Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 08, 2020, 11:03:58 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190014 Posts in 11005 Topics by 18524 Members
Latest Member: h1ppy
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  SavageLive
| | |-+  Mapping
| | | |-+  LIST: most played maps
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: LIST: most played maps  (Read 40317 times)
salty_dog
XR Mapper

When The Levee Breaks

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2013, 08:24:35 am »

If SL's gameplay is close enough to savage's this list could be a good place to pick from for carryover maps. It notes all maps currently marked online with over 100 plays. It is arranged in order of most plays descending. Txt attached has the numbers and percents for each map. Percents were figured from each map's stats panel.

-Human favored- -Beast favored- -Balanced-
Each star shows when a map has crossed the 500 match mark (1 star equals between 500 and 1000 matches)

Kinixxx***
eden2**
forgotten*
audhumla*
nohope*
watershipdown2*
lostwinter*
bunker*
avenue_sep*
Anvale*

xr_kinixxx
battlefront_fixed
Omo_sep
haven

choke_fixed
green_age
crossroads_fixed

xr_eden
kayin
avenue_winter

valhalla
xr_omo_x
dryhills
snowblind  
hope_xp  
portal  
haze2 b
xr_losthills
2castles_q
apinwa

choke_summer
doublehead_x
coastal_fix

seperation2
duskhills_xp
forestbridge4b
trapt
(still ten pages of maps left to comb through)

* mapstats.txt (1.27 KB - downloaded 227 times.)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 09:49:57 am by salty_dog » Logged
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 06:37:41 pm »

Hey Salty!

I would be very interested in your personal top10 maps. We have to start somewhere, don't we? Smiley

Making a map in unity should not take more than a couple days, so probably we'll end up with quite a lot of them.

salty_dog
XR Mapper

When The Levee Breaks

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 09:13:21 pm »

I will give it some thought and come up with my personal top ten. Sad to say, but kinixxx IS among my favorite maps. Don't know if it's because I play in leet and we see it so often there or what . But what I like about it is it's intensity and how momentum can shift quickly.  But yeah, honestly, it's going to take some thought for me to determine my top ten.
Aneurysm
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 08:25:45 am »

Two quick things I'd like to contribute to the discussion. When looking at the balance of a map, you have to in some way give weighting to the draws as often as not a draw is in fact a human victory in which they choose not to  press for a win, rather holting the progression of the game to farm kills. The second thing I would like to point out is that the most popular maps in the current meta of the game do not necessarily extol the highest design principals for maps, rather they are a reflection of the inherent flaws within the state of the game.

SavageBeard
XR Map Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 04:26:15 pm »

Two quick things I'd like to contribute to the discussion. When looking at the balance of a map, you have to in some way give weighting to the draws as often as not a draw is in fact a human victory in which they choose not to  press for a win, rather holting the progression of the game to farm kills. The second thing I would like to point out is that the most popular maps in the current meta of the game do not necessarily extol the highest design principals for maps, rather they are a reflection of the inherent flaws within the state of the game.

Not exactly what you were talking about, but on the topic of draws. Just a random chip in here is that I think maps that rarely, if ever draw are really undervalued. If they are also balanced in terms of beast-human win ratio, then it's a really strong sign of a good map.

A lot of maps where humans can build a very strong shield, I would rate as somewhat flawed in their design. Usuallly it's due to the SH area being too large or too hard to access. By that I mean, in maps where the base pretty much defends itself and beast have to rely on either hours of sac-waves or the random chance of a lucky summoner or gate in order to win. It's much more preferrable if the players have to play a huge part of the defense such as on losthills or kinixxx. It doesn't mean they are not fun to play and good maps, however.

I think losthills and kinixxx are good examples. I mean, they draw sometimes, but there's usually always a real chance to defeat the opponent.
ENvIouS

Fly with me...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 03:22:37 am »

I very much agree with Beard on this one. I've always been a fan of maps where you get sneak subs, good gates, balli rushes, etc, etc. A map that changes quite a bit is much more fun for me, rather than maps like Choke, in which 90% of games end in a human base standoff.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: