Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 23, 2019, 08:51:24 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189812 Posts in 10979 Topics by 18370 Members
Latest Member: Dogbreath
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Mapping & Modding Forum
| | |-+  Aw crap...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aw crap...  (Read 2286 times)
Bearded Frog
DM's Recruiter/Scheduler

To Defend The Beard

View Profile WWW
« on: August 09, 2007, 06:26:16 pm »

Don't you hate it when you finnally get everything done on a map, take a nice sigh of relief then notice something horribly wrong? Just created a new map called Sanity to get back into the swing of map making and I realized for some reason when the map merged from the PNG it made it smaller then the actual map size >_<. Map is done save for testing and the minmap is done too however the minimap isnt accurate because of the large area around the map. Am I screwed on tihs? Any possible way to fix it without redoing it? Otherwise I think ill just stick with a fubar'd minimap lol.

Link to map : http://www.newerth.com/?id=maps&mid=979

Bearded Frog
DM's Recruiter/Scheduler

To Defend The Beard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 06:47:43 pm »

actually I think I might have just solved my own problem. I think ill just change the minimap so that it has more blank spacing around the map where it is.

Voldo
Neighbourhood Rangewhore
Super Hero Member

Oh Dear...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 06:48:35 pm »

You appear to be screwed, yes. But I'm thinking Notausgang's Map Resizer would have a way to remedy the problem somehow.

Edit: I wouldn't do that as it would make it hard to see in the small minimap box, but as you like Smiley.

Notausgang
Map Admin
Super Hero Member

Gnagsuaton

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 06:51:00 pm »

Don't you hate it when you finnally get everything done on a map, take a nice sigh of relief then notice something horribly wrong? Just created a new map called Sanity to get back into the swing of map making and I realized for some reason when the map merged from the PNG it made it smaller then the actual map size >_<. Map is done save for testing and the minmap is done too however the minimap isnt accurate because of the large area around the map. Am I screwed on tihs? Any possible way to fix it without redoing it? Otherwise I think ill just stick with a fubar'd minimap lol.

I'm gonna have a look at it later, but from what you described I could probably fix that with some unhandy tools; however, I dunno whether I'm gonna find time to do that soon Undecided
Bearded Frog
DM's Recruiter/Scheduler

To Defend The Beard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 07:37:31 pm »

I'm gonna have a look at it later, but from what you described I could probably fix that with some unhandy tools; however, I dunno whether I'm gonna find time to do that soon Undecided
Well for now ill leave it this way. If you find time or can describe to me your methods for fixing it let me know.

Notausgang
Map Admin
Super Hero Member

Gnagsuaton

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 08:33:14 pm »

Well for now ill leave it this way. If you find time or can describe to me your methods for fixing it let me know.
The method would be to write a program which opens up all of those .*m files and fixes them up.
Sheeproth
EvO's Mapper!
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 01:09:34 am »

hehe i think i know what you did ... imported map changed map size re-imported map .... kinda messes things up  Evil

the only way i fixed this was to start over again ..... but if you didnt do what i usually do ^^ then make a blank map with the size you want save it, load it, then import the file  Afro

moshe1321
Ah.. Why Im Banned Again?!

FunnY , CraZy AnD MosT NoIsy Player!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 02:22:56 pm »

You appear to be screwed, yes. But I'm thinking Notausgang's Map Resizer would have a way to remedy the problem somehow  Evil Grin Evil

Voldo
Neighbourhood Rangewhore
Super Hero Member

Oh Dear...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 07:14:49 pm »

You appear to be screwed, yes. But I'm thinking Notausgang's Map Resizer would have a way to remedy the problem somehow  Evil Grin Evil

Could just be me, but I think I wrote that already.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: