Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 08, 2020, 10:27:06 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190014 Posts in 11005 Topics by 18524 Members
Latest Member: h1ppy
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  SavageLive
| | |-+  Mapping
| | | |-+  Bunker screenshots
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bunker screenshots  (Read 37613 times)
shuN
Perverted yet determined
XR Mapper

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2014, 02:18:16 am »

Hey Salty.. do you use GameDraw with Unity 3D?
I have not tried it, but ProBuilder seems like an alternative, albeit it more of grey-box rough poly design.. so probably not to functional with SL..

I'd really like to get involved with SL mapping in the future.. and I don't mind paying for a level editing program.. but if it's 3ds or Maya (even Blender) .. this will take me some getting used to. I read about GameDraw as a 3D meshing plugin for Unity.. but hopefully you don't mind enlightening me on your methods.

Would even be awesome to know Daemon had something to do with the textures being used on SL maps. Grin

Darkness shines in even the brightest of light.

Quote from: Standard
when i tried www(comma)google.com something didnt work...
Quote from: Cross
add my face to the crotch of savage
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2014, 07:50:54 am »

Salty is using the standard Terrain Editor included in Unity, and no, except for one of them which is mine Smiley, the textures and props are made by pros.

salty_dog
XR Mapper

When The Levee Breaks

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2014, 09:46:37 am »

I picked up a perlin generator plugin too, but yes all my work is done right inside unity. It's a handful learning it. All I have ever worked with as far as any modding goes, is savages map editor.

Grin I have blender and sculptris, but I haven't had time to learn how to use them. I Would also love to learn how to make great textures.

heres some more shots of what I've done since initial post. The word clutter was used a couple of times. So I tried to keep that in mind and make a cleaner scene. This is looking up the mid from the bd to beast base. I'm still getting the hang of using details like grass, and small ground foliage. Don't want it too bare, but also don't want to turn the colors to mud either. 
shuN
Perverted yet determined
XR Mapper

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2014, 12:14:43 am »

do you guys have a texture pack or something to use for Unity?

Is there a difference between the free Unity and paid version that I may use if I begin learning it?
I'd like to try doing similar to what salty is working on. I don't even necessarily have to work on maps or levels that pertain to SL.. but it looks like fun, at least refreshing in a sense of updated visuals.

Do you guys plan on making easy integration of community made maps into SL?

Darkness shines in even the brightest of light.

Quote from: Standard
when i tried www(comma)google.com something didnt work...
Quote from: Cross
add my face to the crotch of savage
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2014, 08:32:11 am »

We have loads of pro paid mapping packs (props, rocks, trees, textures, skies, vegetation, bridges, walls, houses, you name it) Literally loads.

You don't need to use the free unity for mapping, something can be arranged, if you get my drift Smiley. And it would be nice to have you aboard with mapping too, we gotta have a chat about it.

As for community maps, yes, we intend on providing that feature at some point, without being a priority and after we manage to find a good technical way to do it.

Aneurysm
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2014, 10:29:04 am »

do you guys have a texture pack or something to use for Unity?

Is there a difference between the free Unity and paid version that I may use if I begin learning it?
I'd like to try doing similar to what salty is working on. I don't even necessarily have to work on maps or levels that pertain to SL.. but it looks like fun, at least refreshing in a sense of updated visuals.

Do you guys plan on making easy integration of community made maps into SL?

Shun, using a development engine like Unity is quite a different kettle of fish to using a map editing exe like Savage's mapping. Having said that, the free version of Unity is for all intents and purposes the same beast as the pro version, the biggest difference is that you don't have full access to proper light rendering and diagnostic tools. However Unity without any plugins means you have 0 assets to work with (the platform is designed with the assumption that you have artists working on your team that develop your assets). So to jump into Unity you would have to get your hands on a bunch of assets so that you can level/set/map design. The Unity store used to have lots of free assets (of varying quality) its probably worth checking out what you can get and having a play with those first. The other great thing about Unity is that it has tonnes and tonnes of online help and resources because of its massive and ever growing developer/hobbyist base.

salty_dog
XR Mapper

When The Levee Breaks

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2014, 02:18:19 pm »

My work on this is frozen. I feel like I need to apologize for offering something that I wasn't able to complete.  Work and family just aren't giving me a chance to focus on anything else atm. I hope that SL gets its hands on some of the other great mapping talent here at newerth to pick up where I left off. If things free up for me I'll be around, but I think in the future I will hesitate to show anything off until it is at least in a basic form of total completion. 
Storky

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2014, 06:36:10 am »

Awasome job Afro

\m/
Zorn
XR Mapper

And who are YOU?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2014, 03:19:28 pm »

*hijackthisthread* Congrats! I just like the whole idea of Savage Live and would like to jump in here. Where to start - what can I help? *endofhijackthisthread*
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 03:27:54 pm by Zorn » Logged

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says: 'I'm possible'!"
Audrey Hepburn

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: