Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2019, 08:40:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189848 Posts in 10981 Topics by 18383 Members
Latest Member: janetroche
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Hi! My name is ..
| | |-+  POLL: How did you hear about Savage?
Poll
Question: How did you hear about Savage?
A friend told me about the Game
A link somewhere on the Internet
I searched for a free game
YouTube
Facebook
Otherwise
Desura

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: POLL: How did you hear about Savage?  (Read 24980 times)
Zorn
XR Mapper

And who are YOU?

View Profile WWW
« on: February 27, 2011, 12:07:34 am »

Thank you for voting! By filling out the poll you support us in advertising Savage: The Battle for Newerth. If none of the oprions above match how you found out about the game, please specify the way you heard about Savage in a short reply Afro
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 12:09:46 am by Zorn » Logged

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says: 'I'm possible'!"
Audrey Hepburn

CarniWhore
Newerth Donator

chown

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 11:27:46 am »

I found out by attending a lan party (www.westlan.co.uk). We played loads of games throughout the weekend and then on the Saturday evening we all installed Savage, SEPT I think (where the serial number was loads of 0's) and I thought "Wow, this game is really immersive". Then the behes came into our newbie base and I was hooked Smiley

Savage is great for Lan parties, although at lan parties I recommend SFE as the XR update process normally fails due to no/limited internet.

H3027
Newerth PR Manager
Legendary Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 12:11:08 pm »

My brother imported Savage back in 2003 and also allowed me to play it on his PC. Then in April 2005 I found Savage here for Mac http://macgamefiles.com/item/18602/Savage-The-Battle-for-Newerth-Demo/ and instantly bought it as digital download - and started to play more frequently (with sucky 15-25 fps) Smiley

First Witch: When shall we three meet again / In thunder, lightning, or in rain?
Second Witch: When the hurlyburly's done, / When the battle's lost and won.
Zorn
XR Mapper

And who are YOU?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 12:13:24 pm »

As i bought my last computer in 2006, the game was distributed along with the graphic card. There was a CD with 3 Games on it - one of those was Savage. So i just installed them all but as i saw how savage is working and how the gameplay "feels" i was hugged by the spirit of savage xD

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says: 'I'm possible'!"
Audrey Hepburn

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 01:42:29 pm »

Through a german TV show spotlighting all kinds of games.
GigaGames!

And Bobbe found Savage through me.
BEARD!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 02:50:48 pm »

If I remember correctly, http://jayisgames.com/archives/2008/05/weekend_download_38.php

Trikitiger
F***ING KICKASS Top Ten Shaman!

F*** the K/D ratio, Healing is where it's at.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 03:45:16 pm »

I heard of it almost literally from a friend. My school was doing LAN parties against the Spokane Campus, and I was like "Savage, what's that?" And because we had a Thursday's class we were kind of shown it, and heck it was awesome. So we went to the LAN party and that's how I first played. I didn't kick ass at the LAN party, but after playing some online games, I did better than most of the others on the last few LAN parties (I'm sure they didn't play as much as I did at that time lol) Now I play for gitts and shiggles as well as killing time at the end of the night.

That was also how I first played sky_hopping. However it's quite unfortunate that the map doesn't work online like it did with the LAN

(The ORIGINAL sky_hopping)
Map Status   deleted
Reason   antigrav no longer working :-/

Not the new one, sky_hopping!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 03:48:41 pm by Trikitiger » Logged

--- Top 10 best Shaman! WHOO! ---

Helping XR Completion --- Starting after Capstone --- Agreed to help out with model making for main units
mopok
Fhear The Pineapple

The Rise of the Pineapples

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 12:26:53 am »

i found the old savage CD in a garbage can Cheesy thats how i found it

SNOWFLAKE
hores luva

I make L☺L

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 07:11:47 pm »

I was searching for a free game to play. Downloaded it and played with 999 ping for a few months. lol

creaddor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2011, 11:29:55 pm »

I was added on YouTube. So, I went to go see the person's channel and saw a Savage video... googled Savage and came straight here. Smiley
KQ

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 12:26:22 pm »

Once i was at my friends home, just gaming, then he show me up Savage...and i was curioused...thats the way how i found Savage..xD thats now 5 Years ago...damn (and i just play like a noob..xD)
Renegade
Newerth Referees (EU)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 11:33:01 pm »

I found Savage while i was looking at a 5 games in one CD and started playing it in an Aussie server. Then moved on to Girls HvH.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I managed to get 6 of my buddies playing Savage, they all loved HvH and they all left after HvH died. Just wanted to mention how welcoming that server was for the new-comers..
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 11:35:26 pm by Renegade » Logged

Paintball
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 12:42:28 pm »

I think Ive gotten it trough a PC magazin (PC GAMES) in 2006.

At first I just played Neverwinter Nights on the CD, as there were more Games included, but then I got curious about Savage and installed it.

@Rene: Played on Aussie server at first aswell, afs and h impressed me so freaking much back then  Grin

I guess a lot of german players got it trough that magazine at that time.

pew pew
Taggi

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2011, 11:52:03 am »

Friend played beta version and got me in. Didnt buy it at release just played hvh demo for a long time. Met the NYD crew (most of the old evos) there and decided to buy eventually.
kingwesley(WILLY)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2011, 01:38:51 pm »

I was searching for a free online game on a random site and Savage appeared right there, so i just DL and start playing, this was 6 years ago Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: