Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2022, 11:40:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190179 Posts in 11018 Topics by 18667 Members
Latest Member: avelesfilho
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Server Forum
| | |-+  Archived (-03.11.14)
| | | |-+  EU Referees
| | | | |-+  Chiprel ref - abuse ? not ?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chiprel ref - abuse ? not ?  (Read 4307 times)
LaDy

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2007, 03:48:52 pm »

well, since soulless is about to post about my "  ref abuse "  in a few minutes, id like to know for the future -
does making yourself a chiprel ingame and balling players / saccing etc is an abuse ?

cuz yes i did chipref myself and killed players with a chiprolistra, then the complained and i stopped even though that imo its not as abuse as long as :

- you dont hit buildings.
- you dont hide in places ppl cant see you .
after all chip has MAX 170 hp...
Notausgang
Map Admin
Super Hero Member

Gnagsuaton

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 04:04:15 pm »

that's actually the joke about the "ref rules", they say nothing about the free use of commands; they don't even forbid kicking everyone or randomly. they just say how a ref should act when a player breaks a player rule Rolleyes

my suggestion would be to add a paragraph like "using ref powers for anything not handled by the other ref rules has to result in the greatest happiness for the greatest number" (utilitarianism Tongue)
so running around as a chiprel would be allowed then, but balliing players who get mad at you since they couldn't see you wouldn't.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 04:07:10 pm by Notausgang » Logged
hell'
#*~"[?|
Super Hero Member

God is an urban myth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 04:06:45 pm »

well - a chip only has 100hp - and u can't turn yourself back

but still i'd say it's abuse to chiprel a player (including oneself) DURING game (yes - i did it as well...)

reasons:
- people don't expect it / it's "unnormal" in sense of the original gameplay
- a chiprel is way harder to hit than a balli/cata/whatever
- you can run into enemy territory rather unseen and be a spy (e.g. looking for gates)

so from my point of view it's like any other exploit, so i'd say it's ref abuse

other opinions?

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. Friedrich Nietzsche
Belief in the supernatural reflects a failure of the imagination. Edward Abbey
Notausgang
Map Admin
Super Hero Member

Gnagsuaton

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 04:12:13 pm »

well - a chip only has 100hp - and u can't turn yourself back
as your levels rise you can get up to 170 hp, as lady said; also you can turn yourself back on ts maps, abusing the ref unbuffalo command.

i wouldn't totally forbid those cool commands, since they can really be fun; as i suggested above, you shouldn't be allowed to use them, if you severly annoy ppl with it, which would probably also include using the commands to give one team an advantage (e.g. spying for gating places, as you said).
Voldo
Neighbourhood Rangewhore
Super Hero Member

Oh Dear...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 04:18:19 pm »

reasons:
- people don't expect it / it's "unnormal" in sense of the original gameplay
- a chiprel is way harder to hit than a balli/cata/whatever
- you can run into enemy territory rather unseen and be a spy (e.g. looking for gates)

so from my point of view it's like any other exploit, so i'd say it's ref abuse

I agree completely with this - I've messed around with the chiprel commands too so I am being a hypocrit Afro.

Though I dont think LaDy or anyone should lose ref for this, as it wasnt really covered in the rules.

2pizza
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 04:25:00 pm »

i did it yesterday too...was like LOLOLOLO Cheesy
lets do chiprell balli wars! like 20vs20! Cheesy
LaDy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 04:27:52 pm »

hehe, so anyway he posted his post, and i responed.

if we agree here its an exlpoit i wud obviously not do it again, if we dont, do you mind deleting his insulting post ?
Taggi

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 04:28:49 pm »

well, since soulless is about to post about my "  ref abuse "  in a few minutes, id like to know for the future -
does making yourself a chiprel ingame and balling players / saccing etc is an abuse ?

cuz yes i did chipref myself and killed players with a chiprolistra, then the complained and i stopped even though that imo its not as abuse as long as :

- you dont hit buildings.
- you dont hide in places ppl cant see you .
after all chip has MAX 170 hp...

You have really bad judgement if you really belive in what you wrote, that its okey as long as you dont hit buildings but its totally fine to kill people.
2pizza
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 04:39:56 pm »

its not exploit - clearly ref abusing Cheesy
all who did it slaps with warning!  Angry Cheesy
Mats

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2007, 04:41:47 pm »

Eh, it's obviously abuse to do this. Chiprel is fine if you use it:

1. In warm-up
2. Use it during normal game but so that it in no way give advantages to your team. Which means to not attack buildings or people as well as not scouting or spying for your team.
3. On matchserver if no one minds(which basically is before everyone arrived and real match starts)
Mats

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2007, 04:50:54 pm »

From your response in server forum.

so we talked , he flamed and maoned, while i told him come here and complain otherwise shut up there is no reason to spray curses and argues in the server while others just come to play and have fun.
so he kept on and on and on, not even talking nicely, just crusing and being a crusing machince, so anyway he got kicked again for the inability of him to shut up and let ppl play, ( some ppl complained about the arguement ).

Telling him to go to the forum if he has complaints is best. When he doesn't you should really just mute him first. No need to kick him. Especially since it's not very weird that he's pissed off about this.
LaDy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2007, 05:13:50 pm »

yes you are right, i shudnt have kicked him first, but like i know him he wud just reconect or wait for the next game.
its been an hour since and he still whine about it , even after i apologized and said i wont do it again.

And taggi, ofc its much more abusive / exlpoity to kill an enemy building like that, it make the other team lose more then just if they lose a player for couple of seconds.

Anyway, i wont do it again as i understand it might be annoying and abusive, thats all.
Notausgang
Map Admin
Super Hero Member

Gnagsuaton

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2007, 05:20:52 pm »

Eh, it's obviously abuse to do this. Chiprel is fine if you use it:

1. In warm-up
2. Use it during normal game but so that it in no way give advantages to your team. Which means to not attack buildings or people as well as not scouting or spying for your team.
3. On matchserver if no one minds(which basically is before everyone arrived and real match starts)
/signs Smiley
Helios
Sun God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2007, 05:39:21 pm »

Yah chiprel ballista/cata shouldn't be used in game but I think anything else is ok.  However people will bitch no matter what; the other day I ran around as chiprel without items and soulless/the battle complained that I was scouting and tried to kick me several times.  Freaking idiots in this game.

Phantom
Me like cake

Fear

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2007, 07:44:42 pm »

FUCK, a ref need commen sens. it shouldn't be necessary to have everything written down. the rules are not definite or perfect. So lets not be fuckingassholes, and say: " Oh, it didn't say in the ref rules that couldn't do it." 

Just what i think
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: