Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 24, 2019, 09:36:05 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189665 Posts in 10986 Topics by 18250 Members
Latest Member: rugtabazf
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Re-balancing Suggestions
| | |-+  First generation changes
| | | |-+  S22: Human Siege units move faster the less ammo they have
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S22: Human Siege units move faster the less ammo they have  (Read 3420 times)
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2011, 09:21:09 pm »

Suggested by: Renegade

1. The precise change you wanna see done, including exact values and item/unit names etc.
Human siege, moves faster as it loses ammo. I know there writes exact values, but since i can't test such thing by myself i'm giving you these example percentages: %2 for ballista, %3 for catapult.

2. What triggered it (what is the CAUSE that made you think of something to eliminate that cause)
Human siege units are way too slow this is the main reason, and when you're out of ammo you have to eject and go back to nearest spawnpoint. To save time, you lose 7500/4000 gold which is not small at all in a pool of 50000.

3. The predicted overall effect of your change (its PURPOSE).
It's purpose is of course encouraging more players to use siege-unit.Being realistic aswel,. The more weight you lose the faster you can move.

and it'd make uses of human sieges much tactical. Example: to reach enemy base faster, you waste half of your ammo at your base.

The impact on the game:
4. What will become harder to do, and for whom (units, teams etc).
I don't think anyone will prefer siegecamping just because you let them move %30 faster when they're out of ammo. But this remains as a possible side-effect.

5. What will become easier to accomplish, and by whom.
I think humans will less gold-starve and have more sieges to assault beast base.

6. Will it make the game harder or easier for newbies (vs. veterans), and why.
This would change game but not much with %30 percentage i believe. So i don't think it'd hurt both newbies/veterans.

The ripple effect
7. Subsequent changes needed to tone down (compensate for) the effects of this change.
Making human siege units little more expensive might be the answer, or giving blaze a longer range. But still i think this change would not change gameplay deeply.

8. Other changes, which the current suggestion would benefit from or depends on (so it can work properly).
Siege units taking ammos from goodie bags will have a negative effect which would be a good penalty for ammo.
Also tirza's chaplain idea will create a slow convoy of sieges which would be another good penalty for having ammo.

Really looking forward for replies, cheers

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: