Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 19, 2019, 10:25:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189869 Posts in 10999 Topics by 18327 Members
Latest Member: ntridkcclk
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Re-balancing Suggestions
| | |-+  First generation changes
| | | |-+  S20: Behemoth spawn point camping usefulness decreased.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S20: Behemoth spawn point camping usefulness decreased.  (Read 22964 times)
DarkStar
Evolved Darkness
Super Hero Member

I hate everyone equally.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2011, 02:20:54 pm »

behe can't defuse demo charge? sigh lol, any more changes to ruin the beast late game? Tongue

Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2011, 02:26:52 pm »

I don't pretend to be a good modeler, computer game designer, scripter, 2D artist or whatnot. Did i claim otherwise?

But i am a reasonably hard working idiot who is willing to put in his own time helping with whatever he is able to, so that others enjoy this game even a little bit more. Don't i wish i could do better, more, faster? I do.

Go make another helmet or something. Then look at a helmet someone made who is good at what they do. Then refer to article again.

Well, unlike SR devs, we don't have the privilege of spying on the "other" project private forums. We might learn a thing or 2 as well. But hey, it never hurts to play a little dirty, does it?

Anyway, why are SR devs pestering XR balance suggestions thread with unrelated, vengeful and repeatedly proved wrong, spam? If SR is so fine, why are you bugging us over here?

________
However i think i am a pretty good boardgame designer Cheesy.

You can't spy anything interesting out of your private forums anyways. Your admin section is quite dead too I herd?

And you already suck at designing helmets, why now ruin the world of board games?

Helios
Sun God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2011, 04:01:17 pm »

I'm ok with this, as long the human siege eject invulnerability is removed/reverted.

Faun
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2011, 04:04:40 pm »

This way of bickering makes you look like 14 year olds, bitching after a long day in school.

a bit ot, still the ppz addressed by these words seem to observe this here.

Common sense tells that people who improve a game in their spare time will have totally different backgrounds and ways to get things done. A total lack of respect for each other will on the other hand make sure that things get hardly finished at all. Id say you better grab the things that connect you and bring these on, than to seize up on the things you dont like on other peoples way.

In my opinion none of the two projects current intention is to translate the game into nowadays standard, while keeping the spirit and feel of TBFN. Every project tries to "add" and "improve" things, which in both games will be gamechanging and being a loss of things that are fun now. Its the existing game I love a lot, for me the ideal way would be to bring the graphics into a more attractive state, add a lot of objects with as little loss of atmosphere as possible; and to fix those nasty bugs like surfs, hitting through and stuff like this, while keeping it as pure as possible. Only when this is achieved, with the game attracting more players tho its nice looks, good functionability and community heritage (which is a very nice and impressive thing) there is space for modifications and changes, all on their own, then populated servers. If I get it right, that was what SFE was doing back then. I never played EX2, still I recognized it added stuff; maybe its this apperently history that influences the decision of both dev teams that they have to add a lot of new stuff and mechanics to be as innovative as possible. I am getting unhappy about the directions BOTH projects go, it seems more and more like mods, scripting and rebalances are eclipsing the current game. I respect that everyone got his own approach to savage, so do you, so do I. Everyone has other wishes for it, other dreams.

So we got my decreasing motivation founded in the reasons above, and we got bitchfights between two concurring community devteams on the other. Considered that my role in both projects can only be to make/polish maps, I ask to remove any dev attribute from my forum accounts here and there - I will provide maps for both projects anyway if I feel like, but I hate to stand amongst people that spat while I am feeling quite ok with them all.

I really appreciate the work you guys do, trying to get a future for savage - each team in their own ways. Im now going back to see this as a player with a lot of interest whats going on with this game, sometimes Ill try to throw out a map and see if ppz like it, but I cant identify anymore with scenes like this one, nor do I feel a real chance or audience to help you to find a way that would be decent, because you all like to add such an amount of fancy stuff instead of getting a smooth, beautiful savage asap. Not that I never wanted to add fancy stuff (Think Im master in having fancy ideas for savage), but as I already stated this should be kept in mods and not tearing the game apart.

One last word:  Plz also keep in mind how much fun you had when you started savage and what the things were that impressed you instead of only letting the vet in you decide "whats good for savage".

Good luck, may the grimms bless you
Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2011, 04:08:01 pm »

I'm ok with this, as long the human siege eject invulnerability is removed/reverted.

http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/topic,12519.15.html
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2011, 04:14:38 pm »

@Helios: what exactly is the siege eject invulnerability if you don't mind my ignorance? The short time between pressing X and spawning as a living nomad?

and we got bitchfights between two concurring community devteams on the other.

That's a nice way to put it. The correct way would be that no XR dev is causing any grievance in SR forums, no XR dev is bitching about w/e features and changes exist in SR, and certainly, no XR dev has plagued constructive threads as this one here, as far as SR is concerned. One has to make a stand, though, when lies and insults are proliferated by a group of people that go on causing dissent at every turn. HERE.

Zackorrigan
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2011, 05:34:14 pm »

I like the idea thT the behe can't defuse demo, but i dont't like that they can't hit flag. My point of view
1. If behe can't defuse demo, you can just place demo near your flag,  so behe can't hit the flag whitout take damagr
2. Humans can eject from siege to capture  flag. So let 1 beast siege unit who can do it too.

A Nomad is not a siege unit. A Nomad is a Nomad. A Nomad that bailed from a Balli or Cata is not even a normal Nomad. It's a useless Nomad. Certainly not a siege unit.

A. Behe spawning at flag and recapturing it along with killing every human there happens: ALL THE TIME!
B. Humans spawning cata or balli just to bail and be left with a naked nomad to get flag happens: NEVER?

So why would we allow A, a frequent occurrence, to keep on messing games, just because B might happen once in a million years?

B i see many times a beast who sneake and capture flag after a bali spawn, the pred take flag, the bali kill the pred, eject and take flag.Or you can do the same with cata and behemoth. But not the summ, and you wanna disalbe this abilities to behemot.

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2011, 05:49:01 pm »

Ballistas and catapults don't capture flags.
Both of them can eject to nomads, however.
Behe "can" capture flag, but summoner can't.

So any comparison hoping to make both sides even is faulty as they're not designed to be alike anyway. Smiley
H3027
Newerth PR Manager
Legendary Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2011, 05:52:05 pm »

Beasts have speed advantage. It's absolutely no problem for them to keep flags captured anyway.

First Witch: When shall we three meet again / In thunder, lightning, or in rain?
Second Witch: When the hurlyburly's done, / When the battle's lost and won.
biggeruniverse
Disrespectful Newerth Coder and Occasional Admin

Savage Days

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2011, 05:53:11 pm »

So we got my decreasing motivation founded in the reasons above, and we got bitchfights between two concurring community devteams on the other.

For you Faun, an apology is in order. I know you work mostly independently of the politics and jockeying of the various mods, for the good of Savage as a whole.

https://twitter.com/SavageRebirth
Quote from: Helios
You mean an already 7 yr old game is going to die eventually?  Good call there Nostradumbass
Helios
Sun God

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2011, 06:01:15 pm »

@Helios: what exactly is the siege eject invulnerability if you don't mind my ignorance? The short time between pressing X and spawning as a living nomad?

Yep exactly that, it was changed in XR.  It lasts long enough to negate a behe hit and gives the nomad a better chance to recapture the flag.  

If behes can't capture flags, I see no reason to have it anymore.  The only other thing it's used for is to enhance stat-whoring.  Even without it, human siege units will still be more capable of recapturing flags than beast siege units.

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2011, 06:05:22 pm »

The question that arises is, why was the invulnerability increased?

I'd suggest discussing it in its own thread (once it is created), as the suggestion was already posted recently.
Helios
Sun God

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2011, 06:08:09 pm »

Just replying to his question m8.  Smiley

Mr Brightside
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2011, 09:08:07 pm »

For what it's worth, I think that stopping behes capturing flags & disabling demos is a great idea - the original post said it all  Afro

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2011, 09:02:04 am »

Yep exactly that, it was changed in XR.  It lasts long enough to negate a behe hit and gives the nomad a better chance to recapture the flag.  

If behes can't capture flags, I see no reason to have it anymore.  The only other thing it's used for is to enhance stat-whoring.  Even without it, human siege units will still be more capable of recapturing flags than beast siege units.

Seems like a fair trade-off. I don't really know exactly how it would be done - spawning offers a a short moment of invulnerability, wherever it happens. Maybe create a new function for leaving vehicles.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: