Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 23, 2019, 07:58:03 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189812 Posts in 10979 Topics by 18370 Members
Latest Member: Dogbreath
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Mapping & Modding Forum
| | |-+  the five path map
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: the five path map  (Read 2212 times)
Necrofears

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2012, 02:52:14 am »

hello all, I have mentioned to a few people my intentions to create a map that has 5 paths in it.

the objective of such a map was to introduce a new element to the game. it is my hope that by introducing 5 ways in and out of the base it would allow both teams to, in some way, maintain an offensive aspect of play rather than going completely turtle.

to that end I have created this template map

http://www.newerth.com/?id=maps&mid=2245

it has no objects other than the standard reference objects the terrain is all tiled grass. I am hoping that this template will be manipulated and changed to make various versions much like what has been done to losthills, bunker, eden, etc.

btw I call dibs on snow_ways as I will be making a snow version of the map.

P.S. OMG occluders are a pain.

P.P.S. the original "concept drawing" for this was done in MS paint and I have attached.

* 5waymapdesign.bmp (60.8 KB, 143x144 - viewed 265 times.)

Tjens
I make maps and stuff
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

GIFMEISTER

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 10:21:50 am »

lots of covered entryways makes sneak gar/cub rushes the only viable tactic

i figure you're planning on making the shape using 300 m high steep walls with some props on the pathways?

Necrofears

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 03:23:44 pm »

there are plans for that. also placed spawn flags in the far corners, as much as sneak subs/gars will occur, they occure in just about every map it's a viable tactic all coms should be aware of.

all in all the idea is that one team can not stop the other from getting out. similarily it will be near impossible to get a omg we need behe tran and chain sac to win defence. this should reward an offensive team at all stages of play.

Necrofears

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 05:22:49 pm »

as an indication of what I was thinking I have completed a summer version of the map

http://www.newerth.com/?id=maps&mid=2247

Necrofears

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 11:14:59 pm »

not sure why but xr_summerway says online status but it's not on Leet US, Leet problem?

Faun
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 12:52:19 am »

so far it's online on Django's London Box. Maybe leet takes a little time to update their map database As far as i know they take all maps that are online onto the server sooner or later.
Necrofears

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 01:01:56 am »

thats whay I thought but leet was the only one I knew that did it automatically, thanks for checking.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: