Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 27, 2021, 05:03:16 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190061 Posts in 11009 Topics by 18574 Members
Latest Member: kuremoroti
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  General Savage XR Discussion
| | |-+  carn vs rabid
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: carn vs rabid  (Read 3045 times)
Nobody

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2013, 10:26:40 am »

wich of them is better and why?

going for top 10 healer Cheesy
Groentjuh
Newerth Serveradmin, German Mirror and Webdeveloper
Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 10:53:50 am »

Beast want to stay moving quickly. To do so they need stamina, which rabid will give. So I you can land your hits and have good controlled leaps, rabid will be better.

Carn is often used as human medkit. If you are hurt, get carn and kill some npcs to heal. Carn will heal you during battle, but you will lack the stamina to land your hits! So while you use frenzy it will work pretty well (for the time frenzy is active). You will however quickly run out of stamina, which will turn you into an easy target for human!

Before adding any of my IMs, ask yourself: Can I ask it in a PM?
Before sending me a PM with questions, Search the forums!
Wanna be ref? Post on my Server Forum
Nobody

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 11:36:08 am »

ohh ok tyvm Smiley but how much stamina does rapid restore?

impulse
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 03:13:26 pm »

I've started using carn again and think it works just as well as rabid for small games where you go one on one a lot. It actually helps you improve your melee since you have to be aware of your stamina and you have to make sure you land a back swing instead of right clicking like mad. Also you will almost always win if the opponent free swings as you can just take the hit and get in two before they can block again.

Doesn't work as well for one on three or more unless they all start freeswinging to get the last hit
SavageLegacy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 04:07:32 pm »

against muiltiple enemies, rabid is better.
1v1, carn is better.
Nobody

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 02:56:05 am »

against muiltiple enemies, rabid is better.
1v1, carn is better.
also without frenzy?

Aneurysm
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 02:07:28 pm »

Another important consideration in choosing Carn or Rabid in any particular situation is the environment you will be doing the fighting in. For example in closed in areas where you have a lot of opportunity to kite opponents or keep their line of sight broken (to prevent them shooting at you) then carn is a legitimate choice over rabid as you can buy yourself the time to rebuild stamina. Conversely on maps that have larger distances to travel or more exposed areas rabid becomes a more valid choice as it allows you to cover greater distances by recovering stamina through hits; in these situations carn would become less valid as opponents with strong accuracy can often chip away at your health pool before you can actually engage in combat.

p.s. Ideally anyone wanting to be really good at this game should just learn to shoot tempest at 60% + and then just kite and shoot ftw. Wink

Zackorrigan
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 03:02:58 pm »

i use carni for defense against demorunner because i use frenezy with it. The things is that if you spawn and the ennemy is already near you you don't have to waste stamina by doing 3 leaps for be on him like you have to do on the field. Sorry for bad english

Nobody

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 09:28:49 pm »

thx for the help  Smiley

Necrofears

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 07:05:49 pm »

to each his own, rabid and carn have different styles.

with carn you can afford to take a block as a pred because your next swing will make it through and heal you. you have enough stamina to leap at least once you'll be fine and if not frenzy can solve that problem. and I can tell you that I have spun wildly in a group of 4-6 legos and killed them all, honestly one of my favorite things to do.

with carn the objective is to conserve stamina and find easy sources of healing, like a catapult.

with rabid you can not afford to miss or be blocked as that is pretty much a license for the humies to start free swinging you. that is of course accomplished by stamina regen on hit and contantly moving. because the regen is passive you can heal up between battles and just use NPCs on the way to help you move faster. it is still possible to take on multiple targets but this is again almost entirely dependent on not getting blocked.

the objective with rabid is to kill quickly and move on.

of course the best weapon option would be tempest and Ane said. if you are honestly good enough to use rabid at a high sucess rate then you should easily be able to land 3-4 temps and just melee the humie to death. temp also allows you to engage your openent from farther away oposed to waiting for humies to come to you or taking a heal cause you got coiled 5 times before getting into melee range.

and a special shout out to venom, 1 hit kills on nomads level 1-8
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 07:10:53 pm by Necrofears » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: