Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 09, 2019, 05:53:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189886 Posts in 10981 Topics by 18426 Members
Latest Member: fimpaljion
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Server Forum
| | |-+  Server Rules: Mining Lair/SH spawnpoints & Beheflagcamping
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Server Rules: Mining Lair/SH spawnpoints & Beheflagcamping  (Read 27127 times)
xzor
The Phalanx
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2007, 06:36:56 pm »

I admit it - i like relos!

and about the disadvantage - only one i can come up with, is the blocked item spot in inventory... other than that i think eX said everything important

just the disadvantage i meant. maybe someone in evo could check if my old post is still in the priv section and copy and paste it?
Mats

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2007, 07:03:08 pm »

Comparing reloc to mine/wards is pretty stupid. Reloc is pretty much vital for humans to have any chance to win(unless mega stacked). It would be nice if reloc had a 3-4 second delay before it took into effect, but removing it alltogether would be stupid. Reloc is nessecary to somewhat balance things with beasts superior movement speed.
Sheeproth
EvO's Mapper!
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2007, 07:50:54 pm »

It would be nice if reloc had a 3-4 second delay before it took into effect,

now that would be stupid ... it will be a case of see beast hit reloc and fire of a couple of shots just in-case you may get a kill. Also would be stupid for carn preds ... it means you are gonna die in melee a hell of alot more than usual

Satan
Bacalhau Z do Pipo

yes, i have a moustache

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2007, 09:48:24 pm »

Comparing reloc to mine/wards is pretty stupid. Reloc is pretty much vital for humans to have any chance to win(unless mega stacked). It would be nice if reloc had a 3-4 second delay before it took into effect, but removing it alltogether would be stupid. Reloc is nessecary to somewhat balance things with beasts superior movement speed.
Agree. Also...
Relocs are usefull because:
- humans can escape fire buffs. beasts can escape electric jumping far away
- humans have money issues, saves money
- with good players, can double humans strenght, as more can attack and go instant back to base to help defend. And beasts usually are more land takers, so it helps
- beasts have heal buffs, humans dont

Mats

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2007, 12:36:07 am »

It would be nice if reloc had a 3-4 second delay before it took into effect,

now that would be stupid ... it will be a case of see beast hit reloc and fire of a couple of shots just in-case you may get a kill. Also would be stupid for carn preds ... it means you are gonna die in melee a hell of alot more than usual

Just make it so that you have to hold the reloc thing in hand during this time, although then the duration should only be about 2 secs. This would make it so you would have to plan it a bit, not just go in melee and reloc instantly 1 hit from death.
Sheeproth
EvO's Mapper!
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2007, 04:23:45 pm »

it would never happen or work ...... ask shagroth about the idea he would say the same as me  Afro

Mats

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2007, 10:37:15 pm »

it would never happen or work ...... ask shagroth about the idea he would say the same as me  Afro

It likely won't happen but it would work when it comes to preventing instant relocing in middle of melee (tap block and reloc).
born_to_be_noobish
Smile clan superadmin
Newerth Donator

Found joy in getting owned

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2007, 11:33:58 pm »

then beasts would have no chance to get the flag as siege, summs cant and behes couldnt either, while both the ballista and catapult have a chance to get it when the players using them exit the siege..

i dont c why beast need siege units that take flags. In most cases, hummies cant hold flags. Hummies need to have strong gar+tower placement to keep a flag. Beast is very good at taking flags.

Sure, u can roll to the flag with a cata and jump out, but u cant spawn cata and defend the flag. While with behe, u can smash most stuff that spawns and retake the flag at the same time. One nomad shouldnt really be problem for keeping your flag as beast. I have tried getting to the flag with a cata (gotta do something when out of ammo or when all the nearby subs/spires are down) and it aint easy. A cata is very easily stopped. A behe too. So both arent great at taking an enemy flag (a behe train on the other is pretty good, but i havent seen much behe trains on flags).

Now when it comes to spawning at a flag to defend it, when an enemy is about to take the flag and spawn massively at it, a cata is worthless. in most cases, u cant hit shit. A nomad can take the flag once, twice at most. If a nomad can retake the flag 3 times with hafl the beast team spawning there, the beast team got seriously pwned. WHile a behe can easily smash nearby defenders and anything that spawns. A cata loses it added value from being a cata when u exit it, a behe is still the big mean nomad flattener.

I personnally dont think removing the flag capture ability from the behe would handicap the beast team.
Beast has carn, which is nice around flags, beast has wind shield which helps alot too and beast has frenzy which also greatly helps. And gates, enableing beast to attack from unexpected directions. And the heal buff.
While humans do have disruptors and mag buff and speed buff and can get cata artillery support on the flag, it seems to be trickier for humans to take the flag and it certainly is harder to keep the flag. You can use mag to take the flag, but then what? often there is alot of beast nearby and the flag doesnt stay human long.

My point being, that while balli's and cata's can defend a flag, they cant hold a flag. While a behe, or 3 behe can easily hold a flag long enough to get at least 1-2 waves of beast spawning there. If u got a behe train spawning from a flag, it's near to impossible to retake that flag. Well, u can retake it, even with a nomad with xbow orso, but u cant hold on to it.

BrownAle
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2007, 02:32:30 am »

Savage is a game about war... who ever said war is fair? The diffrents strenghs and abilitis of the races are the reason this game pwns so much and thats why nothing should be forbidden in this game. And btw i cant remember that a Behe at a flag ever stopped me on the way to Victory  Smiley
born_to_be_noobish
Smile clan superadmin
Newerth Donator

Found joy in getting owned

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2007, 08:47:06 am »

well, if they behetrain from a flag near to your base, there isnt much u can do.

but ofc, any decent behe train is difficult to stop.

Chief_x2

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2007, 12:16:57 am »

Behe Camping. I know that it is bad and refs are either not always playing or they arent bothered. Then you kick someone and you hear all sorts of things.

But a behe capturing a flag is just not right, Human seige does not capture a flag period. Too bad beast cannot spawn from a behe. But as for behe capturing a flag i got 2 ideas.

1.) As no human siege can work on its on, hence it should me made so that Behe should need assistance. Dont get me wrong, the splash damage of a Cata is reduced to make sure its not one killing machine, So, if a behe cant hit something sitting inside its legs, it will make flag campinng a bit impossible. Offcourse more than 1 behe can hit each other and keep protecting but atleast that means their is some tactics or team work involved.

2.) a more extreme soultion, a behe gets a flag and he should die. i know its unfair but thats one solution easily implemented in sep.

EskiMo
Demonic4ever.

The SnowMaN will eat you all!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2007, 08:49:10 am »

That mine/wards rule will make the game easyer -_-

Burnsie
I Follow Orders!

Almost as funky as Boxy

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2007, 01:21:17 am »

Haha I agree with your earlier comment on the first page hell', it's really funny when you nail someone with a cheeky landmine/fireward. I have to say, I do find it kinda irritating when your stronghold entrance is mined, but look at it this way, it's absolutely fantastic when you are the one laying the mines!  Rolleyes
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 01:25:27 am by Burnsie » Logged
hell'
#*~"[?|
Super Hero Member

God is an urban myth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2007, 08:32:24 am »

That mine/wards rule will make the game easyer -_-

It's not a set rule but a suggestion...

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. Friedrich Nietzsche
Belief in the supernatural reflects a failure of the imagination. Edward Abbey
nurizeko
great balls of fire!

Fear my ping!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2007, 12:01:10 pm »

But a behe capturing a flag is just not right, Human seige does not capture a flag period.

I was thinking about this, and originally I was agreed behe camping may be bad, but then I remembered.....Human have hill jumping, range firing artillery peices for seige.

Beast have.....a fragile little summ that gets wasted by one nomad, and a big slow moving target, that is basically useless unless in a behe train at end-game.

As for spawn mining, I dunno.......TBH I personally don't think much of it or the people who do it, but then again thats one guys opinion.

I've taken to taking wards/mines more often, as my only weapons, and placing them imaginatively.

I have found myself getting better ratios, even without a main weapon or melee enchantment.

Its also amazing how many folk run into wards and mines in the open, or how a mine/ward in the open thats being avoided, can catch an enemy or two when their concentrating too much on shooting/fighting a pred.

As for Reloc, In any other game it would be a cheap cheap tactic which would have been patched/modded out ages ago.

Still, reloc doesn't seem to really unbalance the game overall, sure it denies you your kill, but I've never seen a relocced lego somehow unbalance the game suddenly in human favour, if only because, from my own experience, its quite feasible to totaly waste a lego before he even knows what hit him.

I've been dropped dead within the split second its taken for a pred to leap at me, bypass my block, and If I manage to get a swing in, somehow dodge my axe.

Relocs should stay, I take them and I can assure you, unless I play extremely paranoid and reloc at the first sign of trouble, more often then not I get dropped before I can reach for the activator button.

Wards/mines also are a valid tool for the game, they impede the enemy, help sure up the defenses of a choke point.

A well placed mine/ward can be the difference between a lego/pred rampanging aronud a sensitive area of your territory, or a hit sound, a kill message, and a dead enemy soaking up the sun on his back, waiting for respawn.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: