Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2020, 03:24:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190045 Posts in 11004 Topics by 18532 Members
Latest Member: Aerith
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Savage XR Videos
| | |-+  Gaming new skills
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gaming new skills  (Read 3043 times)
gold9999

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2011, 08:49:55 pm »

I played savage for a month, playing normal, fun game.
But as i see everywhere it says that savage xr is pure skill based gameplay, is it true that if i perfectly play savage,i have good sucess in any other fps/hack&slash game?

Livestream and mainstream is my two most hated words.
Aneurysm
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 02:17:38 am »

I played savage for a month, playing normal, fun game.
But as i see everywhere it says that savage xr is pure skill based gameplay, is it true that if i perfectly play savage,i have good sucess in any other fps/hack&slash game?

Assuming this isn't a bot or a troll post.

While many skills are somewhat translatable it is like asking if you are good at football, will you automatically be good at tenis. General athleticism can go a long way to giving you a higher standing in another sport code but it won't automatically make you an expert. In the same way, becoming great at savage will teach you a handful of skillsets that can be carried over to other titles, such as a general understanding of how to aim, tactical combat, twitch reactions, leading targets and snap firing, it won't however mean that you still won't have to learn and understand each new titles physics, mechanics and game play rules.

-Mein-
The One and Only
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 05:54:47 pm »

Why is this in XR Videos? Just wondering.

Savage will train your reactions and percision with mouse, just like counter strike or any other games will. Still There are alot of specific things in savage.

H3027
Newerth PR Manager
Legendary Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 12:20:11 am »

Yes, mastering Savage XR will give you quite an advantage in other action/HnS and FPS games.

The key difference between modern FPS (war simulations) and Savage XR is that XR isn't reduced to headshots with insta-projectiles for all weapons, i.e. games like Savage require something that's worth being called a "combat system".

In FPS mode you have weapons without aiming restrictions - that support skill in any situation and don't require camping for maximal precision, just for the sake of realism (i.e. you precicley aim at a nomad being 300 m away while flying in the air with 300 km/h). Compared to modern FPS where weapons just differ in damage, accuracy, fire speed and aiming restriction, Savage XR has additionally different projectile ballistics, projectile speed, splash damage, projectile life time. For surge/flux/blaze/pulse you need tracking skills (since it doesn't kill instantly), for discharger, crossbow, frostbolts, scattergun, coil, tempest, bow etc you need good timing/prediction and aim since the fire rate is so low.
Tracking skills are hard to improve and not really needed anymore in contemporary shooters. Weapon timing/prediction isn't intensively needed either since most weapons in modern shooters have a high fire-rate and insta-projectiles. If you play TF2, UT, Quake, the Savage XR FPS mode will certainly help you to improve quite a lot. For the other FPS games you'll improve just the aim, but you can do that in any shooter.

Secondly Savage XR has a combat system that is all about timing, positioning, reaction, prediction, precision/speed aim, health/stamina management weapon/item switch and pattern analysis. Which is hard to master and mostly specific. You will be able to use the experience in timing, reaction and mouse work in other Hack and Slash games too - unfortunately there are not many decent alternatives though. Timing, reaction, precisio,n weapon/item switch, health management and speed aim will be useful for shooters too.

Thirdly there is the commanding and teamwork part which requires a lot of experience and intuition. The mayority of that experience can't be used for other games.

In a nutshell: Savage XR is a hard and unforgiving game. While being experienced at other games may help you to improve faster at Savage XR, you'll still have a hard time mastering the game, since the game requires a diversity of skills - which are usually quite unique. Being good at Savage XR on the other hand will help you to improve a lot on pretty much any action/FPS game due to the diversitiy of skill requirements. Savage XR has everything.  Grin

First Witch: When shall we three meet again / In thunder, lightning, or in rain?
Second Witch: When the hurlyburly's done, / When the battle's lost and won.
The-Leader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 12:18:14 pm »

Secondly Savage XR has a combat system that is all about timing, positioning, reaction, prediction, precision/speed aim, health/stamina management weapon/item switch and pattern analysis.

Way to make savage sound ridiculously complicated! A decent pc and low ping are very important too if you're looking to do very well.

Thirdly there is the commanding and teamwork part which requires a lot of experience and intuition. The mayority of that experience can't be used for other games.

I disagree big style here. Strategy games are all very similar and being very good at any RTS will help you be good at commanding in savage and vice versa.
kingwesley(WILLY)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 12:36:30 pm »

Savage is an awesome game but still damn hard, so just keep continue playing and you'll improve with time!
Just don't quit and try to have fun Smiley
Good kills man.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: