Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2019, 08:43:31 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189832 Posts in 10996 Topics by 18305 Members
Latest Member: ertre
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Newerth Hosted Competitions
| |-+  Other Competitions
| | |-+  Savage World Cup (SWC)
| | | |-+  Rules and Regulations
| | | | |-+  SWC 2012 Rules
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SWC 2012 Rules  (Read 16270 times)
Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2012, 06:29:47 pm »

If teams are still on par, the team with the smallest roster wins.
pls no

Ok, the team with the largest roster will win. Tongue

That's like the 3rd tiebreaking criteria. Do you think it'll go that far? Not to mention Nemesis has to decide which rule he keeps: the one with drama and reschedules (13) or the simple one (22).

13 is fairer
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2012, 07:40:05 pm »

How about the delays on all the games because of draws... this is a league, draws should just be draws.

Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2012, 08:17:16 pm »

How about the delays on all the games because of draws... this is a league, draws should just be draws.

and in any sport or competition, the team with the fewest players DOES NOT win by default

+ a draw is a draw yes. Rule 13 deals with the if, if there's 2 teams vying for the same spot, it wont cause any delays to the league its self, because they're played after the league has finished.
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2012, 08:56:42 pm »

and in any sport or competition, the team with the fewest players DOES NOT win by default

In any sport or competition, you're not allowed to bring more than a pre-set, equal number of players to a tournament. You don't see UK bringing 28 players to Euro 2012, where Netherlands brings 16. Everybody has 22, that's why they don't use this sort of tiebreaker.

On the other hand, in boxing, in case of a split decision, the fighter weighing the least wins. The translation of this is: the entity who started with a physical disadvantage but managed to perfectly draw the match, deserves to win.

Dare to disagree with me. You'll get a permanent F1 from me.

P.S. You keep ignoring the fact that this is the 3rd criteria in line to decide the occupant of a certain place in the ladder.
1st: The total number of points.
2nd: In case of equal points, whoever has won the most rounds
3rd: If it's still a draw, whoever had the least players

You're complaining about a situation that will never happen, but you're not complaining about having twice the number of half the teams.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 09:01:31 pm by Daemon » Logged

Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 09:09:05 pm »

Dare to disagree with me. You'll get a permanent F1 from me.

Its 23 players not 22

In any sport or competition, you're not allowed to bring more than a pre-set, equal number of players to a tournament. You don't see UK bringing 28 players to Euro 2012, where Netherlands brings 16. Everybody has 22, that's why they don't use this sort of tiebreaker.

Indeed everyone has a preset number, but there only allowed to play 11 at a time, same in a Savage match, each team equals the other. 11 v 11 as an example, regardless of the player pool they originally had to pick from.

On the other hand, in boxing, in case of a split decision, the fighter weighing the least wins. The translation of this is: the entity who started with a physical disadvantage but managed to perfectly draw the match, deserves to win.
That's Boxing this is Savage
ENvIouS

Fly with me...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2012, 09:09:54 pm »

Oh god Daemon we can already see the whiners on the horizon, before the exhibition rounds have even started! Imagine the finals, a huge argument right in front of djWHEAT. He even said our community was the shit!
My new slowgan for the tournament.PLAY LIKE DJWHEAT / GOD IS WATCHING
 Tongue

On the other hand, in Competitive Mariokart (yes that is a thing) the team with the greatest lag wins on triple tie-breaker. Same thing with Quake, if I remember correctly.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 09:11:57 pm by ENvIouS » Logged

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2012, 09:16:51 pm »

Indeed everyone has a preset number, but there only allowed to play 11 at a time, same in a Savage match, each team equals the other. 11 v 11 as an example, regardless of the player pool they originally had to pick from.

This is not the qualifying phase, where you got a country to pick from. This is it, the tournament providing the name of the winner. When everyone should have the same number of registered players out of which they pick the same number of players attending.

Or it will only benefit the big teams. Which, after all the advantages they possess, still complain about an unlikely event like the 3rd tiebreaker criteria deciding the occupant of a random place :/.

But how stupid of me to believe there's an ounce of fair play still left in you.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 09:18:56 pm by Daemon » Logged

H3027
Newerth PR Manager
Legendary Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2012, 10:49:20 pm »

Just let duels decide who wins the 3rd tie breaker. Each country picks their best duelist and they will duel 20 with each race, 40 duels in total. For USA and Brazil I'd suggest the same rules as for the regular matches: Humans play on the low latency side, Beasts with high ping.

First Witch: When shall we three meet again / In thunder, lightning, or in rain?
Second Witch: When the hurlyburly's done, / When the battle's lost and won.
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2012, 11:10:26 pm »

Watch someone recruit Bobbe just for the duels.  Grin
Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2012, 11:33:43 pm »

Just let duels decide who wins the 3rd tie breaker. Each country picks their best duelist and they will duel 20 with each race, 40 duels in total. For USA and Brazil I'd suggest the same rules as for the regular matches: Humans play on the low latency side, Beasts with high ping.

again unfair
Scandi/Germany would rape anyone at duels if it was to come to this. Austria included if Bobbe is to join in.

Yes a rematch does mean playing another 2 matches. But until you come up with a better way, stick to the fairest route.
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2012, 04:07:52 am »

A tiebreaker is a criteria for awarding a winner in a situation of perfect draw. How is it not fair, that when a team with half the player pool of its opponent manages to get the same points and rounds as the big team. Doesn't that mean they had used their resources more efficiently, therefore deserving the win?

Let's use a real fact as example. You're familiar with the 300 Spartans, i assume. What if, after months, neither the Spartans, nor the 100.000 Persians managed to destroy their opponent and they're at a stalemate. Who is the actual victor, in this predicament, by achieving more, with less resources?

And don't tell me THIS IS NOT SPARTA! Smiley Because if after 10 games, Poland's 15  manages to tie UK's 28, then indeed it is.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 04:10:05 am by Daemon » Logged

TheRookie
TheRookie - The one and only

TheRookie Ain't no ordinary rookie

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2012, 06:54:02 am »

Watch someone recruit Bobbe just for the duels.  Grin

lol usa will recurit bobbe Smiley
Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2012, 01:43:30 pm »

A tiebreaker is a criteria for awarding a winner in a situation of perfect draw. How is it not fair, that when a team with half the player pool of its opponent manages to get the same points and rounds as the big team. Doesn't that mean they had used their resources more efficiently, therefore deserving the win?

Let's use a real fact as example. You're familiar with the 300 Spartans, i assume. What if, after months, neither the Spartans, nor the 100.000 Persians managed to destroy their opponent and they're at a stalemate. Who is the actual victor, in this predicament, by achieving more, with less resources?

And don't tell me THIS IS NOT SPARTA! Smiley Because if after 10 games, Poland's 15  manages to tie UK's 28, then indeed it is.

The saying Quality not Quantity applies. A team of 10 Shagorths and a team of 18 TheRookies, and TheRookies manage to draw, does the Shagroth team deserve to automatically win, when a team of TheRookies manage to draw against them? No.
Dervun

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2012, 01:47:16 pm »

A team of 18 is more likely to have 10 Shagroths, than a team of 10.
Guess why Luxembourg never had a good football team Wink
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2012, 03:48:50 pm »

The skill of players is not quantifiable, everything else is. Skill has a whole 10 games to make a difference. When the result is a perfect tie, then it's time for tiebreakers to kick in. And tiebreakers rely on numbers.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: