Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 20, 2019, 05:41:31 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189653 Posts in 10987 Topics by 18241 Members
Latest Member: Abigaiper
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Re-balancing Suggestions
| | |-+  First generation changes
| | | |-+  S18: Picked ammo boxes refill up to 100% ammo if player has ammo pack
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S18: Picked ammo boxes refill up to 100% ammo if player has ammo pack  (Read 4209 times)
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« on: August 06, 2011, 08:52:01 pm »

Suggested by: Daemon

The re-balancing suggestion:
1. The precise change you wanna see done, including exact values and item/unit names etc.
I suggest that the ammo boxes enemies and NPCs drop when killed (goodie bags) to be able to be picked by players that have more than 1/2 ammo, the current limit, and refill ammo up to the max ammo capacity of the player, when the Ammo Pack item is present.

2. What triggered it (what is the CAUSE that made you think of something to eliminate that cause)
I have seen a lot of players, including myself, who run out of ammo at some point or another, after some fights, maybe a little hurt too, so they reloc back even if not in immediate danger. If they weren't out of ammo, they would have probably kept on fighting some more.

The other cause is that beasts are indeed able to refill their mana to max. Given the fact that, among others, one of the suggestions made in this forum is going to be implemented in a quite nice way (hint: Mana Crystal), there should be something done with its human counterpart.

3. The predicted overall effect of your change (its PURPOSE).
Being able to refill more of the ammo on the way to target or after fights, means that running out of ammo occurs somewhat less often. Having some ammo is a good incentive to stand your ground. More fights would take place and less beasts would whine about reloccers Smiley.

The impact on the game:
4. What will become harder to do, and for whom (units, teams etc).
It would slightly lengthen the time hums are on the field and it would slightly reduce the number of "preventive" relocs (relocs done by people that are out of danger, but do want to be fully healed and fully armed before the next encounter). They will still do that, but maybe they'll wait for one more fight, and who knows what can happen, right? Cheesy

5. What will become easier to accomplish, and by whom.
Humans would have less of a deterrent to venture off away from spawn points. As rabid or carn users take advantage of NPC along the way, hums get to do that a little more effectively.

6. Will it make the game harder or easier for newbies (vs. veterans), and why.
Don't think it would affect this aspect.

The ripple effect
7. Subsequent changes needed to tone down (compensate for) the effects of this change.
It's such a small change i don't think there's need for any counter measures.

8. Other changes, which the current suggestion would benefit from or depends on (so it can work properly).
None.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 07:57:15 am by Daemon » Logged

Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 10:30:38 pm »

could do this for mana crystal as well. But i think 100% of ammo refill is too high, maybe a lower percentage.
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 10:40:14 pm »

I don't mean 1 ammo box should bring ammo load to full.

Example:

Right now, if you have Xbow, and no Ammo Pack, you get 20 shots. Each ammo box you pick refills 2 shots. If you reach 20 (50%) you won't be able to pick any more ammo boxes. But even if you buy an Ammo Pack item, and your max ammo is 40, you still can't pick ammo boxes if you got more than 20 ammo.

What i suggest is being able to pick up ammo boxes despite the fact that you currently have more than 50% ammo on you.

Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 11:28:57 pm »

now i understand you idea, I like it.
Mohican
Order of the Stick
Former XR Dev
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 03:47:02 am »

I like the idea of increasing refill rate for people who have an ammo box (maybe 2x faster).

This would make a nice counter to preds farming NPCs with Carn.

Rumo
Newerth Donator

<3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 12:21:41 pm »

Who is whining about reloccers?
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 04:29:43 pm »

People wanting to add delays to reloc or wanting to make snare forbid reloccing etc.

http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/topic,12538.0.html
http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/topic,12678.msg151981.html#msg151981

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: