Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 27, 2021, 03:09:18 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190061 Posts in 11009 Topics by 18574 Members
Latest Member: kuremoroti
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  General Savage XR Discussion
| | |-+  The US server is horrible
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The US server is horrible  (Read 5513 times)
APirateHat
XR Advertiser

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2013, 10:12:45 am »

What is this server about? Really?

I was on before and it was full with new people and I saw people complainging about these "noobs" and that they should get kicked. No wonder you server is shit when there is such bad attitude. The server got a really bad atmosphere with shit-talking and just being unpleasant to eachother.

We also had a game started with 2 new people as commanders and some idiot wanted a restart because their comm was a "noob" and then later impeached him. Both commanders were beginners and the majority of the players were new ones and I really didn't see a problem letting them try the game. When new people go on we should give them a good time so they'll talk about the game and how great it is.

What do you all think they will say about the game when they get impeached and called "noobs"? It really looks like the US server doesnt give a shit about new players or the well-being of the game and think newbies will destroy their precious shit-talking paradise.

This really is pissing me off, you who do this don't care about the game or love it at all if you're acting like this. It's disgusting behaviour and something needs to be done about it. I will not let the work of some of us go to waste just because of one toxic server.

I've got some screenshot that I can post if someone is interested about what was said that pissed me off so much.

Edit: Adding the pictures. It's even more ridiculous that the people talking about a restart and impeaching are sitting in spec.

* shot00070.png (1227.88 KB, 1280x720 - viewed 318 times.)

* shot00071.png (1034.1 KB, 1280x720 - viewed 247 times.)

* shot00072.png (1274.57 KB, 1280x720 - viewed 303 times.)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 10:19:46 am by APirateHat » Logged

LazyFly

"Rebuild quick!" "But its so much effort..."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 11:39:43 am »

i do agree alot of us players are just dumb, i personally being an aussie play mostly on leet us, still i try to be nice, im always open to help people and give advise/tips. but really you cant just change all the players, maybe a new server with specific refs to kick idiots like this.

Bullet
Python enthusiast
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 12:28:43 pm »

A server called "newbies server" and max playtime for the player to join must be less than 50 hours playtime. But that's just dreaming, and fill it with newbietips that appear in the chat.  Though, it solves the problem when they're that many noobs that joins the game.

On G & G serves it was also douchebags running around with preds/legos farming as much as possible.  I think everyone agrees Savage is one of the best game's they've ever played, and some have played it since the start. Don't the Savage community stay in debt of the game and the devs, by atleast beeing a bit newbie friendly so we can keep this game alive? it's marketing beeing friendly. Personally I was one of the few left on the G & G server when everyone else went US, and I got 2 newbies to the duel arena and thought them the very basic of melee in 2-3 hours. We should embrace this noob invasion to Savage, these gaming celebs actually helps us, dragging swarms of newbies to Savage at the same time.

Ref's should be allowed to kick farmers/shit-talkers on such events as these, without nescesarry have to vote them out.

APirateHat
XR Advertiser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 12:43:03 pm »

@Lazyfly I'm not sure if a new server would help. I think it rather need some rules enforced or maybe new rules. And I guess there are some idiots on both servers too.

@Bullet It's so easy to make a new account so that server idea wouldn't really work out.

And yeah, G&G isn't free from inconsiderate people either but I feel like some rules are better enforced and the atmosphere is a bit better. I get the feeling that a lot of US people don't really care about the game either.

Also to be fair this was without any refs present but people should learn how to use spec-chat and stop to think sometime.

Ophelia
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 01:13:16 pm »

@Lazyfly I'm not sure if a new server would help. I think it rather need some rules enforced or maybe new rules. And I guess there are some idiots on both servers too.

@Bullet It's so easy to make a new account so that server idea wouldn't really work out.

And yeah, G&G isn't free from inconsiderate people either but I feel like some rules are better enforced and the atmosphere is a bit better. I get the feeling that a lot of US people don't really care about the game either.

Also to be fair this was without any refs present but people should learn how to use spec-chat and stop to think sometime.

I see your point, and 0mie isn't exactly a role-model player - but i'd like to say - he wasn't exactly BREAKING any rules either. Talking shit is talking shit.
Let me avert your topic to Hwoa - who says the N word, SPAMMING it - WHILE MANY refs are on  - they don't do anything , then THAT screenshot had NO refs on at the time. and hes just running his damn mouth (not new)

- So I understand your logic about how awful that is - but Gro's server is far from perfect and ive seen on many different times that hwoa will spam racist shit - or other people say or do stuff to each other - WAY WORSE then saying they would kick or mute new players.

Fact is - a lot of USA players will talk shit, but don't make a big deal about it unless they do it.

Pot calling the kettle black to be honest.

APirateHat
XR Advertiser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 01:34:23 pm »

@Angelique Yes, I very well know that people like Hwoa is spamming shit and if I'm on then I'll call a mute vote. I saw Scorch spamming "nigger" the other day too and I called a mute vote because I want a good atmosphere and I'll try and enforce it eventhough I'm not a ref. It's not about breaking a rule or not either, more about creating a fun and nice atmosphere and having people shit-talk in public chat like that really annoy me, and probably others too.

And this thread was actually more about the restart vote and impeaching which really infuriated me. No one wanted to comm, two newbies got elected and the game had started. On t2 the comm wasn't that good, but still did something and the only reason I got for a restart was that t1 comm was a noob. And then both commanders got impeached.

djinghis
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 01:42:36 pm »

I'm not sure what the screenshots tell us other than General Revant and 0mie love to shit talk. But at the time you were on APH it was early morning in the US, and hardly any Americans were on - so your thread (The US Server is horrible) I don't believe to be strictly true, as hardly any of the main player base and refs were on. And I've had a lot of good times on this server.

I agree that Leet has some problems mainly to do with the administration and adjudication not so much the players, and you'll always encounter trash talk.

@Bullet
Ref's should be allowed to kick farmers/shit-talkers on such events as these, without nescesarry have to vote them out.
You would have to spend a long time discussing and compiling a large list of boundaries that define what "farming" is, and an even longer list for "shit talk" to have any accuracy when enforcing those rules. In Australia we have our national sport Australian Football Rules (AFL) and one of the biggest problems with it is the introduction or allowance for umpires to interpret some rules as they see fit. So having refs that can mute/kick/ban players for generally farming/shit talking You're putting the law into the hands of individual who can basically do what they want without any defining rule.

The US have a Newbie server FYI - fundly enough called Newbie Server - but its always empty (no surprise)

@Angelique
Not really sure that applies here as APirateHat has done nothing wrong - "to be honest"  Wink
APirateHat
XR Advertiser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2013, 01:52:28 pm »

Yeah, you're right about the time Djinghis and I kinda wrote this thread in frustration so the title is wrong. Also the screenshots weren't to show their fighting but about what was said about the new players, which really irked me. Guess I should have circled it or something.

I just hate the shitty attitude some have towards other players(EU vs US) and the game, not caring about the future of the game you love playing. We got such small playerbase that even something like this could hurt the game but I guess there will always be those players, especially in such competitive game like Savage.

But on the other hand we do have plenty of people that do good. Saw on the server before that both Moxy and Groent was on late and helped out, explaining the games to the newbies.

Ophelia
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 02:39:36 pm »

@Angelique
Not really sure that applies here as APirateHat has done nothing wrong - "to be honest"  Wink

Not in reference to Hat (as a single player) at all actually - hes a very enjoyable player and is more of a positive light rather then a lot of us. But I was meaning more Gro's server - which I know you also visit from time to time - as do I. Which FAR WORSE then this is being said in these screenshots. And that is just in English - I have no idea half the time what is being said cause they speak other languages.

- but fact is as good or bad as it is, the EU side of the community is much greater in numbers, so clearly the bad apples are not as noticed as the general player base.
The USA side of the community is MUCH smaller, so clearly its easier to note most if not all the trolls.

Also - keep in mind 0mie has no control on getting ANYONE banned at ANY time, so basically he is talking out of his ass in those screenshots. I wouldn't take him very seriously anyways, considering most the time he is on, hes drunk.
a simple facade
im in ur base, killin ur buildinz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013, 09:45:53 pm »

The shit talk is bad at times, but in all honesty what game doesn't have people talking like that? I mean it's not like Savage is unique in that regard.

IMO what really drives the newbies away is the gameplay experience and not necessarily the trash talk. Last night I logged onto Leet when there were almost 60 people online. Lots of XR_FirstTimePlayers on both teams. I had joined t2 just as a game on lostwinter was underway. Not surprisingly, beasts got their usual forward sub at the bottom of the hill outside of human base and the game was over in 6 minutes. Now to be fair, humans did have a sneak up and almost took down the lair, but it failed. Even though beasts ended the game quickly, humans at least had a real chance of winning the game, even if it was for a fleeting moment or two.

Things changed quite a bit after that. Next game is on audhumla. At first, it is considered that at least one newbie comm each team and see what happens from there. People were talking about this as the previous game from lostwinter was going on. Eventually that goes to shit as the newbs get replaced with veteran counterparts and the game gets restarted. Apparently the newb comm on humans made a garr right at the monkit patch and the vets were ripping him for that. (I was on t2 this game too, so I just heard what was being said on the chat) Vets stack t1 at this point, though there are still a good number of newbs on each team. Considering audhumla is already a human map to begin with, the result was a massacre. Unlike the previous game where humans were losing bad and still had a chance to win, there was no chance at all for beasts to win here. Pretty much every single newb on t2 quit before the game ended. I think t2 was probably 6-7 people down by the time the lair went down. When newbs are getting owned by flux nets and low ping coil over and over again, trash talk might not be the first thing they're thinking about when they quit. After this game, the server pretty much "died" and returned to normal.

The whole point I'm trying to make here is that it's the difficulty of the game that's turning off the players more than the shit talk is. We can't exactly change the difficulty of the game because that's one of the big parts about Savage, but we can at least try to set up newbs for success so they can come back to learn more instead of creating games where one team farms for 10-15 minutes with temp/rabid pred or flux/coil and keeps new players from ever coming back.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 09:51:44 pm by a simple facade » Logged

Necrofears

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 01:32:57 pm »

yea I'm a jackass so?.... oh this isn't about me, down ego down.

I mean if you don't want to deal with shit talkers on the internet why don't you play.............. (hey anyone got a game with no shit talkers? seriously I just thought thats how kids communicate these days)

oh I know play rainbows and lollypops online... whats that... really, unicorns up the ass you say... nevermind.

on a serious note:

as a vet I generally don't "help" people unless they ask. the reality is that there are a lot fo aliases and many xr_fistimeplayers are in fact vets in disguise. the only real way to know that someone is in fact a true nub is their 4-37 K/D and by that point all your arguments are pointless. the only thing i can really do is make other vets lives miserably annoying as much as possible and let the noobs fight eachother.

APirateHat
XR Advertiser

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2013, 03:46:31 pm »

@a simple facade Yes, of course pretty much every game has people like that but my point is that this game has so less players that having a bad atmosphere might keep new players away.

IMO what really drives the newbies away is the gameplay experience and not necessarily the trash talk.

Yeah, this is also true. The same thing I've heard about Natural Selection 2. Some people don't want to play such competitive game where they have to play 20 hours before they can kill someone. It's not an easy game and some people won't continue playing because of it.

@Necrofears Nice that you came by and showed the bad attitude I was talking about.

Are you scared to embarrass yourself if you try to help someone who then turns out he's nicklaming? "Oh no, it's a nicklamer, my life is over."

And you can usually easily see early on when someone is new, not only on their score. How they move, getting killed by NPCs often, how they can barely hit anything, not buying items.

BREEEWSKY

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2013, 04:26:10 am »

As a current ref and person that enjoys commanding quite a bit, i (as well as many others) know that if you have 1 and/or 2 noobs commanding it pretty much ruins the game, now if no one else steps up to command then so be it but if the teams are more than 6v6 i would venture to say that the game will pretty much be done before it starts. So if there is capable commanders that are willing to command then yes im going to restart the match and get them in com. "Noobies" really should take to the tutorial on commanding and practice on empty servers before jumping in comm fresh after downloading the game. Now w/ that being said im always down for helping out/explaining the comm process and the ideas behind each side, but if the teams are larger than 6v6 there is no time for that. *my 2 cents*

APirateHat
XR Advertiser

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2013, 08:15:09 am »

Yeah, I understand that Breewsky. This also happens on G&G sometimes too and it's fine. Just this time it really annoyed me because of vets sitting in spec and the t1 and t2 was mainly newbies. No one stepped up to command except those new ones and then after the game had started someone complained that their commander was noob. Really? Plus the commander I had wasn't that bad either, he built a pmine sub and a nexus quickly.

Sometimes I think giving some newbies a chance is a good idea, and taking this chance when so many new people started playing and get them more insterested in the game is a good idea.

LazyFly

"Rebuild quick!" "But its so much effort..."

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2013, 08:31:02 am »

i agree, i think that ATLEAST 1 out of 3-5 games should be for newbies to try out com. and bored vets can just shut up and spec if they dont wanna play. seriously.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: