Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 11, 2019, 06:01:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189887 Posts in 10981 Topics by 18427 Members
Latest Member: gedgmaleek
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Re-balancing Suggestions
| | |-+  First generation changes
| | | |-+  S20: Behemoth spawn point camping usefulness decreased.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S20: Behemoth spawn point camping usefulness decreased.  (Read 24542 times)
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2011, 12:38:09 pm »

Do I really need to post more examples?

Was the add of python discussed publicly?
What about gamescripts, triggers and physics? I can't remember having a thread where you asked for it.

Or what about the squads?

How much does Biggeruniverse pays for his hired mouths? Does that include a bonus for making a fool of yourself? All those you've mentioned are silverback features, not balance changes. If you don't want to use them, fine, they won't affect the game. They only OPEN THE DOORS FOR EASIER AND MORE EFFECTIVE SERVER MODDING.

Now stop making a fool of yourself, Trigardon.

biggeruniverse
Disrespectful Newerth Coder and Occasional Admin

Savage Days

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 12:39:12 pm »

I woner if your latest addition (helmet stuffs) was made with the communities approvement? Tongue

It's just eye candy. You can turn them off at anytime. And they don't affect how Behes are able to capture flags or not, or w/e other else you may think about. Melee ranges remain the same, as with everything else.

We had the 1st already, biggeruniverse implented this when he was part of the XR dev team back then. Why did you revert that anyways?

Because, not only that big did it without any sorts of community debate over this issue or any other re-balancing changes,  but he didn't even confer with any other admin. I had no idea that he even did this, tbh, and who knows what else he sneakily changed on a whim, w/o ppl knowing.

Sorry dude, but I'm going to have to call you out on that.

And what exactly is it that i got wrong? If anything, it proves my point 100%. Mohi dug up accidentally undocumented balance changes that you've made and reported them to the rest of us. I even admitted that your chages may be "right", just like any other change anyone could ever think about. This doesn't mean they should be implemented w/o a 2nd opinion... and a 3rd... and a 4th... and a 20th.

You actually did know, and without any reference to prior work, you are claiming this suggestion was your own idea.

https://twitter.com/SavageRebirth
Quote from: Helios
You mean an already 7 yr old game is going to die eventually?  G
biggeruniverse

Savage Days

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 12:40:39 pm »

What about gamescripts, triggers and physics? I can't remember having a thread where you asked for it.

How much does Biggeruniverse pays for his hired mouths? Does that include a bonus for making a fool of yourself? All those you've mentioned are silverback features, not balance changes. If you don't want to use them, fine, they won't affect the game. They only OPEN THE DOORS FOR EASIER AND MORE EFFECTIVE SERVER MODDING.

What about the mech?

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2011, 12:43:55 pm »

Those do not affect Savage nor its gameplay. It grants modders, mappers and server admins more options - but they don't have to be used.

I wasn't part of the team that far back, so I can't tell you.
However, what improvements and changes could/should be made to the squad system to make it more useful and practical were actually discussed by the community. :p
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2011, 12:45:12 pm »

What about the mech?

Could you show me a single server that has the mech? Even one whose owner i've forced into using.

biggeruniverse

Savage Days

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2011, 12:52:13 pm »

What about the mech?

Could you show me a single server that has the mech? Even one whose owner i've forced into using.

Then what did you go to all the trouble for? Is it not planned to be part of XR 1.0? And before you talk any more about "community driven" may I reference this thread, where you unilaterally shoot down requests without reference to the community.

Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2011, 12:53:24 pm »

They ALL affect the gameplay, you obviously haven't tested it enough? For my part, I have.

Daemon, *clap* *clap* *clap*

Robbo

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2011, 12:57:23 pm »

I wasn't aware the community was full of game designers. Guess they better pass all decisions made.
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2011, 12:57:36 pm »

How so? Smiley
It doesn't change Savage and modders, mappers and server admins have always had the option (and made use of it) to customize their server however they please.
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2011, 01:02:53 pm »

What about the mech?

Then what did you go to all the trouble for? Is it not planned to be part of XR 1.0? And before you talk any more about "community driven" may I reference this thread, where you unilaterally shoot down requests without reference to the community.

Back to the drawing board suggest to me, a non-native English speaker, that it is not rejected, but sent back for improvement. They're not deleted or censored, just re-cycled because of obvious flaws.

Oh and you might have missed this: a new feature has been added since a while back, and it's fully functional. The "/callvote mod" vote now allows loading mods on the fly, using the current map. All the balance changes, after being debated and their merit discussed  by a group of admins, based on arguments brought forth inhere, are implemented in a so-called "mod". That mod can be loaded anytime, changes experienced and discussions continued with proper proof, before being added to mainstream XR server.

As for this being "my idea", it's not. I just put together the suggestion, i've already said.

Quote from: Daemon
This suggestion actually stemmed by a discussion in Clans Quorum, initiated by Dervun, and which triggered quite a debate. Other aspects were being considered, like making all siege units damage their own buildings, making behe wait 30 seconds before attacking or spawning 10 seconds after clicking the spawn button, rules for moving away from subs and so on.

biggeruniverse

Savage Days

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2011, 01:12:48 pm »

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2000/01/18/MN73840.DTL

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2011, 01:24:08 pm »

Thanks, i was looking for this one myself!

Dunning, a professor of psychology at Cornell, worries about this because, according to his research, most incompetent people do not know that they are incompetent.

On the contrary. People who do things badly, Dunning has found in studies conducted with a graduate student, Justin Kruger, are usually supremely confident of their abilities -- more confident, in fact, than people who do things well.

"I began to think that there were probably lots of things that I was bad at, and I didn't know it, Dunning said.

This is the reason YOU, or ANY OTHER SINGULAR INDIVIDUAL, especially the ones that THINK THEY KNOW WHAT MUST BE DONE, be allowed to do it ON THEIR OWN. As for myself, even though i admit i believe i am well suited for making this kind of calls, i am keeping myself away from actually being tempted to do it. It's not a crime to be wrong, but it is one to think you can't be. As you do.

Robbo

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2011, 01:29:44 pm »

Firstly don't use yellow. You might think it is correct to use yellow but it isn't (refer to article).

Secondly, you will realize just how wrong you are about your claims about yourself and other when SR is released.

Go make another helmet or something. Then look at a helmet someone made who is good at what they do. Then refer to article again.
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2011, 01:48:11 pm »

I don't pretend to be a good modeler, computer game designer, scripter, 2D artist or whatnot. Did i claim otherwise?

But i am a reasonably hard working idiot who is willing to put in his own time helping with whatever he is able to, so that others enjoy this game even a little bit more. Don't i wish i could do better, more, faster? I do.

Go make another helmet or something. Then look at a helmet someone made who is good at what they do. Then refer to article again.

Well, unlike SR devs, we don't have the privilege of spying on the "other" project private forums. We might learn a thing or 2 as well. But hey, it never hurts to play a little dirty, does it?

Anyway, why are SR devs pestering XR balance suggestions thread with unrelated, vengeful and repeatedly proved wrong, spam? If SR is so fine, why are you bugging us over here?

________
However i think i am a pretty good boardgame designer Cheesy.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 01:53:29 pm by Daemon » Logged

biggeruniverse

Savage Days

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2011, 02:19:27 pm »

We keep a herd of the finest drama llamas. We're a top-tier breeder!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: