Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2022, 11:34:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190179 Posts in 11018 Topics by 18667 Members
Latest Member: avelesfilho
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Camping is good strategy
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Camping is good strategy  (Read 14130 times)
Bistro
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2007, 01:12:26 pm »

I'm a little at odds with this camping rule. Do bison camp, do gerkats camp, in these cases team effort is used to kill them to pass. Is it because the stat whores get killed or because it makes you mad you cant kill something. I 10 people are in front of a stronghold with pulse cannons shooting at me every time I come into their base are they camping or defending. I guess by eliminating certain strategies that the experienced FPS player cant deal with, the game becomes easier and after all isn't that what we want easy victories, I say we eliminate shield towers, healing spires, wind spires, mortar towers, fire spires and shock towers as well. And about those shamans........  Cheesy
                                                        P.S. Shouldnt killing workers be a crime against humanity?

Voldo
Neighbourhood Rangewhore
Super Hero Member

Oh Dear...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 04:56:48 pm »

I dont see a problem with camping too much - I've used lightning 3 times (once in a clanwar even!) in my Savage career (its been about 2 years now I think). Its a viable strategy that can win games, but it can lose games as well.

PureSavage
great balls of fire!

Fear my ping!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 10:05:32 pm »

Camping is valid, but this is a game where ranged weps don't kill outright and you could soon have an axe/bone swinging terror on your face.

Just depends where on the map and how the team effort as a whole is faring before camping.

EskiMo
Demonic4ever.

The SnowMaN will eat you all!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 11:12:12 pm »

lol :p

Let's destroy the towers !!!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 11:14:03 pm by EskiMo » Logged

PureSavage
great balls of fire!

Fear my ping!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 11:57:57 am »

Counter with shield and balli whoring!.

Bistro
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2007, 06:23:50 pm »

Exactly. Anything thats not exploiting the map is war.  Grin

Domiel

Warrior Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 12:22:27 am »

camped for the first time in like a year a couple of days ago cus commander was really bad, so nothing else to do. And I must say IT WAS DAMN FUN Cheesy
DarkStorm
NSL Administrator

ZZZzzzz.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 10:09:05 am »

Camping is indeed a strategy, it gold starves and keeps hard pushes at bay which is valid when you're fighting for your teams survival. Sometimes it can get gay if say 10 catapults are firing into a choke, but even in this situation the other team does have the ability to counter, it just takes a serious swallow of pride that most players (including myself) are almost always not capable of doing. It takes a complete disregard for weither you live or die.
For example, I have a preset on beasts for this very purpose. Two actually.

The first is for close-combat mass-battles around either flags or garrison/sublairs.
- Scavenger : Blaze, Frenzy, Sacrifice, Firewards (Nicknamed "Skav")

The second is for when there's some serious AoE spam that tears most units to shreads.
- Scavenger : Blaze, Firewards, Storm Shield, Sacrifice (Nicknamed "CataSkav")

These two presets in the hand of an experienced player can easily clear the way through even the most persistant campers when used constantly throughout a game. A couple role-models to this technique are the players WhiteDwarf and DJ. They don't bitch about camping, they just modify their strategy to compensate. But as you can see by the unit and items, it takes a complete disregard for score. Most players like to take their cute predator out with rabid or carn and hunt down nomads, but you can't always do that. And when enough influential people refuse to do it, the "No Camping" rule is created.

I'm not flaming everything, just stating my 2 cents. Cool

I remember on a small map called "x_s", I used the "Skav" preset for the entire game. It was pretty damn hilarious because the human team never managed relocators. At the end, my sadist was about 105 kills and around 40 deaths, with the nearest challenger for sadist at about 35 kills. And 60 of those kills were firewards, with absolutely no buffs. Swilt would've been so proud of me. Rolleyes Nearly every camping balista that crossed my path, died either to blaze or sacrifice. Food for thought.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 10:18:41 am by DarkStorm » Logged

born_to_be_noobish
Smile clan superadmin
Newerth Donator

Found joy in getting owned

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 10:48:35 am »

It takes a complete disregard for weither you live or die.

check Smiley
my stats are 7k kills and 15k deaths orso. I dont give a shit wether i live or die. Except when i did nothing useful in between spawning and dieing. But as long as i do at least one hit of damage, it's starts being ok.

The only times it really annoys me when i die is when i die on a shield-sac attempt, when it's close, 'one more metre and it would have been down'.

Lightning campers are fun! They all s'ck ass in melee. With a bit of sneaking around and luck, you can easily massacre them.
Once, i placed a demo pack in between, blew 3 of those fckers to kingdom come without them ever spotting me. Nearly everything can be countered. But i do prefer a game without lightning campers or cata campers. I myself, i try to move forward. Often, i lead the charge (with me as summoner or balli). If you'd stop trying to kill me and let me be, i'd roll/walk toward the nearest gar/sub and start taking it down.

Once, i died 20 times in a row orso in an attempt to kill the beast defense on 3_castles, if i remember correctly. Demo runs on spires. Preferably unbuffed, so the com can use the buffs for something more useful.

Hawk_Eye
Savage -- The Most Underrated Game in History!

"They Call Me Hawk_Eye!!"

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2007, 03:33:16 pm »

: Well I for one think Camping is excellent, a good way to get more skillfull at sniping etc......  Afro
Mats

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2007, 09:07:51 pm »

Sure, camping can be a good strategy but 95% of the time you would be more use to your team doing something else.

95% of the campers don't camp because it's a good strategy either. They camp because they enjoy pissing people off, it's really quite phatetic. (This only refers to ballista and summ campers)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 11:55:13 pm by Mats » Logged
Shagroth
no u
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2007, 09:32:33 pm »

lately ive been camping a lot with mmbow and lightning, its kinda relaxing doing it once in a while Tongue

Voldo
Neighbourhood Rangewhore
Super Hero Member

Oh Dear...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2007, 09:50:11 pm »

Tbh, for something done in this game, theres always something to counter it.

Except lagging and spamming.

You can't beat those.

hell'
#*~"[?|
Super Hero Member

God is an urban myth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2007, 10:13:35 pm »

Tbh, for something done in this game, theres always something to counter it.

Except lagging and spamming.

You can't beat those.

kick > lagging  | mute > spamming --- there is allways sth to counter  Wink

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. – Friedrich Nietzsche
Belief in the supernatural reflects a failure of the imagination. – Edward Abbey
panda

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2007, 10:26:03 pm »

løl watta shame :p

lately ive been camping a lot with mmbow and lightning, its kinda relaxing doing it once in a while Tongue

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: