Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 18, 2020, 10:45:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189917 Posts in 10984 Topics by 18457 Members
Latest Member: ronilson25
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Server Forum
| | |-+  Archived (-03.11.14)
| | | |-+  EU Referees
| | | | |-+  Question to admins
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question to admins  (Read 3861 times)
Renegade
Newerth Referees (EU)

View Profile WWW
« on: March 27, 2013, 03:17:02 pm »

Is this allowed?

I didn't wanna take an action ingame as ref, when other people requested me to. Because i thought stats panel was not a server related issue, and kicking is not a solution or an example of how to do handle a statspic.

Is there a way to moderate those pictures? If not you know we can always disable them, which will help preventing more problems.

BTW: Don't mind zodon's gay pms Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 03:19:03 pm by Renegade » Logged

Gridfon
Righteous Scarecrow
Newerth Council

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 03:23:52 pm »

I will be kicking EnglishSlug on sight until he changes that picture. Slug and a few more individuals have previously put a lot of effort in promoting racism online. Right now they have no benefit of doubt in my eyes, not until I forget their previous endeavours. Consider that a personal instant-kick list. As I explained to affeCted, even naming himself "Adolf" might not work with me, as I'm pretty sure what meaning he would put in that very subtle trolling.

*Edited for clarity.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 04:26:15 pm by Gridfon » Logged
Renegade
Newerth Referees (EU)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 06:10:43 pm »

I find your cause right, and I will also be putting myself into the dramafire once again

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 06:18:02 pm »

This is prolly a server thing. Never thought ingame avatars will be used this way tho Tongue.

Groentjuh
Newerth Serveradmin, German Mirror and Webdeveloper
Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 06:27:04 pm »

This story has 2 sides.
English's account is on Newerth's auth server, so newerth could modify that avatar or account. Newerth could remove his avatar or even his complete account!

You as server referee are enforcing rules of the server. If he were to complain, they will end up at the server's admin, who will likely agree with you. But that's up to that server admin.

The question you asked here, is technically one for the server admins. If you asked, can you remove his avatar, then this would be the 'correct' place.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 07:15:31 pm by Groentjuh » Logged

Before adding any of my IMs, ask yourself: Can I ask it in a PM?
Before sending me a PM with questions, Search the forums!
Wanna be ref? Post on my Server Forum
Renegade
Newerth Referees (EU)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 07:20:08 pm »

I wanted to ask it to you too, but i thought the problem itself wasn't serversided, now that you said it is. i'll be enforcing the rules. (Plus rules do not cover for such action but they can be bend for it, under promoting racism is not allowed rule)

Edit: Also, editting his profile picture or statspage is a better solution than kicking a player everytime he logs on. and a better warning/punishment than kick IMO

Gridfon
Righteous Scarecrow
Newerth Council

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 07:39:47 pm »

Also, editting his profile picture or statspage is a better solution than kicking a player everytime he logs on. and a better warning/punishment than kick IMO

We have been through many different variations of racism by now:
  • Posting nazi salute in chat.
  • Posting nazi swastika icons in chat. (Yes, I can tell nazi swastika from other variations of swastika, they were not inventive enough to post other swastikas yet, but I will kick for that as well.)
  • Making "Hey Nazi Referees" bind written in German language with nazi swastika icons around it.
  • Advertising and quoting youtube songs with nazi lyrics.
  • Using names that are extremely similar (e.g. one letter difference) to some nazi wording.

That's just a few from the top of my mind, from the previous 2-3 months, almost entirely by EnglishSlug (and affeCted who is amongst the many people who are highly influenced by Slug and tries to mimic his behavior). But I have seen newerth admins, newerth moderators and G&G referees joining in the fun as well...

A warning has no meaning and will not work here Rene, I would rather promote regular temporary bans for selected players, whenever anyone else brings this topic to the attention.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 07:57:07 pm by Gridfon » Logged
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 07:54:51 pm »

Afaik only DJ, Mohican and Senthryl got access to the ingame accounts database, unless someone else does too on the side. Good luck with that Tongue.

But I have seen newerth admins, newerth moderators and G&G referees joining in the fun as well...

Nooo! Tongue.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 07:58:43 pm by Daemon » Logged

Groentjuh
Newerth Serveradmin, German Mirror and Webdeveloper
Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 08:42:43 pm »

G&G referees joining in the fun as well...
Sadly have to agree with that...

You do not need access to the stats DB to remove someones avatar.
Mohican, DJ(as root) and I(as root) could do it.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 08:48:40 pm by Groentjuh » Logged

Before adding any of my IMs, ask yourself: Can I ask it in a PM?
Before sending me a PM with questions, Search the forums!
Wanna be ref? Post on my Server Forum
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2013, 09:28:40 pm »

Since the deciding factor is obviously someone with the actual power to do it, and only the three of you have the means to, and waiting for DJ or Mohican to do it is unrealistic Tongue, then it's really simple: either just do it or if you're unsure of how you should proceed, start an admin vote about Newerth's stance towards racist, discriminatory, xenophobe, demeaning and otherwise abusive users/avatars.

It's not like any single one of us can do this kind of garbage hauling (up to user banning or account removal) without becoming a prime target for hatespam coming from the misbehaving parties and their hired mouths, unless it's officially backed by Newerth.

Renegade
Newerth Referees (EU)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2013, 09:42:48 pm »

It also happens when a simple ref kick occurs, dae
Btw, Slug changed his account's avatar i heard. I still can't see the difference because i haven't restarted my client i guess

valli
Quack or die!
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2013, 09:47:11 pm »

G&G referees joining in the fun as well...
Sadly have to agree with that...
+1
It also happens when a simple ref kick occurs, dae
Btw, Slug changed his account's avatar i heard. I still can't see the difference because i haven't restarted my client i guess
Last time I checked (~ 1 hour ago) it was a picture of stalin with some russian text under it ...

He who controls the past commands the future, He who commands the future, conquers the past.
Gridfon
Righteous Scarecrow
Newerth Council

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2013, 10:39:15 pm »

Last time I checked (~ 1 hour ago) it was a picture of stalin with some russian text under it ...

Yeah, the picture has Stalin on it and says "We will overcome drought as well!" ("И засуху победим!"). I do not deem it offensive at all, but I am open minded if any other referees will have a different opinion.

And DarkStar, I strongly urge you to contact EnglishSlug as fast as possible and tell him to change his picture to anything that can actually cause some drama! I was entirely sure every single bit of information I write in Moderators boards will leak to EnglishSlug in a matter of minutes and I was not disappointed. When I came online for the first time today, EnglishSlug was nervous enough to jump on me with insults for no apparent reason. Keep up the good work of leaking the information!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 10:42:09 pm by Gridfon » Logged
DarkStar
Evolved Darkness
Super Hero Member

I hate everyone equally.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2013, 11:02:25 pm »

Keep up the good work of leaking the information!

I would say keep up the good work of modding, but you as mod is even more useless then you as ref. As far as "leaking," I simply told him there was a thread about him and he should stop doing what he was doing, but you are welcome to believe what you wish. In the middle of me telling him to cut the crap, he was kicked (for no reason, btw) by rene. Maybe you people should get on the same page with who you are going to kick and for what reason. All of this "Oh, i dont find it offensive so i wont kick" and "i find it offensive so i will kick" is bullshit and causes confusion.

1) Refs should be kicking people for being racist in any way. If one ref is going to kick him for a stalin icon, others should follow suit. If you don't it causes confusion, your fault not mine. If some refs allow slug to use such words, do you honestly think he will stop?
2) If there are refs that allow racism, they should be talked to or be revoked of ref rights. There are people who have ref (tinki) who say they don't even want it and sit around when shit like this happens. The refs on groent has been a discussion for what, 4 years now? The server is as clean as the refs make it. Fix your refs and players will follow suit.

P.S - Rene kicking slug when he was in spec while I was explaining to him why he was wrong for using a nazi icon doesn't make him want to change his behavior.
P.P.S - I asked for my mod rights to be removed a long time ago. If you think I'm leaking info, then take them away.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 11:15:44 pm by DarkStar » Logged

Renegade
Newerth Referees (EU)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2013, 12:47:00 am »

didnt kick him for no reason. i kicked him for the hitler stats pic. how the fuck i were supposed to know i had to restart for slugs stats to get refreshed. i even apologised for it

on a  side note: i warned him before kick. he could have said i changed it or whatsoever

theres no impairity here except the one between us and the ones that defend a racist get away with everything.
btw ds your after kick rage was so immature it got you into my permaignore list though i wish i had that option everywhere else

and pls dont be a hypocrite. he's ur friend. ok. there's no need to act like you are all neutral and reasonable after spitting on refs . wait a second you did  it here too. nicely  done.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 12:48:35 am by Renegade » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: