Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 07, 2019, 11:07:37 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189885 Posts in 10984 Topics by 18425 Members
Latest Member: eoqikekf
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Newerth Hosted Competitions
| |-+  Newerth Duel Competition (NDC)
| | |-+  Season Two (Locked)
| | | |-+  Feedback (HvH)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feedback (HvH)  (Read 4447 times)
Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2011, 08:46:00 pm »

this is HvH related only.

Anyone can post what there thoughts within reason.

-is 40 enough duels?
-how was the competition style? too long/short? maybe a different type of competition like group stages and a ending tourney? or a league?(will have to be manual though and in a a specific time slot)

Post anything you think that could improve it.
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 09:14:33 pm »

40 duels seems too much, actually.
I've heard duelers and spectators (though, those don't matter as much) be dissatisfied with having to do so many.
They usually take forever (longer than HvB) and become repetitive quickly.

Single elimination was fine. League allows players to duel more in advance, but at the same time makes it more annoying to contact inactive players (see last duel comp). So it could go either way.

And, I still believe completing the whole tournament in a weekend might be worth trying. But you knew that. :p
Bobbe
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 02:45:00 pm »

Playing 40 duels was fine - although anything above that would have probably been too much.

Since I had my manager take care of everything I don't even know how exactly the system worked, but it could have most likely been sped up by applying a mechanism such as this one:

- Participants of an upcoming duel have 3 full days to conclude their duel.
- Otherwise, on third day, the duel will be held at a given time and participants who don't show up at this time will be disqualified or put into the losing bracket. (An admin has to be present on the duel server at that time)
- Other rules such as "During the first two days, participants have the right to request an extension of the deadline up to one week and must state the reason for their unavailability" can be added.

...however, this mechanism might be harsh on admins.

Here's another idea:

- There are 3 "duel days", one each week. (Namely, a reserved time span of at least 3 hours each)
- All participants are encouraged be present on those days and must be present at least once (or twice, depending on the rules).
- As many duels as possible are fought during a "duel day"  (Hypothetically speaking it would be possible for the competition to reach conclusion in one day)
- Remaining duels, if any, will be fought at a later time, using a different mechanism.

...however, this mechanism might be harsh on players.

As far as I'm concerned, I'd rather duel the whole day than be responsible for contacting/searching for my opponent.
Yet thanks to my manager I don't have anything to complain about this time around Tongue Well done.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 03:08:28 pm by Bobbe » Logged
Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 10:42:12 am »

Could some more people post here please Smiley
KQ

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 03:05:13 pm »

So...it was nice to play once again HvH...but i played second game vs bobbe...really nice...i just played twice Duells....that was really boring..next time make a loser competition. all which losed in the first rounds get a new competition, which they can play vs other losers..
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: