Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 13, 2019, 06:16:58 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189887 Posts in 10981 Topics by 18429 Members
Latest Member: sajjkk
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  General Savage XR Discussion
| | |-+  Savage XR 1.0 Evolution test game planned on Saturday 18:00 GMT
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Savage XR 1.0 Evolution test game planned on Saturday 18:00 GMT  (Read 8291 times)
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2012, 10:58:40 pm »

Hello.

I'd like to invite players to join a test game running Savage XR 1.0 Evolution sandbox mod, on Saturday evening. There are a few things we need to check before releasing 1.0 to further tweak the list of balance changes we've made.

Thanks in advance and looking forward to seeing you there. Server TBA.

-------------------------------

* Healing tech research costs and duration decreased: buildings, units, abilities, items cost and build time down by 50%.
* Monastery/Sanctuary can be built first, they now do not require Arsenal/Nexus in order to be unlocked.
* Rupture improved: 50% increase in ammo, damage rounded to 90 (compared to tempest's 170), +10% larger splash damage area, 10% bonus damage to all enemies in the area it hits, for each enemy it touches and up to 3 enemies per shot (1=100%, 2=120%, 3=130%).
* Mana Crystal, while still slowly recharging mana when carried, became a consumable. It can be thrown like disruptors, it breaks on impact and produces 3 pickable mana crystal goodies (45 mana refill).
* Sensors are now stackable, max 2 in a single slot. Total team sensors changed from 15 to 16.
* Players carrying Ammo Pack now refill ammo over the 50% limit when picking up ammo boxes.
* Sprinting costs 20% less stamina, for all the foot units of both races.
* Sixth Sense now highlights low HP enemies close by, that are less than 1 melee hit away from death, in addition to revealing enemies just like before.
* Shamans have a 2nd melee combo hit, making them a little more combat worthy.
* Chaplains' potions now increase the mana regeneration rate for friendly units (other chaps).
* The 2 new units (Mech and Glider) have beed completed and fully integrated (models, skills, icons, effects and all).
* Chaplains and Shamans get the 5th slot open for the aquisition of normal items (not weapons).
* 2 new types of goodie drops from killed units: 10% HP for humans, and 20% Stamina for beasts.
* Sacrifice is removed upon entering a spawnpoint. Can't change unit and spawn with sac still on anymore.
* Behemoth hitting a democharge now causes it to explode instantly.
* Behemoth's ability to capture flags has been removed, aligning them with the other siege units.
* Level 7+ legionnaires can now block a behemoth and be left with ~20% HP.
* Blocking a behemoth and surviving has a downside: the lego's speed is reduced by 20% for 3 seconds.
* Nomad's invulnerability after ejecting from a siege unit is removed.
* Ejecting from a siege unit (cata/balli) drops gold for the other team (or the last attacker).
* The gold income siege units receive for hitting buildings has been doubled.
* Siege units killing foot soldiers does not produce goodiebag drops any longer.
* Ballista has been given Sprint, with 50% of the stamina of a non-siege unit.

Faun
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 02:08:46 am »

sounds great, I can promise nothing but I hope things work out so I can participate
Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 08:01:36 am »

I'll come.

Something bad happened and I can't come.  Sad
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 07:20:15 pm by Feathers » Logged
happy
Oschore Breeder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 12:17:06 pm »

I'm in with my lappi. Smiley
Nezzy!

Sexy Much?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 12:29:04 pm »

I shall be attending Smiley

Rio D'Oro
Newerth Donator

NIGHTMARE Clan leader & MPUK stacker @_@

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 12:52:33 pm »

I try to come Smiley
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 06:04:36 pm »

Server: WW Matches 2. In case there will be a password, it's going to be 'evo'.

We should try and play a couple rounds at least on 1 map, and then if there are enough left, try out xr_zone.

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 01:22:02 pm »

Since last time we've had an Evolution test game, people just spammed these 2 new units (being new and all that), i thought i'd explain a little what they're supposed to do in a game. With a little bit of prior knowledge, perhaps the "it's OP!" or "it sucks!" remarks are going to be less frequent Smiley.

These 2 units are literally at the crossroads between normal units and siege units, between melee units and ranged units, between foot units and vehicles. They aren't made to replace any of the current units, neither in firepower or flexibility. Aiming with these units feels rather weird at first and slightly difficult to master, as they're meant NOT to shoot moving targes. Instead, if proper teamplay is used, they should be useful in breaking deadlocks, long ties and one-sided but fruitless attacks, as well as add some novelty to a soon to be 10 years old game.

The Glider

- Has sprint, leap, 1 combo melee hit, 1 mana dependent ranged attack.
- Tier 2 unit reseached at Charm Shrine, 400 stone; costs 6000 gold to buy.
- Siege unit class, massive DPS vs buildings (high rate of fire with full mana).
- Shoots 3 acid projectiles each salvo; has 100m range and it's very inaccurate.
- About 3 salvos needed to kill a lego; the acid poisons both units and buildings.
- Melee damage similar to a higher level pred; can kill monkits in a single hit.
- Can be healed and shielded but not revived; it can't use buffs or buy items.
- Has a very large hitbox, absolutely any weapon can easily kill it in a few seconds.

It is practically useless against units, as it has no 1-hit-1-kill shots. Perhaps it will kill a nomad with a couple lucky shots, but a lego will kill it without ever being in real danger, unlike facing a summ. It is a very mobile siege unit, which will travel very fast and when it's trying to escape, it will be harder to hunt than a summoner, being faster and having about twice its HP. Its short range (half of a summ's) means it will have to be protected while trying to get close to enemy buildings. All in all, a very frail, but nimble unit. But once all the conditions are met and it got in range, the fun starts, as it can take out shielded towers fairly easily, if allowed to do so.

Outside of the main base, it is not much more than a glorified saccer. A glider that's not being attacked can drop an unshielded garrison's HP by 40% with a full mana load, in matter of seconds. However, once enemies spawn, they will surely go down in a heartbeat, so hit and run tactics work better. Using them in packs of 2 or more will wipe out garrisons pretty fast, as this may be their best role yet. Defensively, they could contribute to taking out Mechs and catas, since those are easy to aim at, but nothing more.

The Mech

- Has sprint, block, 2 combo melee hits, ranged canon with 30 shots and splash.
- Tier 2 unit reseached at Siege Workshop, 400 stone; costs 5000 gold to buy.
- Siege unit class, reasonable DPS vs buildings; can walk and shoot simultaneously.
- It is primarily a vehicle, so it only turns with arrow keys, even in melee mode.
- Has 110m range; its canon has an aiming bias, as it shoots from the left arm.
- While blocking (right button pressed) it has 50% damage reduction all around.
- Melee damage a little lower than a higher level lego; can kill monkits in 2 hits.
- Can be healed by chaps but not revived; can't use buffs or buy items; can eject;
- Has a very tall hitbox, it's easy to aim at him; vulnerable to blaze like any hum siege.

This one is a little better against units than gliders, but only slightly. Its inaccurate canon can kill a distant summoner or scav due to its splash, but it has a minimum range (dead zone) close around the mech so it CAN'T BE FIRED at units in melee range. The melee swings are farily quick, but always facing forward, as spinning is impossible and it has a low turning speed. 2 mechs can successfully take out one behemoth, perhaps even before getting in melee range of it.

The humans can use the mech to tank their way in the beasts' base. It can take quite a bit of punishment, when facing the hot zone, being able to block a behemoth attacking it frontally 4 times. Although vulnerable to backhits and blaze due to its low turning rate, it can survive a full mana load of blaze by blocking it, after some practice. Once in range of enemy buildings, it can take on spires on its own, but having a lower siege damage compared to ballis, it should mainly be used as the vanguard of human assaults or to finish off damaged tech. Ballis and demorunners can hide behind it for quite some time before branching off to do some damage. Defensively it should only be used for blocking occasional behemoths or drawing summ fire while teammates move in for the kill.

Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 02:10:07 pm »

how much hp does the mechbot have? Would a sacrifice kill it?
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 02:11:12 pm »

how much hp does the mechbot have? Would a sacrifice kill it?

1500 (balli has 1000). Yeah, sac kills it unless blocked.

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2012, 07:03:04 pm »

Alright, after some slight server misinformation, here are the details.

Server: WW Matches XR
No password.
Version: Xr1.0
Time: Now. :p

See you there! The more the better to test.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 07:38:36 pm by Hakugei » Logged
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2012, 09:18:19 pm »

We've played a nice game where everyone got acquainted to the new stuff, and i'd appreciate some feedback, if ppl aren't that lazy Cheesy.

Human Comm Demo

« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 10:37:42 pm by Daemon » Logged

happy
Oschore Breeder

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2012, 09:19:17 pm »

gg everyone Smiley
My demo.
0zon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2012, 12:12:00 pm »

hey there, hope this is the right place to post this.

I would suggest that you improve the mechs speed when running a bit, and maybe increase the dmg of its gun a bit           (i would suggest you decrease ammo if u do that).

As for the Glider: The gun is simply too powerful against units. I think a shielded lego goes down with 3-4 direct hits. Even if u wont be able to use the glider as freely in a real game, as we did yesterday i still think its op.

However i think you really only need slight changes overall to balance this perfectly. You ve really done a great job including 2 units that are, imo quite balanced alrdy, not much unlike summ/balli. Great work i hope my feedback helps a bit.

cheers
valli
Quack or die!
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2012, 01:52:00 pm »

Sorry for almost fucking it up Smiley

I see my other serveradmins did a good job anyway Smiley

He who controls the past commands the future, He who commands the future, conquers the past.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: