Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 20, 2019, 05:44:56 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189653 Posts in 10987 Topics by 18241 Members
Latest Member: Abigaiper
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Re-balancing Suggestions
| | |-+  First generation changes
| | | |-+  S27: Workers can be sent to drop resources to specific drop points.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S27: Workers can be sent to drop resources to specific drop points.  (Read 4075 times)
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2012, 07:09:48 pm »

Suggested by: English Slug

I want to firstly point out that this is not a balance suggestion as the board would suggest but a feature which i think is essential, hope i've placed this suggestion in the correct place and feel free to move it if it is not

1. The precise change you wanna see done, including exact values and item/unit names etc.
commanders should have the ability to set a return point (for the workers) for the stone or gold they mined

2. What triggered it (what is the CAUSE that made you think of something to eliminate that cause)
workers tend to return stone or gold to a garrison even if its blocked off by tech for example instead of the SH or a different garrison which is possible to return the stone too

3. The predicted overall effect of your change (its PURPOSE).
less mad comms

4. What will be harder to do, and for which side.
N/A

5. What will be easier to accomplish, and by whom.
Returning stone by the workers for comm

6. Will it make the game harder or easier for newbies (vs. veterans), and why.
no effect

7. Subsequent changes needed to tone down (compensate for) the effects of this change.
no other changes necessary

8. Other changes, which the current suggestion depends on so it can work properly.
N/A

additional info;

a simple button added to the workers which looks like this would be good with redstone and gold on it (click on the button then click on the location to return the resource to;

an example of said problem;

workers return the stone to the inaccessible garrison instead of the SH

« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 03:41:34 pm by Daemon » Logged

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 07:55:24 pm »

This is a perfectly good suggestion. And it's indeed one that involves gameplay changes, since you can now assign different routes to remote worker mining and bases won't have to be made in certain ways to circumvent the issue. Clemens graciously agreed to look into the matter. Nobody likes stoopid workers.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 08:07:22 pm by Daemon » Logged

Riddick

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 08:45:11 pm »

Well this is really a good suggestion. I guess many coms will be happy to hear that Wink
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 08:58:32 pm »

"I'll take a look"
lololol
Newerth Referees (EU)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 10:26:28 pm »

+1

Mr_Matt

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 06:14:39 pm »

savs worker mechanics are very outdated compared to new games,

two things that i really hated when i last commed were:
no rally commands, you cant click them to build an arsenal, then shift click to mine or build a tower

when workers get attacked they spaz out and try to defend themselves even if you are spamming to click somewhere safer like near a tower,
if you play sc2 can you imagine if your opponent sent lings to your natural mineral line, your trying to send them to your base to minimize losses, but they keep trying to attack instead.
also when they are attacked by venom, you have to wait for the dot to finish before sending them to mine again because they will cancel any order when they take damage
very annoying! Angry
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: