Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 07, 2019, 11:21:51 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189885 Posts in 10984 Topics by 18426 Members
Latest Member: fimpaljion
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Newerth Hosted Competitions
| |-+  Newerth Duel Competition (NDC)
| | |-+  Season Two (Locked)
| | | |-+  Feed back (HvB)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feed back (HvB)  (Read 5110 times)
Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« on: October 24, 2011, 10:43:23 am »

this is HvB related only.

Anyone can post what there thoughts within reason.

-is 20 duels per race enough? (more needed?)
-how was the competition style? too long/short? maybe a different type of competition like group stages and a ending tourney? or a league?(will have to be manual though and in a a specific time slot)

Post anything you think that could improve it.
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 01:33:00 pm »

20 per race seemed fine (even perfect considering how close some duels ended).
Competition style was okay, same feedback as I gave for HvH.
Only problem I had was that players were so darn slow. The competition should have ended a month ago (according to your 3-day plan). Should think up a better plan to deal with this issue to ensure things go by quicker.

(I will get Bobbe to post here as well, just like in the HvH thread.)
Bobbe
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 09:10:18 pm »

I've already written everything that came to my mind in the HvH thread so no further suggestions from my side so far.
Thanks to everyone involved, it's been fun.
Zaitev
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 07:28:19 pm »

I agree that it should all be a lot quicker. I didn't participate myself, but I was closely following it until about a month ago. It all took quite a while and I lost interest over time.
Otherwise the system seems great to me. For HvB, 20 duels per race is just fine and the double elimination works well.

I wonder if there will be shoutcasts soon. If not, it may be a nice idea to attach demos to every match on Challonge (it seems to be possible). This could be done right after every match and would make it easier to have fun with the competition besides the duels you're in yourself, and of course for those who aren't participating but are interested anyway.
Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 08:42:28 pm »

I wonder if there will be shoutcasts soon. If not, it may be a nice idea to attach demos to every match on Challonge (it seems to be possible). This could be done right after every match and would make it easier to have fun with the competition besides the duels you're in yourself, and of course for those who aren't participating but are interested anyway.

Do-able but I need to be sent demos first
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 09:06:51 pm »

All Bobbe's duels are on Olderth Demo Repository (do you have access, Feathers? talk to Tirza either way).
From what I know, Tirza will be casting it with her little shoutcast group sooner or later.
Shagroth
no u
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 02:38:35 pm »

everything on 1 day, on a sunday would be best with a person that keeps track over duels and gets shit done
should be done in like 3 hours, with like 1-2 weeks prepare time to get your schedule cleared etc.

Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 03:05:26 pm »

everything on 1 day, on a sunday would be best with a person that keeps track over duels and gets shit done
should be done in like 3 hours, with like 1-2 weeks prepare time to get your schedule cleared etc.

This with allocated time slots would work(1 hour), starting from 16gmt-20gmt

This could work with a double elimination or league style
Zackorrigan
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 11:24:39 am »

I agree with shag, i find lame all this new rules first duel competition was easier, on all duel server and just record demo,  i think that we did'nt need more. I just give my point of view don't blame me for this

Shagroth
no u
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 07:30:25 pm »

could have some person streaming the entire event with commentary live. (tirza?)

saving people the time to look at every single demo after the event, besides everything is more exciting live.

UnSaFe
Lifetime fan of Crom
Newerth Donator

ex-troll

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 11:27:08 pm »

Dibs on the commentary spot.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: