Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 10, 2019, 02:11:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189886 Posts in 10981 Topics by 18426 Members
Latest Member: fimpaljion
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Server Forum
| | |-+  Server Rules: Mining Lair/SH spawnpoints & Beheflagcamping
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Server Rules: Mining Lair/SH spawnpoints & Beheflagcamping  (Read 27130 times)
Hethrep

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2007, 11:18:26 pm »

Hi,

there are two things which in recent games have caught my attention:

• Mining the spawnarea in front of a lair / stronghold - I think this should no longer be allowed, or at least not anymore in an endgame (definition: lair/sh is the only spawnpoint?). While tactical mining of tech etc. is fine, spawnmining is totally unfair and frustrating for the ones who find themselves spawning there, maybe only with a crossbow-wielding nomad, just to jump on a fireward and die. Or can somehow the spawnprotection be extended?
  • Beast repeatedly protected their flag with a certain player who behe-spawn-camped there, this got the player (not com, that is already in the rules) quite a few insults to say the least and various unfriendly votes. Is this a completely legit thing to do or should this maybe be limited?

Any opinions?
hell'
#*~"[?|
Super Hero Member

God is an urban myth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 11:24:41 pm »

well - the behe-flag-camping - normally a player gets warned and then slayed for it (if done again - just slay) [btw. isn't that part of the server rules..?]

EDIT:
7. Players should NOT camp at spawn locations with siege units. Camping suggests that the unit is not attacking and waiting for someone to come close to kill them.

about the mines/wards in spawn areas... hmm - don't think that a rule or fix is usefull / needed
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 12:43:40 am by hell' » Logged

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. Friedrich Nietzsche
Belief in the supernatural reflects a failure of the imagination. Edward Abbey
Mats

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 06:21:37 pm »

There's a rule against siege camping again? Wasn't it removed months ago?

Anyway about the behes at flag thing. Beasts can camp flag with behes, humans can wall in flag with a few towers. I think that makes it even. The only times it sucks is if map is made in such a way that you can't attack a behe camping flag from far away, but then it's a problem with the map and it should be removed or fixed.
Taggi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 06:29:24 pm »

Yea behes at flag sucks but without them its impossible for beast to stop a buffed legio from taking the flag, even with 50towers around it.
Taggi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 06:34:38 pm »

There's a rule against siege camping again? Wasn't it removed months ago?

Yea i wondered about that, if dj or someone can confirm that we can ref against the siege idiots again, high five. Givf ref board again  Smiley
hell'
#*~"[?|
Super Hero Member

God is an urban myth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 06:39:24 pm »

http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/topic,1437.msg24834.html#msg24834

i quoted from this post... so i guess it's an actual rule again.

Taggi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 06:48:28 pm »

Yes I know its in the list, but ex might have copyed from old list and forgot to remove it, but if its back then im sure as hell' gonna start using it   Smiley
Voldo
Neighbourhood Rangewhore
Super Hero Member

Oh Dear...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 06:53:18 pm »

I dont mind the mining of spawnpoints - although it may be annoying to be killed by one when you spawn, this happens too infrequently.

The behe flag camping is (imo) a definite NO. It is possible to stop buffed units using other methods (snare and the like). Nobody enjoys a game where one player behes the flag.

xzor
The Phalanx
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 07:19:18 pm »

As for the mine issue: I think that was fixed in SEP once, where spawning units would be immortal for a few seconds, so they could run away from fire wards. As it was also used so that you can spawn + hit, spawn + hit i guess it was removed again.. no clue how that is a reason, though.

the "SHOULD" in the rule suggests its not really kickable, but it also suggests that its IMPORTANT not to siege camp, else it wouldnt be mentioned in the server rules. So.. what to do? I think slaying would be a nice thing.
hell'
#*~"[?|
Super Hero Member

God is an urban myth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 07:24:18 pm »

yeah - give one or two warnings in public chat to stop the camping as it will result in a slay - and if the player ignores it -> slay

my 2 cents

Notausgang
Map Admin
Super Hero Member

Gnagsuaton

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 08:55:07 pm »

As for the mine issue: I think that was fixed in SEP once, where spawning units would be immortal for a few seconds, so they could run away from fire wards. As it was also used so that you can spawn + hit, spawn + hit i guess it was removed again.. no clue how that is a reason, though.

the "SHOULD" in the rule suggests its not really kickable, but it also suggests that its IMPORTANT not to siege camp, else it wouldnt be mentioned in the server rules. So.. what to do? I think slaying would be a nice thing.
this feature does still exist and can be influenced via a server var. if the time is too short, dj maybe should rise it Wink
Django
Administrator
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2007, 12:23:59 pm »

Hi,

• Mining the spawnarea in front of a lair / stronghold - I think this should no longer be allowed, or at least not anymore in an endgame (definition: lair/sh is the only spawnpoint?). While tactical mining of tech etc. is fine, spawnmining is totally unfair and frustrating for the ones who find themselves spawning there, maybe only with a crossbow-wielding nomad, just to jump on a fireward and die. Or can somehow the spawnprotection be extended?
  • Beast repeatedly protected their flag with a certain player who behe-spawn-camped there, this got the player (not com, that is already in the rules) quite a few insults to say the least and various unfriendly votes. Is this a completely legit thing to do or should this maybe be limited?

Any opinions?

My opinion on these two problems are that trying to prevent them, with refs, will cause more issues than they will fix. Like last time when we had the siege camping rule it was to difficult to enforce, in a fair way and was open to too much abuse by refs. It also caused much bad feeling and animosity. I think we should learn from what happened last time and not have rules that are not feasible to implement.
DarkStar
Evolved Darkness
Super Hero Member

I hate everyone equally.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2007, 08:10:46 pm »

Hi,

Any opinions?

My opinion on these two problems are that trying to prevent them, with refs, will cause more issues than they will fix. Like last time when we had the siege camping rule it was to difficult to enforce, in a fair way and was open to too much abuse by refs. It also caused much bad feeling and animosity. I think we should learn from what happened last time and not have rules that are not feasible to implement.

/agree
Behem Camping sux, but their will always be someone doing it,  no matter what any ref/person does
about it. As for the land mining/firwarding lair/SH...people arent just going to "Stop" doing it. What i do, when beast get wards, or if humans get mines, i spawn with no items and weps, at place i wanna spawn, that way if i die, i dont lose anything, except get 1 score to deaths, which doesnt concern me. Anywasys, it would be A MIRACLE! to find a way to stop behem camping, and warding/mining lair and sh.

tanks
Retired

Abandoned By Shamoke

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2007, 08:24:50 pm »

laying mines at spawn points is about as lame as it gets, it makes players like achilies get higher kills when they franky just suck.

'Its Not about dieing for your country...Its about makeing the other basterd die for his.'
hell'
#*~"[?|
Super Hero Member

God is an urban myth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2007, 08:49:51 pm »

it's more fun to hide the mines at the weirdest places... players get killed by surprise where they don't expect them  Rolleyes

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: