Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 09, 2020, 09:41:17 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190015 Posts in 11005 Topics by 18524 Members
Latest Member: h1ppy
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Support Forum
| | |-+  Double trouble
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Double trouble  (Read 1270 times)
TurtleMan

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2013, 07:10:26 pm »

I'm having two problems, and I've received a bit of assistance from a couple players in-game, and I've searched around the web a bit, but the issues seem to be isolated to savage, and there's not a lot of IT gurus who know shit about savage.... who aren't on these forums.

So, after searching these forums for a bit, I resolved to create a new thread in the hopes of fixing this junk.

Two things are happening, and they probably are not related, but I don't know for certain.

One thing that's happening - I run windows 7, and every time I boot up savage, it changes the theme to windows basic. It's just annoying.

The thing I actually need fixed - anytime I take the commander's seat, I use the mouse to scroll my view by the edge of the screen, and, with 2 monitors, my mouse always continues to my second monitor as if I didn't have a game running.

Now, yes, I could disable my second monitor every time I played savage... but let's be honest, that's not an actual fix. My mouse does not do this when I'm on foot playing, only when I'm commanding.

I'm not sure what information is relevant or useful for anyone who might help, so ask and I'll gladly provide any additional details to sort this out. Thanks in advance.
eXZeth

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 12:41:52 am »

for your first problem.. if you exit savage and the theme changes back.. this probably happens because you're running savage in 16 bit colors?
and for your 2nd.. hmmm, have you tried switching to savage by pressing the "windows" button and tab ?

TurtleMan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 01:10:32 am »

for your first problem.. if you exit savage and the theme changes back.. this probably happens because you're running savage in 16 bit colors?
After years of troubleshooting all sorts of issues, you'd think I woulda checked that. That indeed fixed the windows basic switch, thanks.

and for your 2nd.. hmmm, have you tried switching to savage by pressing the "windows" button and tab ?
Windows key, alt+tab, win+tab, ctrl+esc... no form of tabbing in/out changes anything. I tried running savage in various compatibility modes, RAA, etc. It's just weird, when I alt+tab in the comm seat it tabs normally like a fullscreened game would, but the mouse won't stay inside when I move it to the right edge, it just continues to my other monitor.
jazzking
Melee enthusiast
Newerth Shoutcaster

Duels Duels Duels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 09:27:45 am »

This might just be the result of Savage being a ten year-old game. In other words, the S2 developers may not have anticipated dual screens being a common use case of the game.

If that's the case your best bet is to disable your second monitor before booting up savage. If you use the second monitor for other applications while playing , you could look into using DDMM, which puts a soft barrier between the two monitors when it comes to mouse movement.

http://snoofler.users.sourceforge.net/

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: