Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 28, 2020, 05:42:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190053 Posts in 11007 Topics by 18542 Members
Latest Member: bennevisderking
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Announcements
| |-+  Main Page News
| | |-+  Riding the wave...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Riding the wave...  (Read 39473 times)
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2011, 08:28:54 pm »

Riding the wave...

Please follow THIS link to vote for your favorite picture in the Unique Item "Who is Bobbe?" contest.

Hello (:

Recent v26 spam didn't go unnoticed. There has been a great response from the community, and a host of people, willing and able, have joined the dev team previously running on fumes. So it's time to ride the wave of change.

First of all, it has been decided that we shall stop holding back releasing changes and additions for such time that XR 1.0 is officially completed. We will be including the new stuff progressively into w/e version of XR it's currently running. As we speak, textures are being remade, old maps are being reworked, new props are being added, bugs and compatibility issues are being fixed, tutorials are being created and balance suggestions are being reviewed. Even if they're not ground-breaking, here are some of the most interesting projects aimed at improving the Savage experience and the community:

1. Newerth.com Re-designed
The website is getting a re-design, aimed at improving it both visually and in terms of functionality. A new Screenshots Gallery where players can upload their own images is an example of its new features. Special attention will be given to better promoting Savage XR to new visitors and to provide easier navigation and access to important resources such as Downloads Area or the NSL page, all throughout the forum.

2. New ingame Stats page.
A completely redesigned Stats page will be included with XR as soon as it's done. It will contain the full list of awards and relevant info for the player accounts, available at the click of a button. Accessing one's own account stats will be possible even without connecting to a server, from the main menu, a page that will also be a central point for the next 3 items on this list.

3. Clan Management panel
Long overdue, the clan panel will allow clan leaders (and members, to some extent), to manage the clan affairs with greater ease, through the ingame graphical interface. The exact list of actions available is yet to be decided upon, but the current clan commands will surely be present.

4. Achievements
Following a number of events (which haven't been decided yet), like awards and accomplishments in terms of playing the game, the players accumulate Reward Points. There are some extra awards in it for these players, and most importantly, the points can be redeemed, exchanged for some fun stuff (read next). These points or what they're gonna be used for won't have any effect on the actual gameplay.

5. Ingame Shop
Players having won Reward Points will be able to trade them for new, custom clothing accessories, weapons and armor pieces, brand new taunts, visual effects and sounds, from inside an ingame shop. Clansmen will have the option of using similar crests (logos, icons etc), or decorate themselves with specific shields or helmets, for example. Might be a while before the array of available items gets really extensive, but i'll be personally assisting serious clans with this feature, just like i've done up until now with icons.

To make customization even more exciting, auctions and competitions will be held for specific items and we will go even as far as producing unique such items to be worn by one and only one player. As an appetizer to this enjoyable new feature, i am going to start a contest right now, for the prize of being the first player to ever receive a free, custom made, unique item, associated with a single account. This item is going to be worn ingame for everyone to see, and what the item will be and what will it look like ingame shall be the choice of the winner! (Of course, within the boundaries of common decency... and FPS!). An example of such thing is the recent Christmas pack or this:

I am going to ask you a question. The answers to this question, given by forum users, will have to be submitted in the form of a 256x256px still image with captions. After 1 week, a selection of images that have entered the competition (1 from each user), picked by the subject of this very contest, will be pitted against each other in a poll lasting for another week. The author of the picture that will get the most votes will be the winner and the proud wearer of the first unique item Savage has ever seen, to be admired and revered by everyone! Tongue.
And the question is: Who is Bobbe?

« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 07:19:33 pm by Daemon » Logged

-Mein-
The One and Only
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 08:35:16 pm »

Post deleted for obvious inflammatory remark.

Can we ban Tirza and Haku from Balancing? I don't want to play the game they are making i want to play Savage.

Mein: this is the last time a post like this is tolerated.
Next time your post will get deleted.

@ Mein

Mohican has already warned you, let me be more forceful. Next time I see a senseless remark from you, I will ban you from the forums, and this time I won't be setting a date to it. It's well and truly past due that some of the players who lurk on these forums and troll learnt some table manners or just disappear, the choice is in your hands.

Ane.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 03:41:00 am by Aneurysm » Logged

happy
Oschore Breeder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 08:45:33 pm »

In a true Newerth style, useless posts are expected. Please refrain from being the ones submitting them. Thank you!

Ingame shop and Achievments are shit, never like such stuff.

Dae, are you a wizard? Smiley

Brilliant ideas. I'm looking especially forward to the ingame shop, and the new clan system. Afro
Expect me spamming you for new screenshots, etc!
cutter
Super Hero Member

Easy as 123

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 08:46:47 pm »

Finally, a stats page. It's been a long time coming.

Ingame shop and achievements don't affect gameplay in any way whatsoever, so don't freak out too much. Smiley

Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 09:22:29 pm »

nice stuff mate but is in-game shop and reward points needed? you can easly mod stuff yourself, unless you "lock it"

and what do you mean by clan managment? like using /clancommands without going into savage its self?
-Kerberos-

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 09:31:28 pm »

err whats the matter with in-game shop and reward points, I guess you don't have to use them if you don't want to? It'll surely be in favor of new players! Also - I'll love it Tongue

GJ, really looking forward to this!
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 09:32:40 pm »

nice stuff mate but is in-game shop and reward points needed? you can easly mod stuff yourself, unless you "lock it"

You can "mod" a part of it, not all. And if you mod it, only you can see it. :p At least that's how it sounds.
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 09:40:27 pm »

Yeah. Say you win this contest and you get the item. Or you "buy" with Reward Points w/e uber hat from the shop. Everyone will see you wearing it, and no1 else will be wearing it except you. Well, there will be common items of course, which you can use to change your appearance anytime Tongue.

cutter
Super Hero Member

Easy as 123

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 10:16:36 pm »

Do we have an ETA on any of this?

Faun
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 11:16:17 pm »

Hm, to me this sounds like it should be deactivateable via "Show Armor" in the Options, or it will kill Savs FPS on weaker systems
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 07:28:16 am »

It won't kill FSP because most stuff will replace existing elements. You won't have 2 shields or 2 axes.

Mohican
Order of the Stick
Former XR Dev
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 09:18:42 am »

@Cutter:
We plan to bring in the unique items first.
We will probably release this as an RC3 patch.

The achievements and shop will probably need to wait for XR 1.0.
It involves a lot more work.

As for Stats/Clan, they may be release in RC3.
Depends if we keep riding this good wave or not...

-Mein-
The One and Only
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2011, 11:36:57 am »

I am sorry that you had to delete my stuff but i just said my opinion, and i don't think newerth is censoring opinions.

[...], i never liked such stuff.

There was obv no need to delete it.
HoN implemented such a shop like that aswell and i was like "omg why do you need such shit". In HoN you earn points by winning games, etc. Just like you planed but you also can buy points with real money which is just shit. Its nearly in all those shops that you can use real money for it, and thats just not cool. And i am in fear this will end in that way. Even if the money would be use like the donations it would be shit.

So to summ it up there was no need to delete my post it was my opinon, not trolling, not flameing, neither it was pointed at a specific person.
PS. I only talked only about those 2 things, the rest sounds fine so i didn't lose a word on it.

Ingame shop and achievements don't affect gameplay in any way whatsoever, so don't freak out too much. Smiley

Seems like i hurted your feelings.

H3027
Newerth PR Manager
Legendary Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2011, 11:46:59 am »

I'm fine with the in-game shop as long as you can buy stuff only with game achievements and not with real money and as long as you can disable the items from being displayed in the graphic options.

First Witch: When shall we three meet again / In thunder, lightning, or in rain?
Second Witch: When the hurlyburly's done, / When the battle's lost and won.
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2011, 12:17:33 pm »

Buying unique stuff with real money - now that's a good idea. Maybe we can help newerth pay for some more expenses this way, since there won't be any other effect on the gameplay except visually. There's a deficit of ~2000 GBP and there will come a day when ppl will have had enough of losing this kind of money, unless players start contributing.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: