Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 24, 2019, 09:33:34 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189665 Posts in 10986 Topics by 18250 Members
Latest Member: rugtabazf
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Newerth Hosted Competitions
| |-+  Newerth Savage League (NSL)
| | |-+  My idea
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My idea  (Read 3488 times)
Robin5hood

View Profile
« on: January 01, 2014, 12:57:54 pm »

HELLO
 I'd like to introduce an idea for a new competition. It will be played on DeathMatch mode. and the plan is that it will be played after the DeMo cup. DeathMatch is a PvP FFA mode, and was released some years ago, sadly people have forgotten about this fun mod and i would like to revive it a bit, and make a little fun switch on the game.
Every match will be played by 5 players
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the Mod:
You are playing all vs all without a team. You start the game as scavenger and you get a new unit by killing other units which are placed around the map. You will change your unit even if you got a higher tier than the killed unit (this doesn't count for the units of other players). NPC's are dropping gold that is healing you and mana crystals which gives you ammo for your weapons. Aswell you randomly are getting weapons by killing NPC's. Each NPC is giving an other sort of weapons. The game ends as soon as someone got 30points.

Scoring:
Killing a unit that is 2tiers higher than yours = 5 points
Killing a unit that is 1tier higher than yours = 4 points
Killing a unit with the same tier = 3 points
Killing a unit that is 1tier lower than yours = 2 points
Killing a unit that is 2tiers lower than yours = 1 points

Rules:

Sign-ups must contain a name and a link to their account.
You have to use the icon/account you signed up for the DM Comp(?) with at the forum.

Scheduling Rules:
Everything must be officially scheduled on the Newerth/White Wolve page assigned.
In case of a dispute about "who arranged and who didn't" (see below), the forum entry will be used as evidence/reference.
If a Player doesn't schedule by Friday, 23:59 GMT, they lose automatically.

2 games per map.
A map pool will be setup. For each week a map, picked out of the map pool, will be assigned for the matches.

Each of the 2 games has no time limit.

Grace Period (Match Time):
Players are allowed an extra 15 minutes after the agreed match time to show up to the server otherwise you are only allowed to join the 2nd match.

Being the 1st with 30 points scores 2 points, 2nd in the scores get's 1 point.
A results table will be drawn up and updated weekly.
If 2 or more Players are 2nd, they have to play a third match on their own on the same map.

Total points will take priority in determining league position.
If say the 4th spot had 2 Players with equal points, both Players will fight out for 4th place.

If a Player quits the DM Comp, their DM Comp record will not be wiped clean.
Previous results will not be deleted. All future games of the quiting Player will result in a win for the opponent Players.

No spectators are allowed.

If the server admin or referee abuses their powers, the abusing Player shall be disqualified from the tournament.
Kicking or muting a player who was not invited does not constitute abuse.

If there are disputes, make a topic under the Disputes child board. ______, the DM Comp dispute admin, will deal with it.
Please make sure you add evidence to support your argument - i.e. a screenshot/demo.

Exploiting is strictly forbidden.
Exploiting in this manner is defined as moving over terrain glitches to reach areas that were clearly designed to be inaccessible.
If a exploit occured, it is required to file a dispute.

All hacks and cheats are banned
If a player is found guilty of using hacks and/ or cheats he is disqualified from the DM Comp. All previous match results will be changed to a forfeit for the disqualified Player.

Maps:

dm_skull
dm_spero
dm_FeliXmap_test
dm_butterfly_a
dm_fish_b
dm_hopelesscathedral_e
dm_octagon_a

want to make it happend asap just help me a bit coz i never done a Turnament.
Need whole new topic wher, i can put all thos usefull posts like sing=up etc etc.
Tinx for ANY help  Afro

H3027
Newerth PR Manager
Legendary Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 02:24:23 pm »

When there's another cup (like the DeMo cup) planed secretly without writing about it anywhere on the official Savage community page, feel free to send me at least a PM so I can play too. Thanks.  Angry

Next time, here's the appropriate forum for it:
http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/board,171.0.html
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 02:29:21 pm by H3027 » Logged

First Witch: When shall we three meet again / In thunder, lightning, or in rain?
Second Witch: When the hurlyburly's done, / When the battle's lost and won.
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 02:33:49 pm »

Robin let me know about it a month ago, and i suggested for him to find another admin to help with rules checking and setting it up because i was and still am terribly busy. As for the DeMo cup, it was a way to let the banned people they've amassed play cws.

Robin5hood

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 06:42:10 pm »

Demo cup is about to end i guess

valli
Quack or die!
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 07:05:43 pm »

We have discussed Robin's idea internally @ WW, to help him to get the preparations done. I think Robin did quite a good job and used our feedback and assistance to get the basic ruleset and setup done. What seems to miss so far is a Newerth admin to support the suggested competition.

He who controls the past commands the future, He who commands the future, conquers the past.
H3027
Newerth PR Manager
Legendary Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 08:17:39 pm »

I've created a new forum section for that type of competition so Robin5hood can start organizing stuff:
http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/board,192.0.html

Do you have a video to hype it a bit?

First Witch: When shall we three meet again / In thunder, lightning, or in rain?
Second Witch: When the hurlyburly's done, / When the battle's lost and won.
Robin5hood

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 01:04:32 pm »

I've created a new forum section for that type of competition so Robin5hood can start organizing stuff:
http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/board,192.0.html

Do you have a video to hype it a bit?
Thanks a lot tirza this is what i need <3
no i don't have any video

-LioN-
Newerth Shoutcaster
XR Mapper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 02:21:47 pm »

Excellent idea! I think I remember vaguely that old mod !

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: