Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2019, 04:19:57 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189879 Posts in 10981 Topics by 18418 Members
Latest Member: jo40_km
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Support Forum
| | |-+  Wierd Problem with updater
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wierd Problem with updater  (Read 1900 times)
Sn3ky

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2013, 05:01:00 pm »

Hello. I am new and recently downloaded client of your game. Although the auto updater is being extremely wierd. It has update just about most of the files. Currently I have 2 files left to update. But this is where the wierd part comes in. About halfway through getting ready to finish the update, my datarate goes negative and the progress goes backwards. After a couple of times the update fails.

Currently it is failing to download the xr_tutorial_b1.s2z file.

I am just wondering if its just the updater going wonky, or is my connection really that bad. (im running an equivalent to a 56k modem)
Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 05:49:00 pm »

Hello. I am new and recently downloaded client of your game. Although the auto updater is being extremely wierd. It has update just about most of the files. Currently I have 2 files left to update. But this is where the wierd part comes in. About halfway through getting ready to finish the update, my datarate goes negative and the progress goes backwards. After a couple of times the update fails.

I am just wondering if its just the updater going wonky, or is my connection really that bad. (im running an equivalent to a 56k modem)

Did you run it the game as admin? (Solves most problems, if you're using Win7/Vista)
Groentjuh
Newerth Serveradmin, German Mirror and Webdeveloper
Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 06:03:12 pm »

When is concerns the autoupdater, this topic will usually help out.
http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/topic,11944.0.html

I guess you should follow the first post in that post!

Before adding any of my IMs, ask yourself: Can I ask it in a PM?
Before sending me a PM with questions, Search the forums!
Wanna be ref? Post on my Server Forum
Sn3ky

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 06:48:33 pm »

Did you run it the game as admin? (Solves most problems, if you're using Win7/Vista)

Yes i did run the program as administrator. the problem was still constant.

I can see where to edit the au.cfg file. but My system won't let me save it even though im the administrator.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 07:05:49 pm by Sn3ky » Logged
djinghis
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 02:43:20 am »

ny chance you can get a better connection or borrow one just to update. I started savage on a 56K and it was pretty bad  Cry
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: