Hello. The Re-balancing Suggestions section has been very useful. The discussions, even though sizzling hot at times, proved very helpful. Perhaps unexpectedly so. As a result, a series of suitable balance changes were identified, debated, tweaked and adopted by a group of 5 Newerth admins, based on the insight and ideas put forward by the community.
The gameplay changes have already been added to the Evolution sandbox mod, or are being added as we speak, so they are ready when XR 1.0 is going to be released, very soon. After a period of testing, they'll be added to default mod. The complete list is as follows:
* Healing tech research costs and duration decreased: buildings, units, abilities, items cost and build time down by 50%.
* Monastery/Sanctuary can be built first, they now do not require Arsenal/Nexus in order to be unlocked.
* Rupture improved: 50% increase in ammo, damage rounded to 90 (compared to tempest's 170), +10% larger splash damage area, 10% bonus damage to all enemies in the area it hits, for each enemy it touches and up to 3 enemies per shot (1=100%, 2=120%, 3=130%).
* Mana Crystal, while still slowly recharging mana when carried, became a consumable
. It can be thrown like disruptors, it breaks on impact and produces 3 pickable mana crystal goodies (45 mana refill).
* Sensors are now stackable, max 2 in a single slot. Total team sensors changed from 15 to 16.
* Players carrying Ammo Pack now refill ammo over the 50% limit when picking up ammo boxes.
* Sprinting costs 20% less stamina, for all the foot units of both races.
* Sixth Sense now highlights low HP enemies close by, that are less than 1 melee hit away from death, in addition to revealing enemies just like before.
* Shamans have a 2nd melee combo hit, making them a little more combat worthy.
* Chaplains' potions now increase the mana regeneration rate for friendly units (other chaps).
* The 2 new units (Mech and Glider) have beed completed and fully integrated (models, skills, icons, effects and all).
* Chaplains and Shamans get the 5th slot open for the aquisition of normal items (not weapons).
* 2 new types of goodie drops from killed units: 10% HP
for humans, and 20% Stamina
* Sacrifice is removed upon entering a spawnpoint. Can't change unit and spawn with sac still on anymore.
* Behemoth hitting a democharge now causes it to explode instantly.
* Behemoth's ability to capture flags has been removed, aligning them with the other siege units.
* Level 7+ legionnaires can now block a behemoth and be left with ~20% HP.
* Blocking a behemoth and surviving has a downside: the lego's speed is reduced by 20% for 3 seconds.
* Nomad's invulnerability after ejecting from a siege unit is removed.
* Ejecting from a siege unit (cata/balli) drops gold for the other team (or the last attacker).
* The gold income siege units receive for hitting buildings has been doubled.
* Siege units killing foot soldiers does not produce goodiebag drops any longer.
* Ballista has been given Sprint, with 50% of the stamina of a non-siege unit.
* Worker resource drop relocation to commander chosen drop point.
* Spawn points can be enabled or disabled as resource drop points for workers.
* Fix for sacrifice still going off sometimes after being killed.
While the intention of each change should remain largely unchanged, the absolute values are subjected to further testing. For instance, the slow time after blocking a behe might be changed from the current 3 seconds upon proper feedback.