Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 27, 2020, 07:15:16 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189914 Posts in 10984 Topics by 18446 Members
Latest Member: el12ro
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Newerth Hosted Competitions
| |-+  Newerth Savage League (NSL)
| | |-+  REQUEST: Unique items for Savage XR NSL clans.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: REQUEST: Unique items for Savage XR NSL clans.  (Read 96198 times)
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2012, 09:06:03 pm »

Hello. Smiley

As you probably know, Savage XR 1.0 provides the possibility to replace pretty much every stock model used ingame by players, with custom/unique ones, with purely cosmetic function. Until the custom items shop is going to be implemented (at an unknown date), the way for clans to obtain such ingame items is by contacting me about it. I would love to assist with making entire outfits/uniforms but since doing that takes a lot of time, even for a professional modeler (unlike myself Tongue), we should start small and work our way up.

1. Armor "parts" (models) that can be replaced: helmets, shoulder pads, belts, leggings, bracers, boots, shields, weapons. As for breastplates (a.k.a. body), we can only replace textures, sadly. Making and rigging new ones is A LOT of work.
2. Unit features: model, skin and a special model called "permanent", which can be used from level 1, for features like a beard, or an axe stuck in the head, or a lizard tail, stuff like that Tongue.
3. Squad models: Officer flags skins, squad flags/armbands skins. These are models which cannot be replaced for others except upcoming NSL winners. Customizing the textures - possible (Flags requests HERE).

Individual players have only 1 way to obtain them, at the present time: by winning competitions hosted at Newerth (like the Duel Cup).

Given the limited manpower we have (me Tongue), for the time being, and the FPS performance and loading times issues, only NSL Clans are currently able to obtain and use unique items ingame, as they are the best way to make sure the least amount of items is used by the highest amount of players possible. All of them are granted the use of 1 or 2 such items, for now, and I invite them to provide me with SERIOUS AND WELL DOCUMENTED model suggestions which i will try my best to produce in my free time. I reckon a combination like shield+weapon, or helmet+shield, would be the best things to start with. Unit skins are reserved as awards for competition winners!

Right. As far as specs go, not hindering the game performance is paramount. Regardless where you got them from, high poly item models and high resolution skins (like unit skins, flag cloths) will not be accepted. Obviously, racist/offensive items won't be either. I reserve the right to alter such items for them to meet the performance expectations.

However, fun clans with a good amount of members are allowed to use custom flag cloths (128x256px), as long as they  have a high-quality design, most importantly, looking like a flag cloth or using such a template. I know i'll become the most hated man alive, if i'm not already there yet Tongue, but I will not accept weirdly looking billboards or otherwise looking out of place designs (no solid color backgrounds, like black, and no green and blue backgrounds allowed).

If you can obtain such models or textures from elsewhere, all the better, if they are low poly and high quality enough, i'll assign them to you and thank you for not having to make them myself Tongue. All i need is for you to confirm that you have the author's approval for use, as i will be removing them in case the creator files a claim of unauthorized use.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 09:23:35 pm by Daemon » Logged

DarkStar
Evolved Darkness
Super Hero Member

I hate everyone equally.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 11:36:21 pm »

I would like a ninja nomad in black pl0x.

Nice thing you're doing here daemon, I'm sure people will appreciate this. Smiley

Shagroth
no u
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 12:58:41 am »

evo set!

Rio D'Oro
Newerth Donator

NIGHTMARE Clan leader & MPUK stacker @_@

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 02:33:09 pm »

As i mentioned in the Flag thread im willing to help designing Flags or other parts for clans Smiley

Riddick

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 03:37:24 pm »

Is it possible to give some unique items for big funclans like ELMO too ?  Afro
Arjey
English's Peasant
Newerth Shoutcaster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 04:09:42 pm »

As you can read?, it's not Wink

Rio D'Oro
Newerth Donator

NIGHTMARE Clan leader & MPUK stacker @_@

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 04:31:22 pm »

For fun clans/one man clans/individual players desiring such items I am suggesting beginning a discussion about the possibility to receive them as reward for donating for supporting the servers expenses which have an enormous deficit. We are unsure how to handle this and we would appreciate feedback from the community a lot.

However, fun clans with a good amount of members are allowed to use custom flag cloths (128x256px), as long as they  have a high-quality design, most importantly, looking like a flag cloth or using such a template. I know i'll become the most hated man alive, if i'm not already there yet , but I will not accept weirdly looking billboards or otherwise looking out of place designs (no solid color backgrounds, like black, and no green and blue backgrounds allowed).

They may get it after donating and after it has been discussed.
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 11:13:01 pm »

This may stimulate you Smiley

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 02:05:20 pm »

I'm making a Costume party pack, with skins for the Savage unit. It will feature (hopefully): a spartan, an Italian chef, a wooden-legged Pirate, a Persian prince, a hooded gangsta, a ninja, an Apache warrior. These will most likely be put up for auction after they're done.

In the meanwhile, @ NSL clans that don't have special items: don't hesitate to post your requests! We will discuss them and i'll get around to making them, but if i don't have the list, i won't be able to add them to my agenda Smiley. I'm gonna start working on NM's axe soon, so they better decide if they want the one they sent me or something else.

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 10:57:28 pm »

NM Axe. Somewhat like the one they pointed me to which is too complicated Tongue.

Diwo_2

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2012, 04:49:03 am »

oh nice  Cheesy Cheesy

i like it Smiley
Faun
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2012, 05:44:06 am »

The claws grabbing around the bladepiece would be epic
 Cheesy
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2012, 09:16:49 am »

Wanted to make it look like their icon a little Smiley.

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2012, 04:36:25 pm »

Looks pretty cool ingame Tongue.

And eoN's axe and shield:

« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 05:36:34 pm by Daemon » Logged

Faun
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2012, 08:19:25 pm »

great!  Afro