Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 07, 2019, 12:02:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189886 Posts in 10985 Topics by 18426 Members
Latest Member: fimpaljion
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Server Forum
| | |-+  Server Rules: Mining Lair/SH spawnpoints & Beheflagcamping
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Server Rules: Mining Lair/SH spawnpoints & Beheflagcamping  (Read 27117 times)
Voldo
Neighbourhood Rangewhore
Super Hero Member

Oh Dear...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2007, 08:55:46 pm »

it's more fun to hide the mines at the weirdest places... players get killed by surprise where they don't expect them  Rolleyes

born_to_be_noobish
Smile clan superadmin
Newerth Donator

Found joy in getting owned

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2007, 10:28:25 pm »

I prefer to hide the mines too, great fun sometimes, when u down gars with it for example Smiley they run to the back for repair and kabam, no repair and damage to the gar.

man, i got to try to hit them with a mine when they run towards the shield to repair, it would pwn if they blew up the shield by tripping the mine.

Now, the most obvious way to stop siegecamping/spawnmines is to disable that tech Smiley. If it really annoys u, put everything u have on disabling that tech. Usually, if it's the siege that stops you, when u disable it their entire defense falls. Ofc, that might be tricky to do without a nearby flag orso, but it's doable.
If it's a flag in the middle with no buildings aroudn and easy to retake for beast cause of a neraby hill orso, it's not really important to get the flag anyway, cause u cant hold it.
Ofc, sometimes, getting the flag is the key to victory.

Maybe we could change it so that behe cant capture flags anymore? that would fix a big part of the problem.

DarkStar
Evolved Darkness
Super Hero Member

I hate everyone equally.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2007, 10:50:22 pm »

Maybe we could change it so that behe cant capture flags anymore? that would fix a big part of the problem.

that would be an interesting idea

hell'
#*~"[?|
Super Hero Member

God is an urban myth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2007, 06:18:36 am »

yeah - i like that idea as well

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. Friedrich Nietzsche
Belief in the supernatural reflects a failure of the imagination. Edward Abbey
xzor
The Phalanx
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2007, 06:55:22 am »

then beasts would have no chance to get the flag as siege, summs cant and behes couldnt either, while both the ballista and catapult have a chance to get it when the players using them exit the siege..
hell'
#*~"[?|
Super Hero Member

God is an urban myth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2007, 07:00:19 am »

hmm - ok - good point.. didn't think about that (my bad)

DarkStar
Evolved Darkness
Super Hero Member

I hate everyone equally.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2007, 12:47:28 pm »

then beasts would have no chance to get the flag as siege, summs cant and behes couldnt either, while both the ballista and catapult have a chance to get it when the players using them exit the siege..

hmmm...your right there, o well.  Evil

Mats

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2007, 03:18:44 pm »

Just remove mines and firewards from the game, they don't really add very much to the gameplay imo. Sure it's nice to place them on clever places where people will run into them unexpectedly and firewards are pretty handy to spam at flags but overall I think the bad that comes from them far outweights that. 95% of the people who die from firewards and mines are just newbies anyway, might as well let them die some other way then to all the mine/fireward spammers.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 03:20:20 pm by Mats » Logged
OzzO
Shag Pwnerer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2007, 03:24:09 pm »

i dont think these rules would improve the gameplay, just bite your tongue or join a smaller server.

gr. OzzO

Notausgang
Map Admin
Super Hero Member

Gnagsuaton

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2007, 03:31:04 pm »

hum... while we are at removing items fair playing ppl don't like: let's remove the relocator as well Tongue
Sheeproth
EvO's Mapper!
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2007, 03:32:09 pm »

it's more fun to hide the mines at the weirdest places... players get killed by surprise where they don't expect them  Rolleyes

agreed

xzor
The Phalanx
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2007, 04:16:12 pm »

hum... while we are at removing items fair playing ppl don't like: let's remove the relocator as well Tongue

sigh.. people who dislike relocs just never bothered to think about their uses  Huh
Notausgang
Map Admin
Super Hero Member

Gnagsuaton

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2007, 04:32:59 pm »

sigh.. people who dislike relocs just never bothered to think about their uses  Huh
heh... the main use is... a safe escape from enemies? (beast don't have anything as good, and it pisses beast players off to see their prey warp away...)
other uses might be... get back on the map when you jumped down *by accident*, or, very seldom used: trying to confuse beast players by warping around the battle field.

is there another secret use i fail to see? Undecided
xzor
The Phalanx
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2007, 04:57:15 pm »

heh... the main use is... a safe escape from enemies? (beast don't have anything as good, and it pisses beast players off to see their prey warp away...)
other uses might be... get back on the map when you jumped down *by accident*, or, very seldom used: trying to confuse beast players by warping around the battle field.

is there another secret use i fail to see? Undecided

yea you did.. ive explained this plenty of times.. i think i have a thread in the private evo section, dunno if its still there but i once wrote a few lines for the relos, cant really be bothered to rewrite it tho. just think about the following - gold - moral of enemies - flags - sneak garrs - disadvantages (only 1 i could see)
hell'
#*~"[?|
Super Hero Member

God is an urban myth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2007, 05:11:24 pm »

I admit it - i like relos!

and about the disadvantage - only one i can come up with, is the blocked item spot in inventory... other than that i think eX said everything important

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: