Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 20, 2019, 06:27:44 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189907 Posts in 11002 Topics by 18346 Members
Latest Member: vjjytuplz
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Other Games
| | |-+  Mafia (play-by-post game)
| | | |-+  Mafia 3 - Fair play ain't dead - SIGN-UP and POST-GAME
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mafia 3 - Fair play ain't dead - SIGN-UP and POST-GAME  (Read 40622 times)
valli
Quack or die!
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: April 19, 2014, 03:53:43 pm »

Who would have known: Skuggi, ex-chief of referees and hax0rz clan leader at the same time!

In all the talks I had with him (while he was refchief) I had never noticed  Cheesy

Poor Groentjuh, be happy that they haven't kicked you.

He who controls the past commands the future, He who commands the future, conquers the past.
Dervun

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 21, 2014, 02:27:31 pm »

Phew, this could have become close in the end.
For the record: i was really away when i said i would be. I had time to check e-mails, but definitely not to participate.
That's why i also left that stupid post where i wrote something about everyone. That really could have cost us, but luckily only Gridfon picked up on it.
Was a bit frustrating playing like this, i hope i won't be traveling if someone hosts another game..

Haku, i left you one tiny little clue about Arjey and myself during first round, but i guess it was almost impossible to notice. I left another clue when i suggested you're a good target for an investigator like Moxy was.

Btw. Valli, why did you try to go for Gridfon?
valli
Quack or die!
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: April 21, 2014, 05:52:44 pm »

Good question, he annoyed me, therefore he had to die.

He who controls the past commands the future, He who commands the future, conquers the past.
Gridfon
Righteous Scarecrow
Newerth Council

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 21, 2014, 09:40:45 pm »

That's why i also left that stupid post where i wrote something about everyone. That really could have cost us, but luckily only Gridfon picked up on it.

Yeah, I think you would have gotten a lot of questions about that post if you didn't say you were going to be AFK. Probably not just from me. But since you announced you were AFK, it was pointless to try asking you anything.

You and Arjey pointing at Riddick was also good. That did not mean you are innocent, but that small bit of information was better than no information at all. So I gave the both of you the benefit of the doubt for the duration of the next night. But I guess that was stupid of me, I should have considered to redirect valli to one of you!

Good question, he annoyed me, therefore he had to die.

Hehe, and yet you failed to kill me. That was too predictable! (Although "predictable" due to a wrong reasoning on my side.)

P.S. May be killing me that night was even good. Had I survived, the chances of valli getting lynched next day would go up considerably, because I was unlikely to drop my "confidence" that he's mafia. But as we know now, lynching him was actually bad for town people. Wink
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 09:46:10 pm by Gridfon » Logged
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 21, 2014, 09:58:23 pm »

I might have already said it, but it's beyond me how people would even consider Wololo to not be psycho, and even more, be part of an organized team alongside other players, be those hackers or not when we all know wololo annoyed the shit out of everyone, fair players or not Smiley.

Goes to show a mod's brain works differently than the players'! Smiley

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 21, 2014, 11:43:54 pm »

The mass amount of roles floating around made focusing on one more difficult. :p
But I did expect him to be the psycho, so your mod brain didn't go to waste. Rolleyes
Of course I kept that knowledge a secret...and attempted to lynch him.
Nobody

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 22, 2014, 01:09:40 am »

The mass amount of roles floating around made focusing on one more difficult. :p
But I did expect him to be the psycho, so your mod brain didn't go to waste. Rolleyes
Of course I kept that knowledge a secret...and attempted to lynch him.
i didnt even know about a psycho role Sad

going for top 10 healer Cheesy
jazzking
Melee enthusiast
Newerth Shoutcaster

Duels Duels Duels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: April 22, 2014, 01:20:30 am »

As far as I can recall the possibility of a psycho was never made explicit. I just believed it was Mafia vs Town and I still see this as reasonable belief at the time given what was made known. Yes I could have read previous games but there was already a lot to read in this game.
As for wololo, this felt like the perfect example of hacking/scripting and the NTAs were very beneficial to mafia at the expense of Town.

valli
Quack or die!
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: April 22, 2014, 07:25:29 am »

Just admit all, you just wanted to listen to haku instead of thinking on your own. Tongue

Moxy
Newerth Donator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: April 22, 2014, 01:16:46 pm »

heck I suggested he was townie traitor did I not? the reason I didn't vote for him was because he still counts as a townie. Smiley

valli
Quack or die!
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: April 22, 2014, 01:29:54 pm »

The funny thing is that I wanted to say that I am town traitor. I thought vigilante is the term for it. Next time I check the dictionary before that. I later didn't want to do a third role change as I doubted anyone believe it if I change it faster.

Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 22, 2014, 03:03:09 pm »

Good job mafia peeps. Nice playing Fat-Tony, using my role from this and last mafia game to cover your arse. Afro
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 22, 2014, 04:33:09 pm »

@jazzking
It's never made clear from the get-go if the psycho role is there or not - it's always a "possibility".

Just admit all, you just wanted to listen to haku instead of thinking on your own. Tongue
Grin
I'm surprised I managed to get you lynched so suddenly.
valli
Quack or die!
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: April 22, 2014, 05:08:30 pm »

Yeah, at least Moxy did the right thing.

Gridfon
Righteous Scarecrow
Newerth Council

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 22, 2014, 05:37:43 pm »

Yeah, at least Moxy did the right thing.

Why weren't you more aggressive at attacking Fat-Tony? Given that one of the 2 night kills was yours, and Tony claimed the second one (with that unbelievable role)... Wasn't it clear that one of the main reasons he claimed a kill, was in fact to discredit you even further? :p
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 05:50:12 pm by Gridfon » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: