Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2020, 05:32:14 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190045 Posts in 11004 Topics by 18532 Members
Latest Member: Aerith
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  General Savage XR Discussion
| | |-+  Bug found (I suppose)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bug found (I suppose)  (Read 3495 times)
Misch
XR Mapper

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2013, 07:42:05 am »

Well I recently created a map which includes xr prop - door_closed (not sure about real name tho). Apparently they are not that closed Tongue Anyways.. after it got uploaded, Amy notified me of this weird bug. I guess it is some kind of model bug or something. Here is the screenshot:

Demo file enclosed

* demo0002.rar (32.41 KB - downloaded 65 times.)
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 08:18:54 am »

It would have been easier to just explain what the bug is Smiley. Also, nobody can run that demo since you're the only one that has the map you're making Smiley.

But if you mean unit model clipping, as in intersecting with other models, in this case the scavenger having his head go through the door, then that's not a bug. The bounding boxes of the models don't extend all the way around the unit models, just around their trunk, no limbs. If the boxes were too large, the units would be easy to hit and they couldn't group together that tightly.

If the bug is the fact that the door allows the scavenger to pass through it (since you did not explain the actual bug), then it is a half bug, because there might be a hole in the door's collision box, but because they were never intended to be as huge as you made it, it wouldn't have mattered. But now that it's scaled up so much, the gap widens. Try using a different door, or rotate it around.

Misch
XR Mapper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 09:10:49 am »

It would have been easier to just explain what the bug is Smiley. Also, nobody can run that demo since you're the only one that has the map you're making Smiley.

But if you mean unit model clipping, as in intersecting with other models, in this case the scavenger having his head go through the door, then that's not a bug. The bounding boxes of the models don't extend all the way around the unit models, just around their trunk, no limbs. If the boxes were too large, the units would be easy to hit and they couldn't group together that tightly.

If the bug is the fact that the door allows the scavenger to pass through it (since you did not explain the actual bug), then it is a half bug, because there might be a hole in the door's collision box, but because they were never intended to be as huge as you made it, it wouldn't have mattered. But now that it's scaled up so much, the gap widens. Try using a different door, or rotate it around.

- the map is online so you can easily run the demo i suppose
- the door is not scaled any horribly much (from 1 to 1.12) (second door from 1 to 1.01)
- yes you can pass trough the door withour any problem

All the different door are okay (half open, almost closed, full open... even "only the door base" <w/o filling>)
Yes and I put 2 doors on that map next to each other and both seems to fail to be closed.

You really think just turning the prop 180 degree would help? Because its pass-able in and out as well.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 09:14:30 am by Misch » Logged
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 10:04:09 am »

If everything else fails, jut place a small blocker inside the door. You can find them in XR_Interactive folder.

Misch
XR Mapper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 07:38:17 am »

Hopefully somebody will reply here.. not like It is bug or something but it really seems weird. Is this normal?

* Untitled-1.png (1333.94 KB, 1280x720 - viewed 149 times.)
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 10:34:14 am »

Yes, it's sort of a bug that ensued when i fixed the foliage stopping bullets. It's because Savage doesn't have the source files for... anything! And importing and re-importing breaks some stuff. But in this case just in the editor. And it's oak_tree_anim, not oak tree. Ingame it won't make any problems tho. You can just use the ones in XR_NATURE: oak_tree, oak_tree_red, oak_tree_yellow.

Misch
XR Mapper

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 10:42:15 am »

I've seen that ingame too at map anvale after first bot update, however since then I did not really notice it anymore, so I guess thsoe newer updates fixed it Smiley Anyways thanks for informing me on this  Afro
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013, 11:59:32 am »

I'll check that map, i didn't see it but with such a lot of oak trees, i might have mistaken it for something else.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: