Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 14, 2019, 12:32:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189878 Posts in 10981 Topics by 18416 Members
Latest Member: himpaskio
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Other Games
| | |-+  Tribes: Ascend (F2P)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tribes: Ascend (F2P)  (Read 11519 times)
Zackorrigan
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2012, 03:55:18 pm »

i never played to an other tribes before, and i enjoyed tribes ascend during... 4 weeks. They always add new weapons really hard to pay with ingame money, and all this weapons are overpowered at start and after they nerv it to bring an other new weapon. And since when an open beta get things to buy? And i find that's lame because with 1 unit you can do 1 action, if you're pathfinder you can only cap flag, if your heavy you can only be hof, if you're sniper you have to kill guy who capture the flag, if you're ingenior you have to defend base... so basic teamplay.

gold9999

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2013, 08:51:51 pm »

I posted this on hirez forums, community dont liked it, i dont wonder why.

Edit post Reply with quote
Post Suggestion/rebalance ideas+ veteran friendly
1.I suggest that blueplates/air mails should deal 2x direct damage.(i.e. soldier spinfusor deals 900 damage, but in the air it should deal 1800 damage)
Why? Because most players try to get cheap kills- using automatic weapons, choose to delay 2 seconds until target land down to make groundshot (instead try to luck to shoot midair), and weaker/newer players who want to learn midairs is in great disadvantage (they miss mostly). Also it would be rewarding for tribes veterans.
2. All weapons/all belt items/all pack items shall be in one sack. Player should choose all items freely without any retridictions. i e soldier could take jackal+plasma gun+land mines.
In case to avoid lower tier items extinsion (its logical:everyone would take devastating spinfusor and no one dueling spinfusor), there should be put weight limit.
Explanation
For example: lights have 70kg/medium 100kg/heavys 130kg limit
Usage example: light spinfusor 35kg/ medium spinfusor 55kg/heavy spinfusor 70kg weight
Free to fullfill inventory/free to skip some parts example: heavy bolt launcher(55kg) +gladiator (40kg), pack -skipped-, belt -skipped-. So it means 60kg+35kg=95kg . Equipment weight is 95kg if player do not pick up extra belt/pack. This design (95kg) would fit for mediums and heavys only, because lights overrun capacity.
3. I suggest to add new perk "Quick reload"
Reduces reloading length by 25%
Level 1 reduces +10%
Level 2 reduces +10%
Level 3 at inventory station 50% faster reequipment
4. If my idea number 2 will be confirmed, i suggest to add new perk "Potential space"
Add extra 7kg space to your inventory
Level 1 extra 5kg
Level 2 extra 5kg
Level 3 extra 5kg
5. 1998 tribes graphic, ability to choose as OPTION in settings menu.

Livestream and mainstream is my two most hated words.
Zackorrigan
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2013, 12:26:10 am »

middair shoots actually makes more damage, because when you shoot on the ground the guy will have area damage, and when you shoot on him directly you will have direct damage.
for me the problem is some weapon overpowered like the new x1lmg (jug weapons) . i saw many people making sadist without any more skills but just because of this weapon

gold9999

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2013, 08:26:07 am »

middair shoots actually makes more damage, because when you shoot on the ground the guy will have area damage, and when you shoot on him directly you will have direct damage.
for me the problem is some weapon overpowered like the new x1lmg (jug weapons) . i saw many people making sadist without any more skills but just because of this weapon

Depends how accurate you hit on ground. For example soldier spinfusor.... in air it hit 900, on ground:: if targer is no more far then 1metres it also hit 900, if target is far from hit 5metres it hit something 400.
In other words, you can get very accurate groundshot and still hit maximum damage as in air. But to perform midair is very difficult.
For me problem is automatic weapons/semi automatic like assault rifle/eagle pistol/coils/chains.
They are pain in the ass, and unfair vs spinfusor players.
Not to mention community have low skill, so they often do 3vs1. Repairing base turrets and hiding under them. Using autos all the way. Also HP regen escapes alot noobs lifes.

I more interested to play arena, but there isnt better. Arena shall be place to demonstrate tribes skill, but no. Bunch of lamers using autos till the hell or just spam groundshots together. Its pathetic, get kill by autos is SOOO cheap, its unsatisfying kill at all.

Zackorrigan
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2013, 10:09:56 am »

yeah autos doesn't disturb me on capture the flag but it's true that it is pretty lame on area, but sometimes i've luck and nobody use it.
Btw if you like the spinfusor and hate autos weapons you should buy shootmania. You only have 3 weapons in the game and the one that all player use is some sort of spinfusor without area damage and who can shoot 4 shoot before reloading. And life system is pretty easy, you have two life point each shot make you lose 1 life point. the only problem is that you've to pay for it:p

gold9999

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2013, 11:43:02 am »

I just want new tribes remake, this f2p model somehow makes game not fun.
And gaylo graphic makes it too mainstream.

H3027
Newerth PR Manager
Legendary Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2013, 05:09:51 pm »

If you're looking for a great shooter where the f2p model has zero influence on the gameplay, go and play QuakeLive. The gameplay is pure and smooth, fast paced and very tactical at the same time and the graphics minimalistic. Recently a friend of mine (which usually doesn't play video games at all) started playing it. He loves CTF, there were plenty of servers at his skill level. Seriously, why don't you give it a try? If you like the oldstyle shooter gameplay, this is the way to go: http://www.quakelive.com

First Witch: When shall we three meet again / In thunder, lightning, or in rain?
Second Witch: When the hurlyburly's done, / When the battle's lost and won.
gold9999

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2013, 09:46:56 pm »

If you're looking for a great shooter where the f2p model has zero influence on the gameplay, go and play QuakeLive. The gameplay is pure and smooth, fast paced and very tactical at the same time and the graphics minimalistic. Recently a friend of mine (which usually doesn't play video games at all) started playing it. He loves CTF, there were plenty of servers at his skill level. Seriously, why don't you give it a try? If you like the oldstyle shooter gameplay, this is the way to go: http://www.quakelive.com
Yes! I dont remember for what reasons i have abandoned it, but this shooter have really well features. For example:
No stop power.
No camping power.
No autos.
No more 15 FPS.
No WoW/LoL/CoD layout.
No quickscope.

H3027
Newerth PR Manager
Legendary Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2013, 09:58:14 pm »

Yes! I dont remember for what reasons i have abandoned it, but this shooter have really well features. For example:
No stop power.
No camping power.
No autos.
No more 15 FPS.
No WoW/LoL/CoD layout.
No quickscope.

Set up the right FOV (105-120), mouse sens and force the bright green model on all opponents in the game options (green is the color our eyes see the fastest), find your favourite game modes and maps. Enjoy Quake Live!

PS: As long as you are skill ranked tier 1-3, you'll have fun. I figured, as soon as you get ranked tier 4 (the highest) you'll have a hard time because high tier 4 players can be sometimes like 3 times better than low tier 4. There would need to be a tier 5 server, but servers would be empty otherwise. Anyway, this won't be a problem for you, since improving at Quake Live from tier 1 to tier 4 will take weeks or even months.

First Witch: When shall we three meet again / In thunder, lightning, or in rain?
Second Witch: When the hurlyburly's done, / When the battle's lost and won.
gold9999

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2013, 09:27:25 pm »

If anyone want to heal tribes franchise, please spam my comment in entire hirez forum, maybe those money whores will hear.

I disagree that it is starsiege tribes remake.
At first view it was supposed to attract tribes veterans, but thats wrong.
 Tribes ascend was supposed to attract this kind of players:
  1.Halo community: its very common, if gaylo player sees tribes, he may say "what a cheap halo rip-off". Thats because of halo textures and atmosphere, halo players do love tribes graphic and autos like gast rifle/nova colt/shotgun.
  2.Call of duty community: these xbox users, put all efforts to achieve every stupid achievement, not to mention they would even discard house to get killstreak.(im talking about badges/accolades)
  3.Battlefield 3 community: massive maps, few vehicles, light purple blurr all the time (please note: bf3 have cyan blurr--entire screen--, to make game more "exciting", so ascend copied it too)
  4.Team fortress2 community: class based system, player opportunities ends here. Pathfinder=scout, technician=technician, heavy guy=doombringer, and so on. Just like in tf2, so excatly in ascend, everyone is limited in their small niche.

As you guys understood, hirez tried to unite Halo+CoD+BF3+TF2 players, and of course, some typical F2P scums.
  Everyone is happy, but real tribes players cry again.
  Hirez please fix the franchise or give rights back to sierra, or whatever owner before was.
  If intended to listen, i will tell what is BAD/TO DO with T:Ascend ::
-instant HP regeneration must be removed.
-auto's a.k.a. hitscanners must be removed.
-"bad graphic" (1998) to choose in option, to run game smooth.
-use standart character textures(1998), ascend is stupid, it looks like transformers.
-boost jetpack power, very important to heavies, they even dont lift.
-allow completely free loadout customization, friendly say-ascend have no customization.
-remove class based gameplay, there should be only 3: light/medium/heavy.

I said everything. Casual players players please dont talk.

Enliven
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2019, 12:03:59 am »

it's all about slamming into rocks:
youtube.com/Vyatalisk/videos

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: