Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 07, 2019, 09:25:54 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189884 Posts in 10983 Topics by 18424 Members
Latest Member: ehohdfhdoo
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Mapping & Modding Forum
| | |-+  Remove nextmap2b
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Remove nextmap2b  (Read 2929 times)
Takz

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2007, 06:22:58 pm »

Remove this piece of shit map, nothing but endless farming in the middle of the map while neither side gets the advantage till it's completely stacked.

Domine, libera nos a furore normannorum
Sed praesepe, Domine, a humore eorum
-Storm of Vengeance-
Notausgang
Map Admin
Super Hero Member

Gnagsuaton

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 09:37:18 pm »

It'll be removed from the rotation soon; removing the actual map for this reason would mean having to remove a couple of other maps for the same reason (i.e. puchi3t and similar) of which some are well like by the community.
Initial
I am the shit!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 03:25:14 am »

not to disturb you Takz, but have you ever build a map before? It takes effort and time. "MAPS" is the heart of savage, without maps we wont have Savage. Why delete a map so easily? Just because you dont like it dosent mean you have the right to delete it..  Undecided And also, probably there are some people that like that map. Savage is for everyone and every single person has the right to play certain maps. Noobs likes to play on any maps anyways.  Smiley Also you know that if you want this map to be deleted, you're going to risk other maps also as Notausgang has mentioned. I think you're just being selfish over here...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 03:28:28 am by Initial » Logged

Shamoke
Lord Of The Frogs

Left Tanks in a wood box

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 08:20:32 am »

Yeah, that would be a lot of maps to remove for that specific reason.
Personnally, I enjoy from times to times to get on "sandbox" games, and so do a lot of people, obviously.
SirEdb
Official against E-)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 01:36:44 am »

not to disturb you Takz, but have you ever build a map before? It takes effort and time. "MAPS" is the heart of savage, without maps we wont have Savage. Why delete a map so easily? Just because you dont like it dosent mean you have the right to delete it..  Undecided And also, probably there are some people that like that map. Savage is for everyone and every single person has the right to play certain maps. Noobs likes to play on any maps anyways.  Smiley Also you know that if you want this map to be deleted, you're going to risk other maps also as Notausgang has mentioned. I think you're just being selfish over here...

you made that map?
1) it takes skill to make a map, perhaps the person who made nextmapb didnt have any.
2) at the risk of deleting a worthless map other maps will be deleted too. What for? PERHAPS BECAUSE THEY SUCK AS WELL? With all due respects(meaning I got none at all for your opinion) if you make a map which provides a draw situation 99% of the time then I recommend you should also command it and waste 1,5 hour of doing nothing else but gazing at the screen in pure awe when it comes to terms of retardedness combined with mapmaking skills before you can finally let a draw vote pass. (yes, long sentence)
3) Noobs play any maps. Pro's don't. Period.
4) We have plenty of good maps, don't bother making one that ends in a draw 99% of the time.
5) Selfish is a relative term; I think you're selfish for wanting to keep this map.

Shamoke
Lord Of The Frogs

Left Tanks in a wood box

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 02:15:02 am »

We are talking about public games, where there are as many newbies as vets. If you want a competitive gameplay, go play some PUGS.
Voldo
Neighbourhood Rangewhore
Super Hero Member

Oh Dear...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 12:50:13 pm »

This is always debated rather hotly, and like the whole siege camping debate, no absolute solution will ever be reached.

Nevertheless, my opinion is that if you want to play an endless game, go to UT and let yourself loose on the deathmatch servers. Maps do take skill and time to make, yes. I spent a good week working on a map that is played very little, but I dont care that nobody plays it - afaik when you make a map you shouldnt be surprised if it never gets played.

Pancake
Master Pancake

';..;'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 05:53:18 am »

I made that map, and I don't really like it either.
Eclipse

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 08:50:32 am »

Well there we go. As for Puchi maps, They're just maps for RaGe to statwhore, eh Amore?
moshe1321
Ah.. Why Im Banned Again?!

FunnY , CraZy AnD MosT NoIsy Player!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 02:20:43 pm »

This map has been already removed man it was the hell of shit map ...

Initial
I am the shit!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 02:43:00 am »

Hey moshe1321 dont talk $hit like you know everything. This map hasnt been deleted yet and also dont reply on topics that are old. It brings the topic back on top.

Epoks

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2007, 06:12:00 am »

That map would've been a simple fixer-upper. Just lower the hill areas (expansion stonemines just outside bases up the hill), make them maybe half the height, and make the base area around SH larger for building space. It'd be fine!

Voldo
Neighbourhood Rangewhore
Super Hero Member

Oh Dear...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2007, 11:48:39 am »

Aye, hills at base kill a lot of maps. Look at how good gotcha (unknown ver) could be without an endless battle at the base!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: