Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 20, 2019, 05:47:36 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189653 Posts in 10987 Topics by 18241 Members
Latest Member: Abigaiper
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Re-balancing Suggestions
| | |-+  First generation changes
| | | |-+  S34: Workers obey orders even when under attack.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S34: Workers obey orders even when under attack.  (Read 11596 times)
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2012, 03:47:43 pm »

Suggested by: Feathers

First of all its not really a balancing question, its more of a suggestion which makes sense and I don't know where to put it.

The re-balancing suggestion: Workers at the moment when attacked by melee go towards there attacker by default, even when the commander is spamming them to move them away from the apparent danger. This also happens when a worker is not being attacked but close enough to the attacker, it moves towards the attacker in a suicidal attempt to intervene.

1. The precise change you wanna see done, including exact values and item/unit names etc: Just make the worker obey.
2. What triggered it (what is the CAUSE that made you think of something to eliminate that cause): I was commanding and it just looked like it was bug or a really annoying feature of Savage. Some other peopel would agree with me here.
3. The predicted overall effect of your change (its PURPOSE): Less flaming commanders Grin And it would make realistic sense (if you can consider Savage realistic) that workers would obey when damaged and "run" away from danger.

The impact on the game:

4. What will become harder (or easier) to do, and for whom (units, teams etc): Workers wont die as much, most of my points are explained above.
5. Will it make the game harder or easier for newbies (vs. veterans), and why: Easier on the commanders blood pressure, and again points explained above.

The ripple effect:
6. Subsequent changes needed to tone down (compensate for) the effects of this change: N/A or none that I can think of at the moment
7. Other changes, which the current suggestion would benefit from or depends on (so it can work properly): N/A or none that I can think of at the moment

Mr Brightside
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 06:32:14 pm »

I always thought it was coms spamming workers to attack  Cheesy This makes a lot of sense. Would also stop defenders getting irritated that workers are getting in the way  Smiley

Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 11:17:56 pm »

This and the suggestion posted by EnglishSlug, I would like to see implanted into "normal" Savage. After a discussion has started, finished and amended the original idea of course.
The-Leader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 03:49:47 pm »

pfft it'll make it harder for me to break my way into top downsizers Tongue but I think this would be great. Especially early on when someone gets into your base with venomous. It's impossible to get them to run away from the constant damage stopping your walk orders and then afterwards you have to wait for the damage to stop to put them back to work.
lololol
Newerth Referees (EU)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 10:05:46 pm »

I F1 for this during many years already...  Wink

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: