Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 19, 2019, 10:19:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189869 Posts in 10999 Topics by 18327 Members
Latest Member: ntridkcclk
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Re-balancing Suggestions
| | |-+  First generation changes
| | | |-+  S21: Removing sac upon entering a building
Poll
Question: Apply this change?
Yes - 12 (80%)
No - 3 (20%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S21: Removing sac upon entering a building  (Read 12642 times)
Zaitev
« on: August 25, 2011, 04:50:15 pm »

Hi!

I wouldn't call this a re-balancing feature per se, but it's something that is a bit weird and will be a good thing to change IMO.

1. I'd like to suggest removing the sac state when you enter a building. Right now, when you enter a building and spawn again, you will have all your states removed from you except the sac state.
The re-balancing suggestion:
2. The current situation allows for people to wait 9 seconds at their lair, then spawn at a crowded sub and sac the crap out of everyone. Also, when you enable sac too soon because you're being a playersac nib for a match or two, you can't undo the effect and you're doomed.
Both of these things are a bit of a downside at times.
3. The effect will be that the above scenarios won't occur anymore. Can't make more of it Smiley.

The impact on the game:
4. It will become impossible to enable sac and blow up in one second after spawning. It will also be impossible Some like to take Behemoth and explode with that unit at a crowded sub, one second after spawning.
5. n/a
6. It would possibly make the system of entering buildings more logical because all the states get removed when you enter a building instead of having a special system for the sac state.

7. n/a
8. n/a

I'm open to suggestions, modifications and/or constructive criticism Smiley.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 04:52:45 pm by Zaitev » Logged
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 04:55:48 pm »

You didn't Read 1st! :: Suggest specific gameplay changes HERE. Also, some1 sabotaged this forum so that any1 can open threads Sad

Zaitev
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 05:12:57 pm »

O_o
I followed the steps but failed to read the intro to Phase I.
Sorry. Will you remove this thread? I will copy and paste it as a reply to the 'Read 1st' topic like everyone does, now I noticed it.

My apologies, and thanks! Wink

PS. New topics are enabled, but new polls are still possible. That's probably it.

PPS. New reply posted! You can delete this topic now, if you want.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 05:16:17 pm by Zaitev » Logged
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 05:39:31 pm »

Nah, it wouldn't have been recycled to "Back to the drawing board" thread so go ahead.

Got no clue how start new polls got left for Testers but I've fixed it now! We shall have order! Tongue

Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 05:43:38 pm »

Got no clue how start new polls got left for Testers but I've fixed it now! We shall have order! Tongue

its always been like that  Grin
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 10:12:42 pm »

1. I'd like to suggest removing the sac state when you enter a building. Right now, when you enter a building and spawn again, you will have all your states removed from you except the sac state.

That's because it's not a state, it's an attachment.
But yes, doesn't change that it shouldn't occur.

Is it just my imagination, or does every new Savage version fix it just to have it pop up again? :p
Zaitev
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 11:51:48 pm »

That's because it's not a state, it's an attachment.

Hmm I didn't know that Smiley.
So.. Does the sac attachment trigger two timers? One client side and one server side? Because there is an icon on the HUD like there is on the other states (speed, mag, other buffs), and it disappears after blowing up (obviously) and something has to trigger the blowing up animation.
Or is there only one timer (server side) and the server tells the client when to remove the sac animation and show the blowing up animation?
I don't think I ever had a lag that was exactly on the time I was supposed to blow up after triggering a sac and lasted long enough to alert me on that I did or didn't blow up during that lag.

Interesting.. How does sac work? Smiley
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 08:22:22 am »

So.. Does the sac attachment trigger two timers? One client side and one server side?
Server.

Because there is an icon on the HUD
No there is not, as sac doesn't use a state; unless you play on an old server/modded server; or you cheat. Smiley

Interesting.. How does sac work? Smiley
When you use the sacrifice item, it attaches itself to you, then idles for 10 seconds.
Once the 10 seconds are up, it explodes while also killing you and itself (=the sacrifice item attached to you).
Zaitev
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 02:56:14 pm »

No there is not, as sac doesn't use a state; unless you play on an old server/modded server; or you cheat. Smiley
I went in-game to take a screenie of the icon to show you what I meant.. And there's none >.<
I don't know how I got it in my head that there was :p.

Interesting to know sac isn't a state but actually a thing by itself (a thing that attaches, but still kinda) Smiley.
valli
Quack or die!
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 10:44:20 pm »

I went in-game to take a screenie of the icon to show you what I meant.. And there's none >.<
I don't know how I got it in my head that there was :p.

Interesting to know sac isn't a state but actually a thing by itself (a thing that attaches, but still kinda) Smiley.

Probably you use it so much with frenzy, that you meant the frenzy icon Wink, but anyway I think that would be a good sugestion, to remove the attachment when you go into a lair/ sublair.

He who controls the past commands the future, He who commands the future, conquers the past.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: