Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2020, 02:41:16 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190045 Posts in 11004 Topics by 18533 Members
Latest Member: Skuzie
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Savage XR Videos
| | |-+  INFO: How to create a Savage XR video
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: INFO: How to create a Savage XR video  (Read 64383 times)
H3027
Newerth PR Manager
Legendary Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2013, 08:18:34 am »

Tirza.. I recorded 1 minute of HD clip.. not full HD.. the 1 minute file was in avi format and the size was 1GB.
any way I can make that smaller and keep it HD?

You mean you recorded it with FRAPS? These files are almost uncompressed, so they are going to be big. You can't change that. And you shouldn't, unless you really lack harddisk space: http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/topic,13576.msg160009.html#msg160009

If you meant that after exporting from Sony Vegas into AVI format the videos were getting too big, it's probably because you exported it uncompressed. If you exported it to uncompressed AVI from Vegas, then you have to convert it into h264 with MediaCoder. But you can also convert it from Vegas directly: http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/topic,13576.msg160013.html#msg160013

First Witch: When shall we three meet again / In thunder, lightning, or in rain?
Second Witch: When the hurlyburly's done, / When the battle's lost and won.
H3027
Newerth PR Manager
Legendary Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2013, 12:03:07 am »

As requested by a bunch of people, all Savage XR Trailer configs, demos, maps and minimaps available as download:

http://www.newerth.com/tirza/xrtrailer_mat.rar

If you have any questions related to the settings/recording/post-production of the Savage XR Gameplay Trailer, ask them here.

First Witch: When shall we three meet again / In thunder, lightning, or in rain?
Nobody

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2013, 02:01:40 am »

olderth seems to be down  Cry

going for top 10 healer Cheesy
Nanaa
Newerth Donator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2013, 06:09:09 pm »

I have to take back something I said.

Did some tests for Blade's upcoming movie and played around with motion blur. I think I finally found right settings for it!

The thing is that you're gonna screw up if your fps doesn't stay at right value. If you try to record at 120 fps and it sometimes jumps to 110, your demo slows down even more (like ~8%) at those moments.

It's actually quite surprising how the demo slowdown works. When you briefly press left arrow, your demo slows down as much as your PC needs to be able to render 333 frames per sec. Next step is 500, then 833 and last one is 1000 fps.

So,
if your fps is in normal speed 300 and you slow down to the max 1000 fps, demo is slowed down by
1000/300 * 100% = 333%

If you started to record with fraps @120 fps and you slowed down to max, demo would be slowed down by
1000/120 * 100% = 833%

And if your fps dropped to 100 during the recording, demo would be slowed down by
1000/100 * 100% = 1000%

So all in all, motion blur with 1000 fps is actually doable (unlike I earlier thought). You just need to find good enough settings to keep fps at 120 even at the most intense moments. In case fps drops, it results in inconsistent speeds which will be a pain in the ass to deal with.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 06:55:59 pm by Nanaa » Logged
H3027
Newerth PR Manager
Legendary Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2014, 01:56:37 pm »

Update for video makers:

Savage command to remove damage/heal flashes:
cl_playerdamageoverlay 0
cl_playerhealoverlay 0

(I didn't know that this command exists until I saw Shag disabling it on his twitch stream)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 02:00:58 pm by H3027 » Logged

Nanaa
Newerth Donator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2014, 02:11:37 pm »

Update for video makers:

cl_playerdamageoverlay 0
cl_playerhealoverlay 0

(I didn't know that this command exists until I saw Shag disabling it on his twitch stream)

Awesome to hear! Wish I was aware of those cmds earlier.

Is there an easy way to remove level up stars too?
H3027
Newerth PR Manager
Legendary Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2014, 02:13:06 pm »

Update for video makers:

cl_playerdamageoverlay 0
cl_playerhealoverlay 0

Awesome to hear! Wish I was aware of those cmds earlier.

Is there an easy way to remove level up stars too?

Yeah, edit /effects/beast_levelup.effect
It's also in the Savage XR Trailer config I shared.

Other stuff that's part of the Savage XR trailer config:

- all HUD elements removed (including research icons and fonts)
- all non-combat/item sounds removed
- officer flag reset to XR RC3 (sun emblem instead of empty flag)
- Beast armor color reset to XR RC3 (brown instead of gray on gray)
- revive/voice chat/waypoint/network icons removed
- commander selection removed
- high res blood

What I simply removed from the big Savage0.s2z without adding it to the config:
- officer helmet reset to default Savage style
- all custom items/squad related stuff removed
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 02:43:52 pm by H3027 » Logged

LazyFly

"Rebuild quick!" "But its so much effort..."

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2014, 08:25:01 pm »

hey, i was just wondering what program is used to make intros like the one at the start of this clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvXTF_tw15k
or particualy this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTAGvG4EJjE

H3027
Newerth PR Manager
Legendary Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2014, 08:50:05 pm »

The first one is an after effects template with edited text (there are many of them on the web that you can download for free).
Same goes for the outro of "Extreme Fragging". It's from an after effects template too, all you have to do is change text and screenshots.
The second one is a standard video transition effect that you can find in most video editors.

The problem with these templates is that they may not fit to your video and may not fit together if you use multiple templates, but you'll get good results with minimal effort. Creating custom effects that perfectly fit to your video and look exactly how you want them is much much harder though.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 09:47:41 pm by H3027 » Logged

Nanaa
Newerth Donator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2014, 10:37:10 pm »

Why was beast armor even changed to gray? Light brown looked way more sexier and is closer to bones' natural color (which is creamy white).

Also default officer could have that sun emblem back since squads aren't used much anyways.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 10:45:22 pm by Nanaa » Logged
LazyFly

"Rebuild quick!" "But its so much effort..."

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2014, 04:38:05 am »

ahright thanks hr3027
ill look around and see what i can come up with Smiley

H3027
Newerth PR Manager
Legendary Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2014, 12:06:58 pm »

Why was beast armor even changed to gray? Light brown looked way more sexier and is closer to bones' natural color (which is creamy white).

Also default officer could have that sun emblem back since squads aren't used much anyways.

If I remember right it was changed because brown doesn't look realistic and to make the highlevel colored armor more prominent. It doesn't matter whether it's more "realistic" or not, gray armor on a gray unit looks significantly worse. I think it's quite a big deal. Being in charge of the promotion of Savage XR I used my freedom of changing things for the better in the Trailer and on screenshots, especially when those things already defined the Savage look positiviely for almost 10 years (it's not like I'm inventing new stuff). Furthermore I didn't have butterfly's demo anymore from the xr_losthills intro which was recorded in RC3 style back in 2011. So there was little point showing the armor differently later on. And besides that games usually tend to look a bit worse than presented in the trailer, so people are prepared for all kind of shit.

The beast armor color would be easy to change back, just replace it with the RC3 beast texture. Fixing the officer flag for servers with squads disabled would be a little harder as it needs some scripting, as the sun flag is already assigned to a certain squad. When squads are disabled the game would need to use a new default officer flag.

But for movie making it's just about changing 2 texture files, which is certainly worth the effort.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 12:11:52 pm by H3027 » Logged

Nanaa
Newerth Donator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2014, 07:40:39 pm »

A useless but funny feature I found:

If autorecord demos and name yourself for example "somedemos/Nanaa", the game will create a folder called "somedemos" and store your demos there  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 07:47:17 pm by Nanaa » Logged
jazzking
Melee enthusiast
Newerth Shoutcaster

Duels Duels Duels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2014, 08:49:10 am »

So that's why you were called that! By the way we ended up losing the game after you left Sad

Nanaa
Newerth Donator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2014, 03:45:02 pm »

Youtube supports now 60 fps. GG!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: