Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 23, 2021, 12:35:27 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190061 Posts in 11009 Topics by 18569 Members
Latest Member: hyperpolymath
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Hi! My name is ..
| | |-+  Any old-timers still play?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Any old-timers still play?  (Read 4900 times)
iamunreal

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2013, 11:58:58 pm »

I used to play as 'unreal' way back in the day... from beta up until probably somewhere around 2004-2005 (around the time most of us got sucked into WoW). I spent a little time (badly) coding the league portion of clansavage.com and (even worse) doing some 3d modeling/texturing for jebus's jump pads that i don't think ever made it into existence.

Any old-timers still around? Shout out to the Saints (Tomed, ReaperSpirit, Ouija, Ark, qwik,etc.), Invictus (Daolin, goatman), Demons (WD, ??), TFU (Helios, ??) Blood (headsman, meoses, giant chiprel)... turns out 8 years is a long time and I forget.

Anyhoo... I don't get much time to game anymore, but I figured I'd drop in and check out this new version.

<3,
unreal
Ophelia
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 01:11:18 am »

Ahhh Unreal - I was Ifrit in BK way back then, been Angelique the past 8 years,

Daolin, and Slash still play - A few DMs still play (Including WD from time to time) - Helios is on boards sometime.. Meoses and GC I havent not seen in FOREVER ...

Welcome back reguardless.  Afro
Helios
Sun God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 10:17:53 pm »

Hey unreal, always good to revisit the good ole days of savage, all downhill from about 2006 (in US anyway). That being said still didn't get myself to completely quit til about a year ago.

Many DM/former TFU still around on vent every day, Tomed still around as well. Was going to say still some occasional activity on the BT forums but looks like they must have gone down recently, good timing.

Anyway, back to lurking...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 10:21:11 pm by Helios » Logged

iamunreal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 02:54:31 pm »

Good to hear from you both! I heard from someone in i| that Daolin completely quit computers and the internet... ouch!

Anyhow, glad to see the game is still somewhat alive though mostly dead. I played a bit over the last couple days. It seems like no one plays the original maps anymore, and it's hard to get a game going at all most of the time due to people not wanting to command. (Gee, you think requiring a vote of confidence might deter people from giving it a shot?)

Have you played Savage 2? Worth trying? Any other games worth a go? I'm sure Savage suffered from a relatively small player-base, but that also contributed to a greater sense of community than I've found in other games. Oh well... those were the days Wink
impulse
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 03:36:16 pm »

Hope you can play sometime and still have some fun. There's still people on the server but a lot are playing from Australia and Brazil and it would be great if we could get some of the old great US players back.

It's worth it to try and keep savage alive since there is still nothing else like it as far as I know. You can try Savage 2 if you want but it's trash and probably more dead than the original.
Ophelia
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 09:23:19 pm »

A lot of us have grown up (by far, not all obv. lol) - and have gotten families and had less time due to jobs or whatever. But As for Savage 2, I did realize a lot of the Savage 2 community will come here to reach out and see who plays Savage 1, due to the drop of community on their end. However I feel our community (Savage 1) is a lot tighter then Savage 2, and honestly, Savage 2 is NOTHING like Savage 1, I wouldn't even bother trying it out unless you honestly have nothing better to do at all, ever.

I honestly am only waiting on Elder Scrolls Online beyond all else, I've played Lotro, Neverwinter, GW2, D3, and few more, but just can't tend to stick to many. Diablo 3 was fun minus the fact its the same thing with no change, over and over. That got old, very quick.

Good luck finding anything worth sticking to though - it depends if you like console over PC gaming though - I know some new games going to be released the end of the year with ps4 and new xbox. But as it stands, Savage will remain my #1 Smiley
Helios
Sun God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2013, 03:57:06 am »

oh sweet memories...

* shot00021.jpg (969.4 KB, 1280x1024 - viewed 414 times.)

Necrofears

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2013, 01:42:17 pm »

you know I remember being as much a douche back then as I am now...

iamunreal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2013, 04:07:40 pm »

oh god, how embarrassing lol. what the hell was I going off about? had a bit of a short fuse back then. didn't I end up joining TFU later for a few matches?
Helios
Sun God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2013, 06:35:46 pm »

Yeah, think you were just playing hard to get. ;p

And yeah we all had some embarrassing moments over the years in savage. I even caught an instance of mayhem talking/getting upset.

What a loose cannon.

* shot00017.jpg (922.92 KB, 1280x1024 - viewed 362 times.)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 06:57:12 pm by Helios » Logged

Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 04:07:09 pm »

sup Unreal.

biggeruniverse
Disrespectful Newerth Coder and Occasional Admin

Savage Days

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2013, 06:32:41 am »

Do you have any communication link to jebus? There are certain people in the community interested in the work he did with EX2.

https://twitter.com/SavageRebirth
Quote from: Helios
You mean an already 7 yr old game is going to die eventually?  G
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: