Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 11, 2019, 04:54:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189887 Posts in 10981 Topics by 18427 Members
Latest Member: gedgmaleek
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Re-balancing Suggestions
| | |-+  First generation changes
| | | |-+  S20: Behemoth spawn point camping usefulness decreased.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S20: Behemoth spawn point camping usefulness decreased.  (Read 24533 times)
Oberlus

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2011, 03:47:19 pm »

Oh, that's true, noobs and trolls could wreack havoc among their own mates, and that would be even more irritating and party pooper than the current behespawning. The solution would be the same as now (kickvoting him), and maybe the problems would be even more. But it would be undeniable that this problems would be more or less the same for both races, thus getting rid of the balancing problem, "behe can melee,hold positions and capture spawnflags but catas can't and that's unfair fpor hummies".
Don't forget that that's an alternative change to that of Daemon's S20, suggested in this thread by Hakugei.

Anyways (unfortunatelly with more changes to the system), comms could have the power to allow or deny siege spawning for individual players, thus stopping behetrollers soon. Moreover, that would give the comm some control to avoid the overpopulation of any siege unit if he wants.
Or there could be an in-game automatic rule for banning siegespawning to players that killed too many team mates (this is also Hakugei's I think). This would need thorough consideration: how many team-kills? absolute value or percentage? would the enemy-kills be a mitigating factor? (like "2 frags validates 1 team-kill", you know, sometimes some innocents have to die for fair cause) the siege-ban would last how much time or spawnings?).
All this could be turn on or off by the server admins, I guess.

PS: I'm so noob that I can't read and get my "reaper's best buddy" at the same time  Shocked. Many times someone came, said me hi, plays a substantial time and disconects without me noticing (and I feel bad for that). And sometimes I'm AFK for hours and forget to change nick...
Sorry for not answering you, COJ-Suoma. I'll find out who are you in game to give you a proper, real-time apology  Smiley

DarknesS
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 23, 2011, 11:01:14 am »

Actually what's lame is Behelaming that ruins most cws. Smiley

Behes are the most effective way to stop demo runners in clanwars. They are strategically extremly valuable for defense.
How else would you stop 1 mag buffed legio, how would you stop 2 mag buffed legios and 1 elec buffed? You'd require the whole team to prevent their demos from going up (thus whole team has to camp). OR you make the wise choice and use a single behe and maybe 1 shaman to defend.
Since beast have no sensors beast comms would probably use a much more defensive strategy once both teams are level 3 (whole team camping, and scouting, defensive sub spamming, no offense at all - unless enemy is inferior).

Behes can also be used to stall enemies from approaching a sub (e.g. you order your whole team to attack at one point while putting 1 behe at a chokepoint blocking 3 or 4 humans going for a sub).

Full teched humans are superior to beast in almost every way, except for the defense ability of behe. Also humans have the ability to gold starve beast (a behe is a whooping 7500 gold).

If you want to nerf behe maybe change the time after he can re-enter sub, or make only refund the player 6500 gold when he changes the unit after spanwing a behe. But don't make the unit utterly useless without even thinking about how much this will hamper beast offense during full tech game.

I understand nerfing behes in public, but without them beast are extremly inferior in CWs.

Maybe if you stopped playing shit maps with monkit spam on overcrowded servers you'd whine less about behe camping in pub, too.
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 23, 2011, 11:04:36 am »

Frankly, if a clan needs behemoths to survive at a CW, they're the inferior clan, not the race.
DarknesS
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 23, 2011, 11:55:01 am »

SCENARIO
1. You draw first round (enemy Lair was down to 10% when game finished)
2. You can't finish the second round either. There is currently a stallmate with some of them slipping past your lines whenever you attack their sh and those damage an important sub.

What will you do?
a) Don't use behe. Put less people on offense. Just defend/camp more, hold them off and easily attain a draw.
b) Put everyone except for 1 behe defending the sub on offense and finish them

Hakugei Logic: If you chose b) you are inferior to the other team.

Oh and please refrain from nit-picking about how you just said it was about surviving, not winning.

Frankly, if a clan needs behemoths to survive at a CW, they're the inferior clan, not the race.
Frankly, if a clan needs relocators to survive at a CW, they're the inferior clan, not the race.
Frankly, if a clan needs tempest to survive at a CW, they're the inferior clan, not the race.
Frankly, if a clan needs summoners to survive at a CW, they're the inferior clan, not the race.
Frankly, if a clan needs ballistas to survive at a CW, they're the inferior clan, not the race.
Frankly, if a clan needs players to survive at a CW, they're the inferior clan, not the race.
Frankly, if a clan needs good ping to survive at a CW, they're the inferior clan, not the race.
Frankly, if a clan needs electricity to survive at a CW, they're the inferior clan, not the race.
Frankly, if a clan needs oxygen to survive at a CW, they're the inferior clan, not the race.

biggeruniverse
Disrespectful Newerth Coder and Occasional Admin

Savage Days

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 25, 2011, 06:32:41 pm »

The best clans hold their breath and bone sword rush.

https://twitter.com/SavageRebirth
Quote from: Helios
You mean an already 7 yr old game is going to die eventually?  G
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: