities of life. In other words, this is where we can all put on our immature hats and mess about. To put this into perspective, this is why stand-up comedy is funny as it can get so downright outrageous.

Lazy is 16 years old, but he isn't the typical 16 year old kid. He's a good kid. However, he's a bit too much of a good kid and takes everything literally, which ruins our fun. The ability to distinguish sarcasm from reality and trolling for a good laugh versus trolling in spite is not found inside him. I actually compare him to Ned Flanders.

If you want a serious, mature argument, we can all deliver. If you want us to all be mature, we can be and all are (take your 'self-proclaimed' assessment of our maturity elsewhere). Thankfully though, this is not the spirit of the US server, we're all good friends and all like to mess about.

Being a ref shouldn't be the equivalent of bringing martial law to the server. We need moderators that step in when there REALLY is an issue. Such issue may be (but not limited to) camping behe, bailing, racial/derogatory terms, constant spamming.

This particular job I, and others, don't see fit for Lazy.

Edit: I didn't read Angelique's last post but it's funny she said the same thing.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 08:26:49 pm by eLeMenT » Logged

Ophelia
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 08:45:48 pm »

LazyFly

"Rebuild quick!" "But its so much effort..."

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 11:41:22 pm »

First of all, this wasnt you telling me to lighten up, you all called votes to mute and kick consistenatly for over 10 minutes. i was content to just mute the trouble makers, but Lanky insited on making it dificult for me and was unmuting the players as i muted them.
even when i stopped bieng so up tight, you all insited on kicking me. and Lanky was making it impossible for me to do "nothing".
If you read the rules, it clearly states -players should not call a vote to kick without reason, if they do so without legitiment reason they should be kicked by ref, or something similar.
i have never gone as far as to kick for someone calling a vote to kick me before. i simply mute, but after OVER A DOZEN kick votes and Lanky unmuting just as many times, i had had enough and booted eLeLment out of the server, following the rules outlined for kickvote without legit reason.

If you trolls have a problem with me, dont bitch on servers and call votes on me, ive done nothing wrong by the rules. i will however talk about it, but ive had enough of the bitching.

trolling isnt fun for everyone.

jazzking
Melee enthusiast
Newerth Shoutcaster

Duels Duels Duels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 04:11:33 am »

I have to agree with Gridfon. I find the claim that other refs were treated just like Lazy pretty dubious. It's also pretty ridiculous that a ref was reverting another ref's actions, they should have come to agreement in pm first IMO.

It seems like refs are given way too much discretion on US. This results in even more variant reffing than EU. Also, EU seems to rightly abide by the principle that a ref only takes action against rule breaking (must be able to cite rule for mute/kick/slay). A ref can't do whatever they want so long as they don't break a rule. In other words the rules should afford the refs a specific set of actions for a specific set of circumstances, not limit them from the set of all possible actions. The latter is ripe for abuse and reduces consistency.

biggeruniverse
Disrespectful Newerth Coder and Occasional Admin

Savage Days

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 08:47:26 am »

If you trolls have a problem with me, dont bitch on servers and call votes on me, ive done nothing wrong by the rules. i will however talk about it, but ive had enough of the bitching.

trolling isnt fun for everyone.

https://twitter.com/SavageRebirth
Quote from: Helios
You mean an already 7 yr old game is going to die eventually?  G
Ophelia
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 02:28:53 pm »

I have to agree with Gridfon. I find the claim that other refs were treated just like Lazy pretty dubious. It's also pretty ridiculous that a ref was reverting another ref's actions, they should have come to agreement in pm first IMO.

It seems like refs are given way too much discretion on US. This results in even more variant reffing than EU. Also, EU seems to rightly abide by the principle that a ref only takes action against rule breaking (must be able to cite rule for mute/kick/slay). A ref can't do whatever they want so long as they don't break a rule. In other words the rules should afford the refs a specific set of actions for a specific set of circumstances, not limit them from the set of all possible actions. The latter is ripe for abuse and reduces consistency.

If your implying that I single Lazy out all on my own and ran him down a lot harder then I am displaying here is pretty ridiculous since I am the one who POSTED this, AND admitted to my actions AS WELL AS the ACTIONS of MY PEERS at the time.  
Nearly every DAY I call vote mutes on USA Refs. It is NOT out of anger OR drama.
It's 'my way' of displaying a gesture to them that we ALL know they are the ONLY ones who can stop it. (A mute by stopvote or unmute)  I do NOT usually do that to general players at all - (as they can not unmute themselves)

If you don't believe me, ask them yourself. (Yes Slash, the admin as well) Cause if your going to have the nerve to say what YOU find it hard to believe, then make the very least attempt in verifying my statement to be true.

And for the record, Slash saw the logs on the server, and Lazy has indeed lost ref.

Edit: Lazy - and so you know, Not only is Trolling not for everyone, neither is Ref.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 02:32:14 pm by Angelique » Logged
jazzking
Melee enthusiast
Newerth Shoutcaster

Duels Duels Duels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 03:26:50 pm »

Ang even if you treat all refs like you treat Lazy, your original statement (edited out?) suggested that everyone, not just you, was treating Lazy just the same. Well I've seen what people say with and without Lazy online and I just don't believe that.

With this formal complaint I would also like to request that ANY further players who are granted 'ref' status actually be old enough to comprehend the mindset of the grown-ups. 
This kid (Lazy) really has no business being up so late past his bedtime with the power to completely fuck the server up. Which in this case, he did. 
Secondly, the very complaint you claim defends you is very condescending to the 16yo (his bedtime doesn't correspond because of timezones anyway by the way). Next time maybe you can show us this grown-up mindset of yours by making a mature ref compaint which doesn't insult someone's intelligence.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 03:29:20 pm by jazzking » Logged

Ophelia
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2014, 05:32:32 pm »

Secondly, the very complaint you claim defends you is very condescending to the 16yo (his bedtime doesn't correspond because of timezones anyway by the way). Next time maybe you can show us this grown-up mindset of yours by making a mature ref compaint which doesn't insult someone's intelligence.

I do NOT claim it defends me (Really? LOL Are you just LOOKING for shit to say now?) - I stated HOW it was, good or bad. I even lead with what *I* did personally as well.  

As for 'showing' YOU (Or 'us' as you so amusingly put it) - isn't what I was intending to do.  
I took it upon myself to file the complaint about the ref. as needed via-leet server. As I was only one who obtained a screenshot in regards to this.
I almost find it comical how you personally take things to a degree much as Lazy would.
You were not on the server at the time (If at ever really) - You are not a USA Ref. You aren't even a USA Player.
So I can understand your lack of knowledge in how things are done there. And I forgive your ignorance.

He lost his ref - I didn't LIE or compile some vast story to make that happen.  It was HIS actions.
I displayed the situation, (in his favor as well as mine, as AGAIN I posted what myself and other players did prior to anything happening) and the admins of the server made the call by stripping his ref away, AGAIN. (Yeah this isn't the first time either)

I never edited anything but added more, NEVER took ANYTHING out... , so do not accuse me of removing anything either, you simply just need to learn to READ PROPERLY the FIRST time.

Edit : - May as well Lock this topic - Jazz beating a dead horse in Lazys defense, and the ref. status is already gone.  v76
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 05:35:52 pm by Angelique » Logged
jazzking
Melee enthusiast
Newerth Shoutcaster

Duels Duels Duels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2014, 11:45:05 pm »

I've spent about about half my playtime on Leet. You are right that I wasn't there, and as you can see I haven't defended Lazy's actions (also disagreeing with a point he made). I can't say if Slash did or did not make the right decision since the screenshot is incomplete and I wasn't there.

I'm just bothered by people annoying Lazy about his age and his ref status. When someone discredits your reasoning on the basis of age, there is simply no response. A ref is bad because of bad reffing, not because of age, and it frankly seems like some people were all too excited when they had aggravated him enough to do something bad.

Regardless of his actions and what led to them, I stand by the point I made regarding your ref complaint. Its validity doesn't factor in.

Nightmare

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2014, 04:14:34 am »

I never play this game anymore and these forums are still damn entertaining. The best part is when Lazy got ref back again, I totally called it that he would lose it again for the same reason. Not that it was difficult to predict.
LazyFly

"Rebuild quick!" "But its so much effort..."

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2014, 08:28:35 am »

Ang. the fact you think that this was just a little bit of fun and that you aren't hiding anything, is completely bogus. it wasnt a little bit of fun like you seem to so easily fib about.

I was in fact, only following the protocol all refs follow when spam votes are called. i gave you all heaps of chances, you didnt have a proper reason to be trying to kick me and i showed more patience than any ref i know of.

if Slash was there, i do in fact believe he would have kicked you all for making so much trouble, removed Lanky's ref for joining in and undoing all my actions just because he doesn't like me, and there would be no complaint.

you all just know i have little credibility because of my age and the fact that ive lost me ref before.

The fact that all you had to do to remove my ref was write a big long post about how bad i am at 'reffing' without actually evidence. (no, the chat logs dont show the constant harrasment i was undergoing via votes.)
its pretty annoying that slash would take the word of trolls and trouble making refs over me, without even asking me about it.

but i cant be bothered to continue to ague. the fact is slash would rather just go with whoever can type the most, and dish out the most hate.

as i said, i didn't do anything wrong. IN FACT, i showed more tolerance than i should have, my ONLY regret was not kicking you sooner.

Ophelia
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2014, 01:09:28 pm »

Earlier that same day I voted a mute on not only Slash (who accepted it... muted me and unmuted himself)... i also mute ds and aidz.. you think im fibbing go ahead and ask them yourself.

Cause Slash is last person I could convince of anything. Have you met him?....  Slash can see all server logs. He can see how things went down without me posting. Reason I did us because Element didnt have the screenshot. I did.

Your uptight. You take ref. way too serious. When there is 10 ppl on usa server at 2am and we sitting around bullshittin and having a good time the one thing that can screw it up is you logging on and treatning to mute us for our cussing... realy..?. Bitch please.

When you lost ref the FIRST time all I did was ask Slash to watch you more and give you a chance.  He alias and, watched you himself. That was HIS call. I agree with it.  This time I just threw down the whole situation. I didnt cover it up or act like I was innocent. (If I cared perhaps that would have been different) Quite frankly even if you did have ref. still my feelings about this wouldnt sway.  I would feel your not fit for Leet ref. But I do think you should consider applying for GG ref. Jazzkig may back you up in that Wink You would be their problem ... and not leets. I'll support that!  Afro
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: